Missouri Angel

North American

Call Missouri Angel to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Missouri Angel

Grain-fed USDA Nebraska beef imported direct from the US takes centre stage at Missouri Angel – an unassuming but tidy little steakhouse done out in pale shades. Limber up with a classic Waldorf salad or the house ‘shrimp martini cocktail' before tackling a 10oz prime New York strip (aged for a minimum of 28 days) with French fries and béarnaise or perhaps the blackened rib-eye with Charlestown slaw. Salmon fishcakes with sorrel cream or breast of Devon Red chicken with braised baby gem and tomato salsa cater to less resolutely red-blooded appetites, but unless you graze tapas-style on starters or sides, meat-free pickings are thin on the ground. At off-peak times, service is limited to the informal downstairs cocktail bar/dining area, where the former pub's diminutive dimensions are more obvious.

Good to know about Missouri Angel

Reviews of Missouri Angel

Roger M

UNEXCITING
01 December 2016
It was a cold night and the restaurant was warm, but devoid of guests. We remained the only two restaurant guests for the entire evening (a Wednesday). There was an office Christmas party on the 2nd floor which did not impinge. Food was, in my opinion, very average. Nothing wrong with it, but relatively unexciting and overpriced. Service was good and staff were pleasant. however, they were hardly run off their feet! Perhaps, this restaurant should be considered as a lunch venue only - even so, not of very good value.

Ms/Mrs. Sophie E

Better late then never, Christmas Team lunch 2012 Excellence!!
21 June 2013
I arranged our team Christmas lunch at Missouri Angel in 2012 (I have only just got to use the square meal reviews) and it was absolutely fantastic! We were able to hire out the room downstairs and bring our own decorations to put up, free of charge (good size for a team of 20). The menu had a choice of 3 options for Starter, main and dessert, which we could pre order to save hassle and time on the day. I had a Poached egg on asparagus, with béarnaise sauce for starter and a butternut squash risotto for main (very festive I know! They did provide an option for christmas dinner ect), for dessert I rounded it all off with Christmas pudding and custard. All three courses were amazing! The asparagus was crisp and really balanced out well with the runny explosion of the egg. The risotto lost me for words, it was so rich and smooth, which a fresh mint yogurt in the centre providing a fresh feel to the already beautiful dish, and well the Christmas pudding was oozing of richness and goodness it was simply divine! Missouri Angel really accommodated our lunch/evening and made it easy for everyone to let their hair down. For our entertainment, we brought along our Wii & karaoke machine which plugged into the TV in the room, where we danced (just dance on Wii) and sang the night away! The staff at Missouri Angel was very helpful, giving me a hand to set up the room and were even more precise getting the food served to us. Once we had finished eating they cleared away the table and moved it to the front of the room to give us space, and then came down occasionally to make sure we had enough drinks. But really, they left us to enjoy our evening, which was great as we all could relax and enjoy ourselves. This was a great evening overall and look forward to returning this year. Only let down is – I personally could not afford to go there myself for a normal day to day lunch, but please don’t let this put you off. If I could go more often I would, as you really do get amazing food!

Mr. Ross H

28 August 2009
The best steak I have eaten in the City of London for many a year. Steak in the City always (to me) meant a trip to Bubba at the Arkansas Cafe and when he decided to close it was a sad day for meat lovers.It has taken me a while to find Missouri Angel but without doubt it was well worth the wait to find this restaurant. You get what you pay for in life and this was certainly a meal well worth the price.

Other restaurants near Missouri Angel

You are requesting to book Missouri Angel for people on at