Mala

Indian

Call Mala to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Mala

It’s not the most inventive Indian in town, but this sleek & ‘excellent’ curry house is certainly one of the most enticingly located, with huge windows affording panoramic views across St Katharine Dock – it’s just a shame that the lease precludes an alfresco terrace. The kitchen tries to ring some changes, serving prawn pooris & warm tandoori chicken salad as well as a take on tikka involving cod marinated in mustard paste, but its heart is still in the time-honoured world of Madras, vindaloo & biryani, butter chicken & lamb jalfrezi. Prices reflect the well-to-do Wapping location, but there are good-value set lunch menus during the week (£13.50/15.50 for two/three courses), plus a lighter menu of nibbles, soups & salads at the bar. Service is ‘fab’, chimes a regular.

Good to know about Mala

Mon-Fri, Sun 12N-3pm Mon-Sun 6-11pm

Reviews of Mala

Mr. Stuart C

21 April 2014
I must admit I am a bit choosy when it comes to Indian food so we are very lucky to have one of the best on our doorstep. As a regular, the service is always good (as anyone who frequents a restaurant is entitled to expect) and the food better. No greasy dishes here – just superbly cooked and delicately spiced food. The chicken jalfrezi is my favourite but no-one we've taken has ever been disappointed with their choice. Just watch out for the complimentary B-52's at the end of the meal and I don't mean ‘Love Shack’…but as a curry shack, this is the place to go.

Mr. CS R

11 July 2012
Best Indian food in town// for sure. Great Service and Amazing Taste. Go for it.

Mr. charlesdickens L

25 August 2011
My guest and I had an average starter, served by a very unhappy looking member of staff. I specifically asked for a mild main course without chilli, but the dish that arrived was ‘medium’ (at least) with a strong flavour of chilli! The manager was decidedly dissinterested and rude, despite the staff member agreeing that I had been very clear and it was the chef's mistake, so I preferred not to risk a replacement. The location and interior look excellent, but the atmosphere reflected something seriously wrong; maybe I was just unlucky- but I have heard others saying they've been very disappointed.

Mr. Louis M

22 March 2009
… served one of the worst dishes I have ever seen or tasted to a friend! (My dish was fine) The dish in question – the Rump of Lamb – seemed to get lost in translation – becoming the RUM of lamb. Lamb soaked in Captain Morgan's rum to hilarious effect. Dealt with badly – probably a very solid place under normal circumstances.

Other restaurants near Mala

You are requesting to book Mala for people on at