Ribon

Japanese, Sushi

Call Ribon to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Ribon

The waitresses are dressed in traditional garb, there’s Tokyo ‘J-Pop’ on the stereo, and handwritten specials such as grilled ox tongue supplement the menu – so you know that Ribon is the real oriental deal. ‘Big Ben’ bento boxes are tailored to the lunchtime crowd, while legions of Japanese businessmen are often ensconced here late into the evening, eating sushi and sashimi, knocking back shots of booze or diligently working their way through the phone book-sized selection of karaoke classics in the private rooms downstairs. The decor might be shabby, but you come here for the food, including grilled salted salmon belly, light-as-a-feather prawn tempura, sukiyaki prepared tableside or hotpots packed with wafer-thin pork leg in a fiery broth. Depending on the weather, round off with a shot of hot, cold or frozen saké.

Good to know about Ribon

Mon-Fri 12N-2.30pm, 6pm-10.30pm, Sat 6pm-12M

Reviews of Ribon

Mr. Chris B

01 May 2014
I've had many Japanese meals in London, but I've never felt compelled to write a review, but the staff were so lovely I promised I would and I'm a man of my word. This place is lovely, and compared to the other Japanese restaurants I usually frequent, a lot cheaper, but the quality of the food is still excellent. The staff are really welcoming and the atmosphere warm and genuine. So if you are looking for Mayfair quality food but not at Mayfair prices, this is a real good find. The sushi was exquisite, as good as any classy restaurant. I also had some teriyaki beef which was really tasty and properly cooked, ok perhaps not as fine as the steak from Rokka, but at £13.99 you cannot complain – last time I went to Rokka a steak was around £70. Big thumbs up to this restaurant for people who want quality food but at the same time do not want to pay through the nose. I can afford the fancy ones, but it's still nice to find really good genuine Japanese food in the heart of London at such a good price.

Mr. Rhonda L

08 May 2009
I've been a regular customer at ribon for just under a year now, I must say that the food and staff are lovely. I've had a party with my colleagues a few times, karaoke and lots of drinks. It's a very hospitable environment. As they just started a delivery service I am now able to collect food from my company house (Sumitomo BC), the service was surprisingly fast considering the distance between the restaurant and I. I recommend ribon to anybody who want to enjoy Japanese cuisine.

Other restaurants near Ribon

You are requesting to book Ribon for people on at .