French·

SquareMeal Review of Pied à Terre

From its prized modern art and groaning cheeseboard to legions of suited staff, Pied à Terre remains “timeless in its class” – “always original, always fun, always great”. Head chef Asimakis Chaniotis has made the kitchen his own and can deliver some truly dazzling dishes, judging by our recent experience: roasted veal sweetbread and plump cockles drenched in seaweed butter; delicate squid ‘linguine’ under buckwheat and sea herbs; and a modernist spin on coconut rice pudding have all impressed mightily. The classics aren’t forgotten either – roasted and braised lamb is served alongside London’s most sophisticated take on ratatouille, while original chef Richard Neat’s foie gras and borlotti beans in Sauternes consommé is still fresh after 25 years. Apart from the bargain set lunch, prices are reassuringly top-end, but there’s ample value in a book-sized wine list, with “incredibly helpful” sommeliers. While the detail-rich dining room is pokey for some (and cosy for others), a recently refurbished upstairs bar is perhaps Fitzrovia’s best kept drinking secret. “Just simply fabulous”, sums it up.

French
Chef’s table, Vegetarian options
Dates, Special occasions
Food Hygiene Rating

FAQs

Does Pied à Terre have a Michelin star?

Pied à Terre has one Michelin star.

Meet the team

Asimakis Chaniotis

Executive Chef

Aged just 29, Asimakis Chaniotis brings an air of excitement to the kitchen of critically-acclaimed French restaurant, Pied à Terre. Having briefly been Head Chef at L’Autre Pied before it closed, Asimakis has now returned to the restaurant he first worked at aged 22, bringing his individual style, look and feel to the menu. He is the first Greek ever to be awarded a Michelin star out of his country and the youngest recipient in London.

This venue also offers

Sun Closed

Reviews of Pied à Terre

Dissatisfied
25 July 2021

Gael and I attended for dinner. We had a voucher for the 10 course tasting menu.  The meet and greet was fine. As we were the first people the aircon was too cold but okay. The first 6 courses were okay but one of them was quite salty but it may have been a hot kitchen? The pasta dish was very disappointing. We drank a wine from my cellar which was served but not kept at the table  in a wine bucket and consequently was warmer with each glass. We decided to order a glass to share of Austrian  trockenbeerauslese. It was terrible. I then asked for the bill and was surprised when it said we had a £36 credit. I brought this to their attention and it was eventually amended with an apology. I had previously eaten there 4 times before. This was my last visit. I wish them well and perhaps covid was a cause of the problems.  Max and Gael Oldfield

SJohns7

Overly priced
29 May 2021

My friends took me out to dinner I was rather shocked how overly priced the meals were even though my friend had purchased vouchers which was a complete waste of time and money. We've had better meals at Claridges Dorchester & ritz and a much better service too. Also Don't bother going there if you're a person of colour and suffer with autism as I do. My friend who purchased the vouchers had a date booked at pied a terre restaurant and now has informed her date to cancel, which has now been cancelled.

SJohns7

Overly priced
29 May 2021

Lisa B

12 August 2019
Impeccable service, superb menus and an extensive wine list. I also like the upstairs bar for cocktails.

26 July 2019
Food and service always first class.

Karla B

26 July 2019
Went here for my birthday a few years ago and WOW! We did the tasting menu and wine pairing. Hoping to go back again some time.

Miranda F

26 July 2019
Most amazing tasting menu and matching wines and outstanding service! Definitely the place for a special celebration.

Henry G

08 July 2019
For elegance, comfort and great service, this Michelin-starred restaurant deserves its rating for wonderful food.

Julie P

02 July 2019
Owner very much present and attentive ath lunchtime. We did go a la carte (but a menu du jour is available) but the food was exceptional and the surroundings relaxed. Perfect combination.

Natasha K

02 July 2019
This restaurant is amazing. The service is beyond anything i've experienced before - attentive, not snobby, charming. I always feel welcome.
Delivery or takeaway

Order takeaway from Pied à Terre by calling 020 7636 1178.

Call Pied à Terre to make a booking on:

Other restaurants we like near Pied à Terre

Book Pied à Terre for people on at .