Benugo Bar & Kitchen at BFI Southbank

British

Call Benugo Bar & Kitchen at BFI Southbank to make a booking on:

About Benugo Bar & Kitchen at BFI Southbank

The distinctive Benugo look comes into its own at this flagship venue housed within the British Film Institute (BFI), a funky space of sharp design & vibrant colour. The chilled-out lounge/restaurant near the entrance offers low-slung couches & cushions of carefully mismatched fabrics (a great perch during the day), while the kitchen deals in good-value set lunches as well as an extensive carte, both tooting the modern British horn: expect the likes of fresh pea & Cashel Blue risotto, smoked haddock with colcannon & poached egg, or rump of lamb with grilled leek & caper sauce, followed by gooseberry fool or lemon meringue pie. Elsewhere, there are steak sandwiches & ‘pints’ of mini sausage rolls for idle nibbling. A bopping venue for cinephiles & South Bank trendies alike.

Good to know about Benugo Bar & Kitchen at BFI Southbank

British

Location for Benugo Bar & Kitchen at BFI Southbank

BFI Southbank, Belvedere Road, London, SE1 8XT

Opening Times of Benugo Bar & Kitchen at BFI Southbank

Mon-Sun 10am-11pm (Sun -9.30pm)

Reviews of Benugo Bar & Kitchen at BFI Southbank

Ms/Mrs. Renate N

Trendy convenient place
05 September 2015
Good food, good service, just a bit noisy

Charlotte S

Pre-Theatre Meal
11 March 2015
The best thing about this pre-theatre meal was the friendly staff! the food came quickly but some dishes were underflavoured (the soup) and others over salted (the salmon). I felt that the kitchen must have been in as much of a hurry as those diners going to the theatre as the lamb in the main course was cold whilst the vegetables around it very hot... it was a shame as it was evident that some thought had gone into the combinations of ingredients.

Ms/Mrs. jocelyn B

Lovely restaurant shame about the cheese!
11 February 2014
We go to this lovely restaurant often as we use the BFI a lot. Don't what they have done but last night we had cheese and it was 20g with a few biscuits on a pretty coaster for the exorbitant price of £2.50. I did comment and the catering manager was excellent as he realised we were making constructive criticism. Hope they rethink the cheese plate.

Mr. Dorian A

Pre-concert Location
18 October 2013
A good change from Local caffs or posh eateries. First, the most charming and swift service. Buzzy atmosphere from the adjoining bar, but not too noisy. Comfortable seating and most delightfully, we were offered a choice of tables instead of being pushed onto the most exposed and awkwardly positioned table in the house! And we got to our concert in good time too.

Mr. Jeremy B

Benugo, where are you?
18 June 2013
Welcome great, service good, food quick, tasty, great value, wines okay, not exceptional, atmosphere pretty cool, a light, attractive place. But finding it? Dreadful. Perhaps Southbank's management's at fault but the signage to Benugo from the pedestrian riverside walk is dreadful – no, it's simply missing. The RFH and BFI etc are a nightmare to negotiate anyway – multi level, messy signs, ads and tatty decorations – but what a pity to add to the bad experience by hiding a nice place like Benugo.

Mr. Dorian A

Adventurous food.
15 May 2013
Benugo Bar and KItchen at the British Film Institute was new to us as a pre theatre venue. It isthat ipart of a buzzy bar environment where we had drinks before sitting at our table. Service was excellent and the food good particularly the deep fried stuffed courgette flower. The following duck breast and salad was delicious, if slightly overcooked. A couple of good expressos later and we were off to enjoy our show at the National Theatre.

Ms/Mrs. Stanley M

warm white wine
15 May 2013
I like this place, but i think that they should serve white wine at lower than room temperature, especially when a glass is £10 or so. Other than that, good food and perfectly located for a quick bite before the play at the National Theatre

Ms/Mrs. Sheila J

29 January 2012
Ordered Ribeye steak chips and a bunch of leaves, over £18 Can't go wrong with Ribeye eh!!! Wrong!!! apart from being very small ( thats fine cos I don't eat much anyway) I can honestly say that I did not swallow one piece of that steak, every mouthful I chewed and chewed, then had to take it out of my mouth it was so full of gristle every single mouthful bar none. I told the waitress, and she said why did i not say before, i said because I was expecting the next bite would improve, she said in a rather rude tone, well I asked you if everything was OK and you said fine, BUT she asked me this before I took my first mouthful. so of course it was fine then. I was charged for this I said why am I being charged for something I could not eat? so she took the bill and reduced it by £4 I paid but was so unhappy that I did not even eat the steak at all, now I am going to write to the Company. her attitude was disgusting. The chips were very dry, the leaves were fine. Never eat there again. I feel now that I should have refused to pay for the steak. The restaurant itself was OK no more than just OK. Wished I had taken a photo of it now.

Mr. Stuart M

01 August 2011
Great Bar, but the restaurant isn't up to much. Found the food overpriced, in fact was over charged for one of the main meals. We ordered pan fried Haddock, which despite looking good lacked any seasoning or flavour.We also order a Caesar salad this was very minimal,bland and £12.The bar is cool thou, so next time it will just be a drink. Which is a bit of a shame as we're BFI members.

Ms/Mrs. Karina C

09 June 2010
It was a fantastic venue for my event! Their lounge is very confortable and the staff offers an excellent service!

Other restaurants near Benugo Bar & Kitchen at BFI Southbank

You are requesting to book Benugo Bar & Kitchen at BFI Southbank for people on at