SquareMeal is a young, dynamic, fast-growing company with market-leading products across a full range of platforms – from websites and exhibitions to guides and magazines. It has a reputation for accurate but entertaining restaurant commentary built over 28 years and its community of high-spend diners is unequalled in the UK, making approximately £150m of restaurant reservations online and by telephone annually. Its Venues + Events division has a market-leading position in print magazines and online, as well as an award-winning exhibition, Venues + Events Live, attracting over 7,000 event organisers and bookers each year.
We’re always on the lookout for talented, bright people who share our enthusiasm for excellence in this fun and lively industry, and want to work in a creative, go-getting, happy environment. You can meet the team here.
If you are interested in working (or writing) for SquareMeal please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for editorial positions, and email@example.com for media sales positions. Specific jobs we’re currently recruiting for are listed below.
Hours: Full time
Start date: ASAP
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our growing concierge team to coordinate the enquiry handling process for our busy concierge team. The SquareMeal concierge team handle enquiries from small private dining to large conferences and everything in between.
What the role entails:
• Venue sourcing – assisting the team in enquiry handling for private dining to away days, gala dinners and conferences; using the extensive database and contacts to source the most suitable venues for each enquiry.
• Proposal writing and client liaison – pulling together proposals with a curated list of venues or suppliers that suit the enquiry. Follow up and support to ensure maximum conversion.
• Follow up calls – vital for tracking our success and getting booker feedback, building rapport with clients on the phone to encourage further enquiries.
• Join the SquareMeal team in representing our brand at industry networking events as well as attending venue and restaurant familiarisation trips. The team regularly attend showcases and showrounds to build our profile amongst the industry and ensure the best product knowledge.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• An interest and passion for the hospitality, food and events industry
• Good time management, and excellent telephone manner
• Bubbly and outgoing personality
• Highly motivated – we love new ideas and drive for self development!
• Exceptional attention to detail, for proposal writing and correspondence.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SquareMeal are offering three and six month internships to work with the editorial team on a range of exciting projects.
We are looking for students and new graduates with an interest in online journalism, restaurants and food to work with the editorial team and join us for a three or six month full time paid internship. As part of your role you will be writing content for some of SquareMeal’s newest ventures and offer admin to support the editorial.
This is a great position for someone who is looking to enter the fast-paced world of online publishing and will offer valuable experience working with an established team.
About Square Meal
For almost 30 years, SquareMeal has been the market-leading independent restaurant commentator, with up-to-date reviews of 5,000 London and UK restaurants and bars, written by a team of independent critics with the aid of comments from thousands of restaurant customers. Squaremeal.co.uk is updated throughout the year and over 11,000 restaurant reservations across the UK are made through the website.
SquareMeal has print, mobile and online platforms, which means an active pre-registered member database of people who qualify to receive a printed annual guide and e-newsletters.