Wright Brothers Spitalfields

Fish

About Wright Brothers Spitalfields

With a striking marble oyster bar as its centrepiece, this branch of Wright Brothers sets expectations swimmingly high from the start. Readers praise the “ideal” location amid vivacious Spitalfields market – best experienced from the sizeable Market Terrace. Otherwise, pull up a pew at the bar and watch as experts shuck oysters or load up mammoth seafood platters: often containing delicacies from WB’s wholesalers in Borough. The “tasty oysters and scallops” are singled out for special attention, but larger plates such as cod with salsify, celeriac and carpet-shell clams shouldn’t be ignored. If you’ve got the bucks, order lobster (they’re huge and served with due pomp); if you haven’t, the set lunch menu featuring sea bass fillet followed by lemon curd cheesecake is a welcome alternative. A diverse cocktail list and a happy-hour offer of £1 oysters (12N-6pm) also make this a sought-after pearl among the City’s seafood eateries.

Good to know about Wright Brothers Spitalfields

Opening Times of Wright Brothers Spitalfields

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm (Sun -9pm) Sat-Sun 12N-3pm

Reviews of Wright Brothers Spitalfields

17 March 2017

We went exclusively to indulge ourselves in a fruits de mer. It was very fresh (as you would hope) and truly delicious but I felt that the platter was a little small, considering we ordered the grand for £65. Each element is in a little glass bowl set on ice and so the quantities are very controlled. When I compare it to Scotts/ Sheekeys/ Randall and Aubin (all admittedly marginally more expensive) there is definitely less crustacea on the platter. Also, the clams were warm, which we both found weird. The wine list has a great selection under £50, but I will probably head back to Scotts, pay the extra £11 and really go for it.

28 November 2016

Thank Wright Brothers for their Oyster Happy Hour. It was all that I expected. A dozen oysters. Delicious. I'll do it again. No need to say more.

03 September 2016

A really warm welcome when we arrived. We sat at the bar and had a great view of the chef's preparing each individual order. Fantastic service from our waiter who ensured our needs where met in every way. Good advice on the menu, especially on the oysters. Would highly recommend for seafood fans or anyone wanting a nice bar to drink in.

14 December 2015

I have been to Wright Brothers on few occasions for drinks and canapes but not as a sit down meal. the nibbles were excellent then and it had prepared me for things to come for the proper dinning experience. I was not disappointed. Fantastic service and superb food. My friend and I had a really good experience last Friday. Brilliant experience. I'll go there again for the tasty oysters and scallop. Yum, Yum, Yummy!!!! Thank you for a very enjoyable meal.

15 October 2015

It was my first time at the restaurant and I like the selection. Ideal location near the office for a business lunch. Thank you.

Other restaurants near Wright Brothers Spitalfields