If you had started to wonder when the next big cooking competition was going to hit our screens, then wonder no more. Celebrity MasterChef is back for its 16th series in 2021, so get ready to see some cooking calamities, stressed faces and maybe even the odd surprise from some household names. While it may be slightly lighter hearted than both regular MasterChef and MasterChef: The Professionals, the format of Celebrity MasterChef is largely similar and just as addictive. So in no time at all you’ll have your favourites who you’ll be cheering on from the sofa.
Spread over five weeks, the series will see 20 celebrity contestants take part in a variety of different challenges as they all vie for the prestigious Celebrity MasterChef crown. However, if past series of Celebrity MasterChef are anything to go by, there will be a mixture of different cooking abilities on show. This means that we can expect everything from the sublime to the ridiculous, particularly in the earlier stages of the series.
With past winners including Greg Rutherford, Kimberley Wyatt and Phil Vickery, this year’s celebrities will be desperate to add their own name to the list. Although you may think that the celebrities are just taking part for fun, Celebrity MasterChef has been the start of something bigger for a few past winners. Series five winner Lisa Faulkner has now written multiple cook books and has also gone on to host a variety of different cookery shows including one with her now-husband and MasterChef judge, John Torode. Now there’s a fairytale ending if ever we’ve heard one.
Below, we have rounded up all the information you need to know about Celebrity MasterChef 2021, including where and when you can watch it, who the contestants are, and what challenges they will be taking part in. We will be regularly updating this page so keep checking back for the latest information about the series.
When is Celebrity Masterchef 2021 on?
The official start date for Series 16 of Celebrity Masterchef 2021 is yet to be announced. Last year the show started on 1 July, but we suspect there have been some delays to filming this year's competition due to covid. It typically lasts around five weeks and kicks off in high-summer, so we're expecting a start date in the very near future. Usually the programme airs on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at either 8 or 9pm (it sometimes changes every week, just to keep us on our toes).
What Channel is Celebrity Masterchef on?
Celebrity Masterchef airs on BBC One and each episode is then usually available to stream on BBC iPlayer for 30 days afterwards.
Who are the 2021 Celebrity MasterChef contestants?
The line-up for the 2021 edition of Celebrity MasterChef has been unveiled. Celebrities taking part include a former Rod Stewart's wife, glamour model Katie Price and a few old favourites from Eastenders.
Check out all of the contestants that will be appearing on Celebrity MasterChef 2021 below:
- Melanie Sykes - Popular TV presenter and co-host of Today
- Duncan James - Former member of the boyband Blue
- Su Pollard - Quirky actress, singer and author, most famous for her role in BAFTA-winning sitcom Hi-de-Hi!
- Penny Lancaster - Model, TV personality, Loose Women panelist and none other than Rod Stewart's wife
- Patrick Grant - Scottish fashion designer who runs high-end tailors Norton & Sons of Savile Row
- Munya Chawawa - British-Zimbabwean comedian singer with pretty famous eyebrows
- Bez - Former dancer and percussionist for rock bands Happy Mondays and Black Grape, Bez is now famous for his role on Gogglebox
- Rita Simons - Singer, model and actress, you might recognise Rita as Roxy Mitchell from Eastenders
- Megan McKenna - Reality TV personality Megan shott o fame after stints on Ex on the Beach, Celebrity Big Brother and The Only Way is Essex
- Dion Dublin - Former professional footballer, Dion is now a presenter and football director
- Johannes Radebe - South African dancer and choreographer famous for being one of Strictly Come Dancing's professionals
- Nabil Abdulrashid - British comedian who at 25 became the youngest black comedian to have ever performed stand-up at the Hammersmith Apollo
- Will Kirk - If you're a fan of antique programmes, you might have seen Will on The Repair Shop a show where he restores antiques for people
- Katie Price - Glamour model, mum and businesswoman who probably needs no introduction
- Kem Cetinay - Love Island sweetheart Kem appeared on the show in 2017 when he won the series with Amber Davies
- Joe Swash - Another Eastenders star, Joe also does television presenting and won I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! in 2008. He's married to popstar Stacey Solomon
- Gavin Esler - Scottish journalist and former-presenter of Newsnight, Gavin is also the Chancellor of the University of Kent
- Kadeena Cox - Kadeena Cox, MBE is a parasport athlete who became the first British paralympian to win gold medals in multiple sports since 1984.
- Melissa Johns - Actress from Life and Imogen Pascoe and Coronation Street, Melissa is a disability activist passionate about better representation on the tellie on on stage
- Michelle Collins - Michelle played Cindy Beale in Eastenders for ten years, and also has had a role on Corrie
Who are the judges on Celebrity MasterChef 2021?
Presenters and judges John Torode and Gregg Wallace will return once again to dish out their critiques for Celebrity MasterChef 2021. The pair will also be joined ocassionally by guest judges, the names of whom will be revealed as the programme airs.
What are the Celebrity MasterChef 2021 challenges?
While the challenges change a bit every series of Celebrity MasterChef, you can expect favourites such as the MasterChef Market Challenge where contestants have to devise a dish on the spot using only the provided produce, as well as the Pairs Challenge where contestants attempt to cook identical dishes with a wall in between them. As well as these, there will be mass-catering tasks, challenges involving cooking for fomer Celebrity MasterChef winners, and the celebrities will even have to try their hand at cooking in a professional kitchen.
Which restaurants are featured on Celebrity MasterChef 2021?
Every year the contestants have the opportunity to cook in a variety of professional kitchens in London and sometimes further afield. Last year these included Allegra in Stratford, Yeni in Soho, Cinnamon Kitchen in Battersea, Copper & Ink in Blackheath Village, Pomona's and Mortimer House Kitchen. Once we know which restaurants the 2021 celebrities are heading to we'll update you here.
Who won the last series of Celebrity MasterChef?
After five weeks of challenges, Iraqi-Irish activist, author and bradcaster Riyadh Khalaf took the title for Celebrity MasterChef winner 2020.
In 2019 Olympic gold medal-winning long jumper Greg Rutherford was declared the winner of Celebrity MasterChef, beating Neil Ruddock and Vicky Pattinson in the final. His winning menu in the final consisted of a scotch egg on a rosti nest, followed by crusted lamb cutlets with hassleback potatoes, and shortcrust biscuit topped with a dark chocolate cremeux for dessert.
Where is Celebrity MasterChef filmed?
Celebrity MasterChef has been filmed at 3 Mills Studios in East London since 2014. The film and television studio has also been used as a recording space for several other popular television programmes, such as Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live, Million Pound Drop Live and Stand Up To Cancer.
Is watching all this cooking making you want to eat out? Check out London's best restaurants