British

SquareMeal Review of Corrigan's Mayfair

It’s hard to imagine Richard Corrigan seated in the restaurant that bears his name – at first glance, the blue-toned dining room and polished expanses seem too elegant to contain him. But there’s something of the chef’s robustness in a heartily seasonal menu, the odd visual pun and a chef’s trolley which might proffer shoulder of suckling pig or Dover sole meunière. Corrigan’s puts nature’s larder on the table in a way that suits “occasions when you want to be spoilt”. Influences are wide-ranging, so you might find chicken congee with scallop or roasted boneless quail with red curry and prawn toast ahead of perfectly timed Cornish cod with stuffed baby squid or one of the justly renowned game specialities: if you’re going to have hare in Mayfair, have it here, or try roast wild duck with pumpkin, celery and walnut. Presentation is appealing, but a fair distance from fussy – and the same can be said of a wine list grouped loosely by style.

Good to know about Corrigan's Mayfair

Event Party Venue

Location for Corrigan's Mayfair

28 Upper Grosvenor Street, London, W1K 7EH

Opening Times of Corrigan's Mayfair

Mon-Fri, Sun 12N-2.45pm (Sun -3.45pm) Mon-Sun 6-10.30pm (Sun -9.15pm)

Reviews of Corrigan's Mayfair

Christopher J

Great Food....so..so service
23 May 2016
Lovely food ! Pity about the service ! Watch the cocktail prices......£21+ for ONE glass of champagne !!!

Ms/Mrs. Anne G

St Patrick's Day Celebration
22 March 2016
We visited on 17th March and have a really lovely 'set' lunch. The atmosphere was really nice and the music was an added bonus. Richard and staff had made a really effort with shamrock everywhere and were serving 'black velvet' drinks. The staff were attentive and friendly. Everyone seemed to be having a jolly time and loving the quality of the food. In my view it is the only place to visit on St Patrick's Day but it should also be a regular place to dine with food this good.

Mr. Patrick B

What is covered?
28 September 2015
What to say about Corrigan's? An elegant restaurant with excellent staff, both efficient and courteous at the same time, perfectly poised to assist or serve. However, I wouldn't expect to be gouged for a "cover" charge in such a restaurant. Is £2 a head necessary for an establishment that charges £10 for a gin? To resort to such tactics took the shine from a reasonably good, but not spectacular, meal. The drinks were seriously overpriced and add to the £2 charge felt a little like having one's pocket picked while standing helplessly watching. To the food; starters of smoked salmon and smoked eel were reasonable. The salmon was very salty and was not full of flavour. On main courses, my wife had the red mullet which she praised to the heavens. I had saddle of rabbit which was good, but again not exactly packed with flavour. Desserts were not attractive to us, nor was the cheese plate at £20. Water was almost £5 a bottle. Normally, I am not overly concerned about price - I am there to enjoy. But given the unfavourable balance of the price/flavour equation with the food, the high prices charged for drinks and the add-ons removed a great deal of the pleasure from our night out. A restaurant of this elegance and reputation surely should provide a better all-round experience.

John C

Christmas Treat
17 December 2014
Corrigans does exactly what it says on the Tin. An outstanding Michelin starred, British fared restaurant. Serving superb quality food and drink, by a thoroughly courteous professional team, in a cosy intimate atmosphere.

Mr. Stuart C

21 April 2014
The first time I went to Corrigan's Mayfair, it was in a private room for a corporate do and we were not disappointed. The food was a set menu and I enjoyed every course whilst the service was efficient yet discreet and they even allowed us to play our ipod in there. As a result of that pleasant experience, I have returned a couple of times to the main restaurant and not been disappointed. The service remained friendly yet unobtrusive and the food, much of it offering familiar or staple options (e.g. dover sole) was of a high quality. Although quite quiet, assuming we aren't in the private room, the understated atmosphere works. Not sure why, it just does.

Mr. Maurice L

16 April 2014
My wife and I spent an excellent evening here on my birthday The service and food were excellent from start to finish. Although the fact that it was my birthday did not come out until the cheese course, a birthday cake and free drink arrived almost straightaway. Not inexpensive but ideal for a special occasion.

Mr. Nigel W

07 April 2014
It was my partners birthday and I decided to give Corrigan's a whirl on a friend's recommendation. We received a very warm welcome and initial impressions were that this was a cool, elegant restaurant without it feeling stuffy. We were instantly relaxed by the great atmosphere, helped somewhat by the excellent champagne cocktails. My partner has very “specific” tastes and noticed a neighbouring table had a scallop dish which wasn't on the starter menu but our waiter was more than happy to serve this dish, even though it was from the tasting menu. She also didn't like the black pudding it was served with, so the chef devised a whole new dish of scallop with pork belly which my partner described as “stunning!” They could not have been more accommodating. For main course we shared the “special” of rib of beef, which was cooked to perfection and comes with the theatre of being carved at the table. If you choose this option, go for a vegetable side but avoid potatoes as you get a kilogram of the finest meat!! We chose a Summerhouse Pinot Noir from New Zealand to go with the beef, which at £70 is not the cheapest on the list but worth every penny to accompany this amazing dish. For me the star of the show was dessert. I went for the Sicilian lemon meringue with basil sorbet,which was simple, light and refreshing and a great way to finish after the mountain of meat. Simply one of the best desserts I have ever had! Having whispered to the waiter that it was my partners birthday on arrival, I left it to the restaurant to come up with a suitable way to celebrate the occasion and I wasn't disappointed! A beautiful chocolate ganache cake duly arrived with a single candle and “Happy Birthday” deftly piped in chocolate on the plate. No fuss, no singing, just class, elegance and a very happy lady! Relaxed, cool, elegant, great menu, fantastic people giving fantastic service!

John C

Best of British
21 December 2013
We have eaten at this restaurant on several occasions over the years, and once again Corrigans Mayfair delivered everything that you would expect from a Michelin starred restaurant. From the moment we arrived for pre dinner cocktails, throughout the meal, and after dinner drinks, the service and attention to detail was superb. The staff are always very professional and nothing is too much trouble. What makes Corrigans stand out from the pack, apart from the high quality British fare, is the consistency.

Mr. paolo S

A bit disappointing
23 October 2013
Overall it seems rather overrated. The atmosphere is elegant and welcoming. The staff are attentive and professional, especially the Canadian waitress (sommelier?), who very kindly offered me a glass of another wine with the starter until mine cooled. The food, however, was below expectations, especially the oysters with the Vietnamese dressing and the shellfish cocktail. The prices of the courses would not be exorbitant, unlike the wine list, but what annoys, in addition to the hateful 12.5% service charge, which is hypocritically called discretionary when they add it automatically to the billl without asking first, is the £2 cover charge, for an amount of £20.56 extra that you find only in London and nowhere else in Europe.

Mr. Kenichi I

One of the best British Character Restaurants
09 September 2013
First things first: food, drink, service and price are all excellent and highly competitive. What is unique on top of being great is that this establishment is a character – the atmosphere of celebrating games, jazz and yet clubby setting is indeed unique and makes your time memorable and unforgettable, just like the gentleman you came across long ago and cannot forget the face and his features, or like a scene of a movie which you cannot get away from your memory. Execution of dishes are sharp and professional, in its honest and sincere Irish style, and service is warm but not too casual or friendly; strict yet close. Given its pack of all above, the experience is all worth it's price, which beckons us back again, and again… Well done. Oh, haven't I told you about the Kitchen Library? That's because I shouldn't spoil the surprise and excitement – enjoy it!

Other restaurants near Corrigan's Mayfair

You are requesting to book Corrigan's Mayfair for people on at .