Celebrate the rich culinary heritage of Hong Kong with an exclusive Square Meal reader dinner at newly opened Bo London, in association with
the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Hong Kong is famous for its distinctive Blade Runner-esque skyline but did you know that hidden amongst those amazing skyscrapers there are over 11,000 restaurants? Or that Hong Kong has
wineries and is now the largest hub for distribution of fine wines? It’s little wonder that the territory is a gourmet’s paradise and has become known as the ‘Culinary Capital of Asia’.
With so many restaurants you could eat out three times a day for 10 years and never eat at the same place twice. Around the clock, visitors can enjoy the daily pleasure of dining with friends at
one of the city’s innumerable eateries; whether that’s an exclusive lunch at a private dining restaurant or a simple snack at a street-side stall. Wherever you turn in this fascinating city, you
can enjoy a gastronomic feast for the senses, as radiant colours, a cacophony of noise and exotic aromas burst from every shop and restaurant.
As the ‘Culinary Capital of Asia’, Hong Kong has brought together a rich combination of the finest ingredients, superb Michelin-starred restaurants and a dazzling range of international cuisines.
Of course, the best way to complement great food is with an equally great glass of wine and with the Government now waiving the duty on wine, oenophiles can now enjoy better value bottles as well
as a wider selection of wines to complement every dining experience.
A taste of Hong Kong
To celebrate this rich gastronomic heritage the Hong Kong Tourism Board is teaming up with newly opened Bo London in Mayfair, sister
restaurant to two Michelin-starred Bo Innovation in Hong Kong.
Bo Innovation is owned by chef Alvin Leung, who is known throughout Asia for his own unique brand 'X-treme' Chinese cuisine. Now Square Meal readers will have a chance to experience Leung’s
innovative dishes at an exclusive event and meet the man himself. It’s a taste of Hong Kong that you won’t want to miss…
Dine at Bo London
Square Meal readers are invited to a very special event at Bo London on Tuesday 5 February, courtesy of the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
The evening will kick off with a Champagne reception and cookery demonstration from multi-award-winning chef Alvin Leung, followed by an eight-course menu paired with matching wines. Tickets to
this exclusive event cost £100 per person, including wine.
The menu for the event is as follows:
morel, caterpillar fungus, green onion, lime
black sesame ponzu, mackerel, ginger, rose
Steak and kidney
xlao long boa, avruga
langoustine, preserved duck egg, red cabbage cauliflower, black truffles, duck sauce
Toad in the hole
frog leg, bone marrow, Chinese yorkel, lotus leaf, lotus seed, golden pin
aromatic bouillon, potato and chive jlaozi
Beans on toast
red bean, butter, toast, ice cream
Strawberry, cream and chips
three quintessentially British ingredients rolled into one signature dish
When: 6.30pm, Tuesday 5 February 2013
Where: Bo London
For further information and to purchase tickets, please email: email@example.com
Terms and conditions
- The competition opens on Thursday 10 January and closes on Friday 25 January 2013.
- The prize includes two £100 tickets for the Square Meal readers' event at Bo London. It excludes travel, accommodation and additional expenses incurred above and beyond the tasting menu with
- The prize is redeemable only for the Square Meal readers' event on Tuesday 5 February 2013.
- Competition entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- The competition is only open to those residing in Great Britain.
- Correct entries will be entered into a draw and the winner will be selected at random.
- The winner will be notified on Monday 28 January 2013.
- There is no cash alternative to the above prize.
- Employees, agents of HKTB and their immediate families, and any other party professionally associated with the competition are excluded from entering the competition.