Mildreds

Vegetarian, Vegan

Call Mildreds to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Mildreds

A trusted friend to discerning vegetarians who demand more than a token nut roast, Mildred’s has been a Soho fixture for nearly three decades, its inventive, globetrotting menu finding success even with omnivores brought along for the ride. Creative starters could include mango, brie and jalapeño quesadilla with sour cream, avocado and sweetcorn salsa or gyoza dumplings with mirin and soy dipping sauce; to follow, the ‘deliciously rich’ mushroom and ale pie topped with crisp pastry is never off the menu, while the apple and fennel burger is another flavoursome treat. Mildreds also caters to wheat-free, gluten-free and vegan diets, with most of the organic wines on the ‘short but sweet’ list also suitable for vegans (try the Argentinian Mendoza or the Pinot Bianco from Veneto). ‘Super-friendly staff’ and an intimate vibe ensure the restaurant is ‘always packed’.

Good to know about Mildreds

Vegetarian, Vegan

Location for Mildreds

45 Lexington Street, London, W1F 9AN

Opening Times of Mildreds

Mon-Sat 12N-11pm

Reviews of Mildreds

12 November 2012
Things I hate – any venue which considers wild mushroom risotto or goat's cheese & red onion tart adequate fare for a vegetarian. I can count on the fingers of one foot the number of times I have been whelmed by either of these offerings outside my own kitchen ('er indoors makes a damn fine risotto). Things I love – burgers, choice, flavour, generous portions, choice again, and happy staff. At Mildreds, all of this is available in abundance, and I'm fast becoming a regular. I have a weakness for burgers, but I made sure that visit #1 avoided Mildreds burger of the day (although m'learned colleague did indulge). After a lot of dithering (choice, you see) I went with (a) a glass of Tempranillo and (b) a deliciously crispy, richy mushroom & ale pie. Impressions: really good portions (I'm glad I didn't have a starter, or the afternoon would have been unproductive), and really great food – it's wonderful to have a plate in front of you which was so… welcoming. Yes, folks, the food beckoned. Visit #2 was 2 of your earth weeks later, and I gave in to my inner burger lover who also ordered a glass of Tempranillo (again). Should mention that the wine list is short but sweet, with nice choices including organic wines. Burger of the day was apple & fennel and awesome. Filling, in a perfect bun, with a huuuge slab of beef tomato, a few rings of red onion and a great stack of chips. Service is good – plenty of staff are around, so it's easy to catch an eye and get served and pay quickly. Bill was about £15 a head each time, and I left sated, happy and recommending Mildreds to veggies and carnivores alike. Go!

Ms/Mrs. anne W

15 August 2012
I love Mildreds, fantastic little place. Am not a veggie but their food more than makes up for no meat. The starters are great, the burritos are fab and the deserts are amazing. I have taken veggie friends and they are just as impressed. The food is more than ample and will fill you up. Service is fast, furious and friendly but they're happy to leave you to gas all night. Great place.

Mr. Eatreview Blog E

22 January 2011
On Thursday I took a colleague for lunch at Mildreds on Lexington Street. Mildreds is a vegetarian restaurant in the heart of Soho that has been running for years. I've always liked Mildreds. I'm not a vegetarian but it has the most exciting vegetarian menu around. Plus it caters for people who are gluten and diary intolerant which is just brilliant. My parents are both coeliacs so I know how hard it is to find menus that work. We hadn't booked a table, in fact I'm not sure you can book a table, so strolled in at just before 1pm. It's always busy and packed to the rafters. It's a quirky place. I guess you'd call it shabby chic. Luckily there were a few tables spare so we went through to the back dining room. There are a few high tables and stools at the front of the restaurant but really all the action takes place towards the back. As well as the substantial menu there is a specials board which changes daily. The menu is solid and strong with lots of great dishes that sound amazing. To whet your appetite, here are some of the highlights: Tomato, aubergine, chickpea and green olive tagine served with flaked almond cous cous, flat bread and harissa. Sundried tomato and buffalo mozzarella risotto cake served with wilted spinach, green beans and grape mustard cream sauce. Linguini with courgette and pistachio pesto, served with cherry tomatoes and rocket. Borlotti bean and sunblushed tomato sausages served with pumpkin and sweet potato mash, broccoli and apple cider jus. Mixed mushroom, porcini and ale pie served with fries and mushy peas. As you can see, inventive and delicious even for a meat eater! There is a special burger of the day. On Thursday is was courgette and sweet red pepper. We ordered two burgers with cheese and sweet potato fries and settled in. The food arrived in good time and looked amazing. Two delicious burgers that looked as good as they tasted. Rich and meaty (even though they were meat free) they oozed taste and texture. The cheese complimented the burger well. The bread was perhaps a little lacking. The sweet potato fries OK. Two burgers and two soft drinks came to £34 including service. Service can be a little hit and miss. It's good but the staff can be down right rude at times. Attitude rules supreme. However if you can get past this then it's worth a visit. For more reviews search Eatreview Blog.

Mr. Daniel O

27 October 2010
I had several friends recommend this restaurant and had always wanted to go. The restaurant, as said, above doesn't take bookings so expecting to have to wait we arrived at half past seven. The decor is minimalist and modern, with interesting plates adorning the walls. It was rammed, and being one of those long narrow soho rooms, space was at a premium. No matter. My friend and I had a beer at the bar. We were asked if we minded sharing a table, for us that wasn't a problem, apart from when I dropped my napkin. The stranger dining next to me and I both went to reach it at the same time and clunked heads! We all had a giggle. Thought had gone in to the presentation on both courses, which is always good, because I'm on who believes you eat with the eyes first! To begin I had the butternut squash, chilli feta and red pepper pie with green beans. It was lovely, the chilli contrasting nicely with the sweetness of the squash. For my main I chose the Sri Lankan curry which was smooth and delicate. Being a chilli fiend, I LOVED the heat provided by the little ramekin of tomato sambal, and could have happily smothered it all over! Service was smiley, and prompt, on leaving the waitress suggested we return for lunch one time. If I did, one of the starters would serve the purpose because as perfect sized portions. The atmosphere was fun and vibrant, although, a minus for me was the up tempo pop music. Nevertheless, definitely worth a visit!

Other restaurants near Mildreds

You are requesting to book Mildreds for people on at .