City Social

Modern European

About City Social

It may share the signature low-key glamour of Jason Atherton’s other Social restaurants, but the “most incredible views” from Tower 42 elevate City Social to statement status. With the fitting air of a 1920s boardroom, this dining room is custom-built for “business entertaining” – although it has a surprising intimacy given the scale of the setting. Minor grumbles, including music that’s “too loud” in the bar, are dwarfed by readers’ enthusiasm for executive chef Paul Walsh’s oh-so-pretty plates of Michelin-starred food – from cured Scottish salmon with watermelon, saké, cucumber carpaccio, soy and wasabi to tarte Tatin with caramel sauce for sharing. In between, he brings considerable experience to bear on interest-piquing main courses such as saddle of Lincolnshire rabbit with Parma ham, trompette mushrooms, spelt, lovage emulsion and black garlic, line-caught halibut with fondant potato, turnips, crispy prawns and tenderstem broccoli or heritage potato and caramelised onion terrine with Jerusalem artichoke and walnuts. Cocktails are classy, and the wine list is designed to accommodate high rollers – without putting everybody else off.

Good to know about City Social

Modern European
Big and bold, Buzzy, Cool, Fun, Glamorous, Quiet conversation, Widely spaced tables
Other Awards
Chef’s table

Location for City Social

24th Floor, Tower 42, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HQ

Opening Times of City Social

Mon-Sat 12N-12M (Sat 4pm- )

Reviews of City Social

26 October 2017

A 360 restaurant with excellent views of London. Outstanding food although maybe a little bit pricey, so good for a special occasion but not a quick meet up for lunch, unless the company/client is paying :-) I had the Chicken dish which was one of the best I have had. The only thing that could improve is the lighting as it could be a bit brighter but then again it sets the ambiance of the restaurant

31 January 2017

For a lunch venue the service was very slow. They took 20 minutes after requesting the bill to bring it, as well as taking a longer than usual time to take our order and bring the food.

04 September 2016

I love this bar and restaurant. The views are fabulous, the atmosphere is relaxed despite being a formal restaurant. The staff are welcoming and friendly and the food is superb. No complaints and definitely will return

24 November 2015

I’ve wanted to try City Social some time now and wasn’t let down. The food was about the best I’ve had all year and service spot on, there were eight of us and they all agreed. I’ve been to all of the other ‘high rise’ restaurants and expected not to be impressed with the view, but nestled in-between all the other city skyscrapers, there is an intimate feel. When I try a restaurant for the first time, the acid test t always has to be ‘do I want to go back?’, and in the case of City Social, I can’t wait!

14 November 2015

I love the buzz, the views, service, design and that we didn't get turfed off our table after 2 hours but that's where my love ends. For starters, the drinks, hmmmm, not that great...they tasted like those Refresher sweets. I like a nice long elegant cocktail, not a gimmicky, neon blue concoction. Starter of quail and popped rice was ok, not the best quail dish I have ever had, in fact, probably the worst but inoffensive I suppose. No-one raved about their starters. The waiter had been waxing lyrical about how good the sea bass was, best dish on the menu he said, so two of us ordered it...It was monochrome in appearance and monochrome in taste. The desserts again, were just ok. Sound great on the menu but in the real taste versus imagined taste contest, the imagined version won. I make pears poached in red wine a lot and even I do it better. There was one very odd tasting ingredient, the red wine syrup was watery and really, it just felt like I was eating a cooked pear. The key thing that really ruined the night though was how loud the music was. It wasn't soft gentle background music but poppy dance music and we were left having to shout at each other and constantly having to repeat ourselves because half the table could not hear what the other half were saying. Its exhausting when you are trying to have a fun conversation and you land up competing with the music. We could not hear what the waiters were saying half the time so just smiled and nodded politely. I maintain that Mr Atherton is highly overrated having visited 2 of his other restaurants; its style over substance.

Other restaurants near City Social

You are requesting to book City Social for people on at