Rock & Rose

International

Call Rock & Rose to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Rock & Rose

Ornate chandeliers, fabulous paintings and the odd sequined decoration add plenty of decadent glamour to this striking bar/restaurant – no wonder it’s an alluring proposition for Richmond’s under-40s. The atmosphere is matched by some “amazing” food (according to one fan), and the menu is chock-full of global classics – expect anything from Asian sharing platters or salmon and avocado tartare with pickled cucumber to piri-piri chicken, lobster mac ‘n’ cheese or spring vegetable risotto with asparagus peas and edamame. There are ribs, steaks and burgers too, plus puds such as salt caramel cheesecake. Wines and beers are also up to the mark. Despite the opulent OTT interior, you shouldn’t be fooled into thinking this is an ideal venue for a romantic tête-à-tête. Instead, we’d suggest you bring a bunch of mates, have a couple of cocktails and go with the flow.

Good to know about Rock & Rose

International
Big and bold, Buzzy, Cool, Cosy, Fun, Glamorous, Traditional
Dates, Group dining [8+], Romantic, Special occasions, Special occasions

Location for Rock & Rose

106-108 Kew Road, London, TW9 2PQ

Opening Times of Rock & Rose

Mon-Sun 12N-3pm (Fri-Sat -5pm) 6-10pm (Fri-Sat -10.30pm Sun -9.30pm)

Reviews of Rock & Rose

Rock (n) decor, (un)-rosey sevice – Rock & Rose Richmond
26 October 2013
Last Sunday, we headed down to Richmond for my soon-to-be nieces birthday dinner. The décor in Rock & Rose is FABULOUS, ornate chandeliers, fabulous paintings with one or two misplaced sequined decorations but all in all – amazing. As we were a group of 11, our table wasn’t quite ready when we arrived so we took advantage and had a few cocktails at the bar. There is a great selection which you can see here! Now I read a few reviews before we went and was eager to see if what I had read was true. Most of the reviews raved about the food and the décor however fell short on praise for the staff and I agree. This was a booking for a birthday party, there was no fuss made for a start (which I appreciate you cannot cater to every celebration) but you can however go the extra mile to make the birthday girl feel a bit special! Our waitress, I believe, was quite new and whilst we have all been there, she wasn’t great. She gave us all copies of the party menu, we didn’t want to party menu, we wanted to order from the regular menu. We were told we couldn’t as we were over 8 pax to which we asked then why not just split the table in 2 for the bill and wouldn’t that solve that problem?! after much grumbling and back and forth we were told we could order from the main menu by which time the lamb (which originally caught our eye and hence the asking for different menu) was sold out! Whilst the food came out quickly and was great, the filling up of wine and general ordering of drinks was very slow. On leaving, we decided to not pay the full £60.00 service charge (and quite rightly so), to which our waitress practically chased us out the door saying we hadn’t paid it! I would go back if I were in a smaller party, but perhaps only to see the décor. It really is amazing!

Mr. Pat G

Excellent yet again!
09 May 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed our meal prior to The Rocky Horror show at Richmond theatre. Third time her so starting to really enjoy it. Menus change often, staff really friendly and food has always been a treat. Pre theatre can get there for 545pm which helps us. (We take 2 hours for 2 courses and coffee on average). We,ll be back!!

Ms/Mrs. Carla H

16 June 2012
Having heard great things about this restaurant my partner and I have been meaning to try this place out for a while. We thought we'd go this weekend as a treat. What a disappointment… As soon as we walked to the desk and asked for the table we had booked we were told we had to be out by 8 as it was needed for another party. If only we'd walked out at this point… We sat down and after about 20 minutes we got bored of waiting for someone to come and take our drinks order so went to the front desk and ordered our drinks and food there. The drinks came pretty fast as did the food. The food was below average and completely over priced! The cocktails weren't bad though. It took a while for our plates to be cleared. When the gentleman came to take away our plates he didn't offer us the dessert menu. By this point we had enough and waited and waited for the bill. Eventually we got up for the bill and when no one came to take our payment we got up to pay. The cheeky waiter even tried to put service charge on our card even though we instructed him how much to take from the card. My partner at this point mentioned to the waiter that we had received a very low level of service. We got a very ingenuine/rude apology from possibly the most arrogant waiter I have come across. This just topped the evening off for us!

Mr. eezie E

26 June 2011
Bright and adventurous decor matched by the menu boded well for a great first experience of Rock & Rose. Unfortunately two of the four cheese burgers had to be sent back for some more time on the grill. Staff were too busy talking between themselves to notice customers hands. To add the final insult to injury the bill was £104 for four cheeseburgers, five soft drinks and one glass of wine!

Ms/Mrs. SS S

30 April 2010
I have been visiting this restaurant on a fairly frequent basis (every couple of months) as I live just a corner away from the restaurant. (normally the booking was under my partner's name not under mine therefore I might have “appeared” on the booking system as a new customer). I have booked a table for 3 over the phone last week, for Sat night (18:30). When we got there it turned out that the booking was made for 8 person. Obviously I have NOT booked a table for 8 but for 3, and it's quite hard to believe that “three” can be misheard as “eight”. The staff had maintained their claim that I have made the booking for the wrong number, and continued pulling faces. (Customer is always right isn't?) Eventually we got seated, and were asked to leave the table by 20:30. We have agreed to this and took the table. Around 19:50 we were just browsing through the dessert menu when we were approached by the waitress and asked to leave the table at 20:00. We refused, as the other waitress who seated us clearly said 20:30. The manager then approached us with the same request, strongly (and without any apology) demanded us to leave by 20:00 – probably at this point I should have offered to leave without paying, and avoid further embarrassment in front of my guests as the dinner started to turn into a rather bitter experience. We refused again to leave, and stayed until 20:30 – hence “allowed” to finish our meals. Needless to say I have plenty of other restaurant options in the Kew/Richmond neighbourhood to spend my hard earned cash, and will not be frequenting this restaurant in the future.

Mr. Olly W

06 April 2010
Dined here for a friends birthday. not great food, service was average/good and overpriced. The service from the senior staff was at best aloof if not rude and arrogant. I am not quick to come to negative feedback but this place seems way outclassed by local competition. If you want to “funky” place to be seen then great, but if it is a good dining experience with good food and service, suggest to keep to the many better places around.

Ms/Mrs. Lucy N

03 July 2009
I organised a company Christmas party here last December. The staff were great and very accommodating (even though we were a little worse for wear, very loud and overran our booking by an hour!) Our every wish was catered for and the food and wines were fabulous.

Other restaurants near Rock & Rose