SquareMeal is a young, dynamic, fast-growing company with market-leading products across a full range of platforms – from websites and exhibitions to guides and magazines. It has a reputation for accurate but entertaining restaurant commentary built over 28 years and its community of high-spend diners is unequalled in the UK, making approximately £150m of restaurant reservations online and by telephone annually. Its Venues + Events division has a market-leading position in print magazines and online, as well as an award-winning exhibition, Venues + Events Live, attracting over 7,000 event organisers and bookers each year.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, bright people who share our enthusiasm for excellence in this fun and lively industry, and want to work in a creative, go-getting, happy environment.
If you are interested in working (or writing) for SquareMeal please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for editorial positions, and email@example.com for media sales positions. Specific jobs we’re currently recruiting for are listed below.
Social Media Executive / Social Media Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start date: Immediate
SquareMeal Publications, which includes squaremeal.co.uk, the SquareMeal restaurant & venue guides, magazines and Venues + Events Live exhibition, is on the lookout for a highly engaged and motivated Social Media Manager to join its marketing team. Read on if you think you’d be a great fit…
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing, managing and delivering an effective social media strategy across all of our social channels. This includes scheduling, creating, optimising and curating social content. All social activity should generate site traffic, brand interest, grow our community and encourage conversation and engagement in creative and captivating ways.
To develop the SquareMeal brands further, we need someone who can consistently create high-quality social content to be pushed out across our branded pages. Ideally, the content creator will have strong Photoshop and video editing skills.
• Managing and monitoring all social activity and brand pages to the highest level
• Develop strong campaigns and execute the social strategy in line with business objectives
• Creation, supervision and strategic development of all social media accounts
• Community management, analysis and reporting
• Intelligently use paid social to boost reach and engagement
• Monitor editorial social posting across the business
• Manage social media marketing budget
• Run a comprehensive link-building programme targeting key external stakeholders
• Coordinate projects with clients, brands, agencies and your colleagues – your content will be seen by over 100k followers
• Aid in creative strategy for growth of the brand and social channels
• Creating and editing videos and images for use on our channels
• Work closely with marketing, editorial and commercial teams to support key objectives
• Manage blogger and Influencer programmes
• Handle redemptions from SquareMeal’s loyalty programme
• Assist with events including social media coverage, managing RSVPs and on-site
• Experience managing social media and working in digital is desirable
• Familiar with social scheduling, monitoring and testing tools e.g. Hootsuite, Buffer, Schedugram is essential
• Clear understanding of how to use social media as a marketing tool
• Creative thinker with the ability to come up with new ideas to engage our audiences
• Commercially savvy – proficient at using social channels to support activations
• Knowledgeable and passionate about restaurants, bars, and venues
• Confident writer with the ability to ensure appropriate tone of voice is used across all channels
• Must be able to excite less tech savvy members of the team
• Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal
• Team player ready to muck in and help across all parts of the business
• The candidate must live and breathe social, both inside and outside work
• A working knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro or other video editing tools is desirable
If you’re interested in applying, please send an email with your CV and a few lines on why you think you’d be a good fit for SquareMeal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why an internship at Squaremeal?
Our Internship scheme offers an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to gain practical experience within a national restaurant, venues, drinks and media working environment, offering a valuable insight into our business culture and building the important skills required for your future career.
While you are with Squaremeal you will be guaranteed to be working alongside experienced professionals on various exciting projects. You will get an inside look at the people, methods and technologies at work and understand the value we place on quality and integrity.
Interns are typically exposed to the day-to-day operations of Squaremeal, with the opportunity to be guided by established industry professionals. Interns may also be involved in Squaremeal events, at various locations in and around London.
What We Look For
We require our Interns to have fundamental skills that include a high standard of written and spoken English, numeracy and computer-literacy. You will possess strong written and verbal communication skills, a flexible approach and a team player mentality.
A genuine passion and enthusiasm is essential for you to gain the most from your placement, along with a willingness to learn, and a high level of commitment.
If you are looking for an Internship within the UK you must have an EEA passport and/or UK work visa. If you do not have full working entitlement you will need to arrange the appropriate documentation to allow you to be employed in the UK. When you start the internship you will be asked to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
Things to Consider
• Our internships provide unpaid work experience.
• Every internship runs for a maximum of 2 months.
• There are no guarantees of permanent employment on completion of the internship period. However, interns are welcome to apply for any available vacancies during/ after their time with us.
• Squaremeal will be responsible for the daily travel expenses incurred while traveling to and from the Squaremeal offices (within a 25 mile radius of London) or Squaremeal related events.
If you are interested in applying for an internship with Squaremeal please send an email with a copy of your CV and a few lines on why you think you would be a good fit for Squaremeal.
Please email the relevant department from the list below.
Marketing and Events: email@example.com
Social Media / E-commerce / online: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.