Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay

Pan-Asian

Bookings not required

Reservations are not required at Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay.

If you'd like to speak to someone to discuss dining or any other query, call:

About Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay

OPENS SUMMER 2019

This Asian eating house is the brainchild of TV chef Gordon Ramsay, and replaces his much-loved Maze Mayfair, which operated for 14 years.

Inspired by the drinking dens of 1930s Tokyo, Lucky Cat is led by executive chef Ben Orpwood, who has previous experience at the likes of glamorous Sexy Fish and long-standing Japanese concept Zuma.

Lucky Cat’s interiors are the work of design studio AfroditiKrassa, who boast the likes of popular Indian group Dishoom in their portfolio. Food wise, you can expect to dine from a menu of Asian-style small plates and dishes from a robata grill. Chow down on dishes such as seared otoro with house soy, wakame oil and baby kale, as well as Orkney scallop with yuzu and sweetcorn hot sauce, wasabi leaf and lime.

Good to know about Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay

Mon-Sun 12N-3pm 5.30-11pm

Reviews of Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay

Dinner with friends
23 January 2015
Excellent venue, food & service. Would definitely recommend it!

Maze - lovely food but not overly generous and slightly lacking in atmostphere
10 December 2014
Food was lovely... Modern European/Oriental served Tapas style. However, portions not great for the price, plus many things distinctly over-priced (post-dinner coffee for £5?). And overall the atmosphere was quite dull. Felt like eating in a hotel. Would probably eat there again if going for work lunch, but not on my own money!

Anthony M

07 April 2014
My best friend and I dined here for Saturday lunch – we were shown to our table and given menus. We were surprised to see a set lunch menu available and both opted for this (4 courses for £30). All of our dishes were superb – small dishes but full of flavour and freshness – the sea bream was especially delicious for me. Our final course was dessert and this was the chocolate and peanut bar – which was sublime! We were both super impressed that the food was of such a high quality for such a low price – absolute value for money! Service was attentive but not intrusiveor rushed so overall we had a brilliant experience and have already recommended to family and friends. We will be back!

Ms/Mrs. Nat M

A-"MAZE"-ING
19 December 2013
I arranged a Christmas lunch for my firm at Maze and I literally could not recommend it more – from start to finish it was an amazing experience! We dined in the beautiful Somerton Room (one of their private dinning rooms) Correspondence from their Groups & Events Manager Matt Zinsner from my initial enquiry to the day before was a sheer joy – prompt and helpful replies, nothing was too much trouble. On the day itself we were looked after by the Assistant Manager Simon Smith – all of my staff have commented on Simon's fantastic attitude, very friendly with impeccable attention to detail – we had one lady with very specific dietary requirements which have caused problems at other venues but at Maze and with Simon running the show not only was she catered for but she also received star treatment! The food was simply beautiful (and as an added touch Simon and his team ran you through each course of what exactly you were eating). As pure works of art on the plate it was almost a shame to spoil them, but they were so incredibly yummy that I had to stop myself licking the plate. I won’t spoil the ‘wow effect’ for others – but let's just say lemons have never been so entertaining and Heston Shmeston you can eat your heart out as I'm a true Gordon Ramsay/Maze fan! It's a true joy to come into work and not hear one complaint and to just hear raving reviews and the phrase that I never thought I'd hear ‘can we please go back next year’. In short: superb food, amazing staff, great GREAT venue!

Ms/Mrs. Lizann D

Amazing combination of flavours!
07 October 2013
We had dinner at Maze on Friday 4 October and had an amazing time, we both tried 4 plates each off the A La Carte menu and was not disappointed! Great attentive service too! Highly recommended!

Ms/Mrs. Allison M

aMAZEing
22 August 2013
I took a client to this restaurant and ate from the set menu as this fitted within the company spending budget. I was pleasantly surprised how many choices we were given and how nice the food was. If you want to impress but are limited to spend then I would fully recommend it.

Ms/Mrs. Rhiannon S

A-maze-ing
02 July 2013
Really excellent. We had the four courses with the summer bellini for £25. A great mixture of dishes with interesting flavours. The cherry on the foie gras was a bit overpowering but apart from that it was all pretty impeccable.

Mr. Tim Z

26 January 2013
This used to be such a great restaurant. What a shame to have seen it declining into what is now just another decent (but no more special or outstanding) place. Bearing this in mind it however still keeps its price tag from better days (and when you would have tolerated it given the quality back then)

Mr. paul S

27 July 2012
went with a group for dinner on Thursday, compared to last year it was a massive dissapointment. I can understand the tasting concept, however when u have to wait 30-40 mins between each course, it takes the edge off!! we arrived 7.30 , we had 4 courses each nearly 3 hours, i complained a couple of times to waiting staff, asking the kitchen to speed up. we declined deserts, could not endure another 40 mins wait. The chefs and guys at the pass need to get there S**t together. Not good when its costing nearyly £100 a person. as for the food it was good, nothing special and most dishes were very underseasoned. I will not be going agagin. The dinning room has zero atmosphere, probably why i could get a table pretty easily.

Ms/Mrs. Helen L

13 June 2012
I was surprised when my beloved’s birthday destination of choice was Maze. I thought the Ramsay empire’s bubble had burst some time ago, but a glowing review from a foodie friend convinced him otherwise. We sailed up the grand stairway to the entrance, basking in Mayfair’s glory in the way that only wid-eyed out-of-towners can. The restaurant’s décor has suitably swanky leanings and it’s littered with objets d’art that verge on the flashy side, but the crowd (albeit unanimously loaded) isn’t exclusively beautiful. Lengthy introductions from not one, not two, but three waiters seemed to over-egg the service pudding somewhat, but each was well meaning and – oddly – the flurry imbued a sense of occasion. The over-zealous approach was certainly forgiven when my other half was presented with a birthday cake, complete with candle and flamboyantly iced greeting. (I’d craftily alluded to the occasion when booking in order to bag a decent table. It came as a surprise when the Maitre d’ very amiably clarified whose birthday it was upon our arrival, but it’s indicative of the attention to detail here). The foodie concept is simple – pick around four small plates including one sweet (if you like), remembering that noone will judge you if you opt for a shameless parade of puds. Two can eat for £50 if you plump for the set lunch but we strayed to the a la carte menu, therefore inviting the inevitable credit card assault. Ever the troublemaker, Gordon Ramsay shows no signs of shunning foie gras. It crops up all over the menu and – when incarnated as game terrine with hazelnuts and blood orange – I am reliably informed it’s a winner. My courgette flowers were next to arrive and looked punier than the wideloads served by Dehesa and the like, but it seems I was wrong to judge; crisp tempura batter was a tactile foil for silken Iberico ham, a keenly-seasoned quennel of ricotta and super-sweet petit pois. Presentation’s pretty, considered and precise too. Having been embroiled in a love affair with Bar Shu, I was in rapture having spotted sichuan peppercorn taking centre stage alongside pork belly and caramelised pear on the menu. So too was my other half, who ordered a salad of crab, mango and wasabi for his own hit of spice. While the pork was butter-soft and beautifully cooked (with the exception of tantalising shards of toffee-like crackling), I spotted a solitary sichuan peppercorn and experienced none of the tongue-numbing sensation that makes the curious little buds so addictive. The wasabi was also a no-show, which was disappointing. Next were lobster dumplings bobbing about in an aromatic broth laced with zingy kaffir lime, which offered a welcome break from the belt-loosening. Featherblade of beef was outrageously tender, although it takes cahunas to charge £12.50 for a forgotten cut that’s cheap as chips; at £12.50, it’s bang in the middle of the price range per dish at Maze. Suffice to say, you can hear the till positively singing as you dine. With such a muddle of flavours to contend with, wine could so easily be a puzzle. We were conscious that it’d be a bold move to plump for a single bottle that could jar with the succession of dishes, but equally that we’d be sozzled from matching each course glass for glass. We’d highly recommend ordering the flight containing the sommelier’s pick of three glasses; it’s an economical and tactical triumph. In our case, the trio included a plummy Medoc and a fragrant, floral white that were served on the elegant equivalent of a Lazy Susan. Having each glass on hand (bar the stickie, which arrived in a frosted glass along with our pud) meant we could dabble at will, which worked surprisingly well with such a rowdy mob of ingredients. And at £20 per head, it’s a rare chance to be frugal – or at least canny – with your ordering, and keep the damage in check. Ah yes, the bill. There’s no doubting it was huge, but I didn’t begrudge it. We’d had a special meal to celebrate an occasion, were stuffed to the point of contentment rather than nausea, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The service and surroundings are slick and stylish, each striving to deliver and dropping few bum notes. I see no reason to bash this branch of Ramsay Enterprises: it is what is, that being a destination restaurant for high flyers and those who gaze at the stars.

Other restaurants near Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay

You are requesting to book Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay for people on at .