SquareMeal is a young, dynamic, fast-growing company with market-leading products across a full range of platforms – from websites and exhibitions to guides and magazines. It has a reputation for accurate but entertaining restaurant commentary built over 28 years and its community of high-spend diners is unequalled in the UK, making approximately £150m of restaurant reservations online and by telephone annually. Its Venues + Events division has a market-leading position in print magazines and online, as well as an award-winning exhibition, Venues + Events Live, attracting over 7,000 event organisers and bookers each year.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, bright people who share our enthusiasm for excellence in this fun and lively industry, and want to work in a creative, go-getting, happy environment. You can meet the team here.
If you are interested in working (or writing) for SquareMeal please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for editorial positions, and email@example.com for media sales positions. Specific jobs we’re currently recruiting for are listed below.
Restaurant Account Manager
Hours: Full time
Start date: ASAP
We are looking for a Restaurant Account Manager to join our growing restaurant sales team to sell in the Restaurant Partnership package plus other marketing opportunities to restaurants in London and across the UK.
SquareMeal is the UK’s biggest online Restaurant + Bar guide, providing restaurants with bookings worth £150million annually.
The Restaurant Partnership package offers restaurants increased visibility, an enhanced listing online as well as many other marketing and promotional benefits in order to increase covers and offer brand exposure to our high spending food loving audience.
What the role entails:
• Sales: Selling the Restaurant Partnership Package to UK restaurants. This involves selling both over the telephone and via meetings, as well as pitching extra sales opportunities where relevant.
• Meeting and exceeding monthly and quarterly sales targets
• Account handling: Account handling and building excellent relationships with restaurant clients, ensuring you identify relevant marketing and sales opportunities throughout the year for your clients.
• Uploading digital content to client restaurant pages.
• Offering on-going support to restaurant clients where suitable, arranging catch up calls and meetings to go over stats, figures and renewals
• Sourcing offers and promotions from the restaurants when appropriate
• Offering support to the wider SquareMeal office, working at PA events, the SquareMeal Tasting and our Venues + Events show.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Minimum -2 years direct sales experience
• Good negotiation skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good organisational skills and time management
• Confidence to communicate and present at all levels
• Knowledge of selling to restaurants would be a bonus
• Ideally a knowledge and love of the London and UK restaurant scene
If you would like to apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why an internship at SquareMeal?
Our internship scheme offers an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to gain practical experience within a national restaurant, venues, drinks and media working environment, offering a valuable insight into our business culture and building the important skills required for your future career.
While you are with SquareMeal you will be guaranteed to be working alongside experienced professionals on various exciting projects. You will get an inside look at the people, methods and technologies at work and understand the value we place on quality and integrity.
Interns are typically exposed to the day-to-day operations of SquareMeal, with the opportunity to be guided by established industry professionals. Interns may also be involved in SquareMeal events, at various locations in and around London.
What we're looking for
We require our interns to have fundamental skills that include a high standard of written and spoken English, numeracy and computer-literacy. You will possess strong written and verbal communication skills, a flexible approach and a team player mentality.
A genuine passion and enthusiasm is essential for you to gain the most from your placement, along with a willingness to learn, and a high level of commitment.
If you are looking for an Internship within the UK you must have an EEA passport and/or UK work visa. If you do not have full working entitlement you will need to arrange the appropriate documentation to allow you to be employed in the UK. When you start the internship you will be asked to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
Things to Consider
• Our internships provide unpaid work experience.
• Every internship runs for a maximum of 2 months.
• There are no guarantees of permanent employment on completion of the internship period. However, interns are welcome to apply for any available vacancies during/ after their time with us.
• SquareMeal will be responsible for the daily travel expenses incurred while traveling to and from the SquareMeal offices (within a 25 mile radius of London) or SquareMeal related events.
If you are interested in applying for an internship with SquareMeal please send an email with a copy of your CV and a few lines on why you think you would be a good fit for SquareMeal.
Please email the relevant department from the list below.
Marketing + Events: email@example.com
Social Media/E-commerce/Online: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.