Fish

SquareMeal Review of Wright Brothers Spitalfields

With a striking marble oyster bar as its centrepiece, this branch of Wright Brothers sets expectations swimmingly high from the start. Readers praise the “ideal” location amid vivacious Spitalfields market – best experienced from the sizeable Market Terrace. Otherwise, pull up a pew at the bar and watch as experts shuck oysters or load up mammoth seafood platters: often containing delicacies from WB’s wholesalers in Borough. The “tasty oysters and scallops” are singled out for special attention, but larger plates such as cod with salsify, celeriac and carpet-shell clams shouldn’t be ignored. If you’ve got the bucks, order lobster (they’re huge and served with due pomp); if you haven’t, the set lunch menu featuring sea bass fillet followed by lemon curd cheesecake is a welcome alternative. A diverse cocktail list and a happy-hour offer of £1 oysters (12N-6pm) also make this a sought-after pearl among the City’s seafood eateries.

Fish

Reviews of Wright Brothers Spitalfields

Stacey

Wright Bro
10 June 2019   - Verified Diner

Was very impressed with the service and food.

Stacey

Wright Bro
10 June 2019   - Verified Diner

Was very impressed with the service and food.

AmyM

There is more bang for your buck elsewhere
17 March 2017
We went exclusively to indulge ourselves in a fruits de mer. It was very fresh (as you would hope) and truly delicious but I felt that the platter was a little small, considering we ordered the grand for £65. Each element is in a little glass bowl set on ice and so the quantities are very controlled. When I compare it to Scotts/ Sheekeys/ Randall and Aubin (all admittedly marginally more expensive) there is definitely less crustacea on the platter. Also, the clams were warm, which we both found weird. The wine list has a great selection under £50, but I will probably head back to Scotts, pay the extra £11 and really go for it.

Oysters, Oysters oh so delicious oysters
28 November 2016
Thank Wright Brothers for their Oyster Happy Hour. It was all that I expected. A dozen oysters. Delicious. I'll do it again. No need to say more.

Claire S

Fantastic service and brilliant food.
03 September 2016
A really warm welcome when we arrived. We sat at the bar and had a great view of the chef's preparing each individual order. Fantastic service from our waiter who ensured our needs where met in every way. Good advice on the menu, especially on the oysters. Would highly recommend for seafood fans or anyone wanting a nice bar to drink in.

Superb Seafood!!!
14 December 2015
I have been to Wright Brothers on few occasions for drinks and canapes but not as a sit down meal. the nibbles were excellent then and it had prepared me for things to come for the proper dinning experience. I was not disappointed. Fantastic service and superb food. My friend and I had a really good experience last Friday. Brilliant experience. I'll go there again for the tasty oysters and scallop. Yum, Yum, Yummy!!!! Thank you for a very enjoyable meal.

Superbe
15 October 2015
It was my first time at the restaurant and I like the selection. Ideal location near the office for a business lunch. Thank you.

Mr. andrew J

From the sea
30 September 2015
We were saying farewell to a colleague Jin who likes the sea and all it contains. We have used Borough Market before but the reviews said Spitalfields was the place - and certainly for a group to sit together in peace. Sindy the waitress was attentive and informative. We never went long with an empty glass or bottle. Her colleagues were too helpful - bringing starters before oysters were finished (not what we asked for). We had Oysters to start (6 each) and enjoyed the selection, with Jersey Royals probably the favourite. We then shared 5 starters all of which were excellent and difficult to rank. Sea bass, octopus, crab, sea trout, cuttlefish, each tasty in its own way. For mains we had the Special - Hake as recommended. Some chips & broccoli helped. The tomato dish less so. Some cheese (but not as described cheddar yes & Lancashire I don't think so) with Pedro Jiminez to sticky away. Our farewell gift to our colleague was a green cocktail special a Gin for Jin, which hot the spot. More formal than Borough and with more table space. Both are now on our lunch list.

Christine M

Great place
10 August 2015
I went for the first time to Wright Brothers as part of a evening event and was very impressed how good the canapes were so I decided to take my boss there to celebrate his birthday as I know he is an oyster fanatic. It was not a disapointment at all. Everything was perfect! As an apetiser we choose the hot smoked oyster with horseradish cream and that was yummy!, we then choose a selection of 6 oysters each and as main course my manager choose the sea trout (fish of the day) and I went for Salt-baked sea bream. I would say that the final bill was quiet high for 2 people but it was worth it. My manager is now thinking of organising some team dinner at Wright Brothers

Alex P

Brilliant from the moment we walked in the door
24 March 2015
Fantastic staff reception, real rapport and interest in maximising our dining experience. great cocktails great oyster stouts AMAZING seafood platter - and advice on which condiments went best with everything. Just perfect all round.

Other restaurants near Wright Brothers Spitalfields

You are requesting to book Wright Brothers Spitalfields for people on at .