Le Vacherin

French

SquareMeal Review of Le Vacherin

“Wonderful modern French food” is the attraction at Le Vacherin, which also wins praise for its “consistently good service” and “warm, intimate, romantic ambience”. The clean lines, authentic trappings and white linen tablecloths lend a Parisian air to this dyed-in-the-wool bistro, which is “great for a celebration” as well as a cosy dinner à deux. Chef Malcolm John’s menu is classic and elegant, from starters of escargots de Bourgogne or seared foie gras with boudin blanc to suprême of sea trout with crayfish and crab bisque or an assiette of duck with preserved cherries. Sharing options including rock oysters, pot au feu or chateaubriand add to the romance, and desserts stay with the classics – think apricot tarte Tatin or crème brûlée with orange madeleines. Also check out the “incredible steak-frites offer”. The wine list favours France, but doesn’t exclude the rest of the world – note the selection of the month.

Good to know about Le Vacherin

French
Cosy, Formal, Quiet conversation, Traditional
Sunday roast
Dates, Romantic, Special occasions, Special occasions

Special offers from Le Vacherin

Sunday lunch 3 courses£30 with a complementary bottle of prosecco per table (minimum 4 people)

From: 11 June, 2018
To: 17 October, 2020
This offer is available from June 11, 2018 until October 17, 2020, subject to availability as displayed in the booking interface. Offer excludes service and includes VAT. Not available in conjunction with other offers. This promotion has additional information available. Click on the link(s) to view.

Monday Chateaubriand club

From: 11 March, 2019
To: 11 March, 2020
Max: 6
Chateaubriand for 2. £29.00. Only on Mondays. 250 grams of beef. Usually £58. max table of 6. We reserve the right to change or amend the offer while stocks last.

Wine Wednesdays

From: 13 March, 2019
To: 13 March, 2020
Max: 20
"Bring your own wine, no corkage fee Max table of 20. Not valid in connection with any other offer or promotion. We reserve the right to change or amend the offer."

5 COURSES MENU

From: 11 March, 2019
To: 31 December, 2019
Max: 20
5 courses menu with a glass of Cremant the Bourgogne £32.50, or £42,50 with a glass of Devaux Champagne

Location for Le Vacherin

76-77 South Parade, London, W4 5LF

Opening Times of Le Vacherin

Mon-Sun 12N-3pm (Sun -4pm) Mon-Sat 6-10.30pm (Fri-Sat -11pm Sun -10pm)

Reviews of Le Vacherin

Ms/Mrs. Valerie M

A great find
03 March 2019
We were both very impressed with Le Vacherin - the food was absolutely nop notch and the service was very professional, if slightly more formal than I prefer, but that wasn't a problem. Actually the prices were the biggest surprise for me, giving the quality of the food and wine - I thought the bill at the end was extremely reasonable. Sadly, this restaurant is a little out of our way for frequent visits, but we will definitely go when we are in the area.

First time at Le Vacherin
16 February 2015
For a first visit this was a very important find. I know it's been here for a long time so has a loyal following and they must be right because it's very good. The chef certainly know what he's doing. The hake was perfect and the vegetables were cooked to perfection. The deserts are simply superb. If you're not into French food check the menu first as there maybe items which you're not sure about so it could be a challenge when first handed the menu. Otherwise highly recommended.

David H

19 April 2014
We've had just moderate luck these last few weeks in trying new restaurants, but rather than retreat to a “tried and trusted”, we decided on a different tack. Pick an area where we'd like to go for a walk, and search on Square Meal to find something with a Square Meal star, or maybe two, that we could incorporate into our walk. We came across Le Vacherin and booked it for our first visit this lunchtime. We parked a mile or so away, walking past Trompette on the way, and almost convinced ourselves that we'd made a mistake, for their menu looked delicious and it was a real test of resolve not to dive in there and ask if they could take us. However we walked into Vacherin at the allotted time. Its a long time since I had a lunch comprising a dozen escargots and a steak au poivre with frites , but that's what I had today, and it made me think I'd slipped back maybe thirty years to a time when most French restaurants were just like this. My wife's wild garlic veloute ( really delicious) and corn-fed chicken in a bourguignon sauce (was this actually coq au vin?) were perhaps a little less retro than my selections. I enjoyed both my courses in the way we enjoyed food years ago- nothing clever; no ingredients we hadn't heard of, nothing on small plates and certainly nothing from Peru. For this is a bistro, and it survives by serving traditional,tasty food predictably and well. Even the bread – sourced from an artisan bakery they said, was a revelation, and they served anchovy butter which I hadn't seen since Chez Gerard died on us. The place itself looks the part with lots of mirrors and crisp white tablecloths , with wait-staff in black & white uniforms and full of “sirs” and “madams” in an era when in most suburban restaurants the staff are very casual and call you “guys”. And the cooking here is good. Its actually quite difficult to find food like this nowadays, and that's a pity because its both decent and contributes to the variety we need to keep us enjoying eating out. My wife's veloute and my steak probably took the honours here but it was all good. As was the bottle of a south-western French Syrah, light enough for lunch and good value too. If you like this but you're in central London, then Boudin Blanc in Shepherd Market is comparable. All told our bill with service came to just over £80 with two courses , a couple of sides, the wine and coffee. Pretty decent value we thought , reflecting on the way out that we'd had a thoroughly pleasant lunch and we'll certainly eat at Le Vacherin again.

Mr. Colin S

11 March 2014
Superbly flavourful,overtones of dining in serious Paris AND consistantly good! Nuff said.

Ms/Mrs. Marco C

Simply France at its best
13 July 2013
Hands down my favourite restaurant in Chiswick. Food is always 10/10, faultless classic French cooking with some innovative twists. Fabulous steaks and fish dishes. My wife is obsessed with the snails! Puddings are incredible, espeically the souffle and creme brulee. Service is warm and friendly but incredibly efficient, they are always one step ahead of you. There's nothing nicer than a beautiful lunch at Le Vacherin on a sunny day, sitting in the window overlooking Acton Green. We love it for family get-togethers but also for romantic dinners a deux. I feel very lucky to have this as my local restaurant!

Other restaurants near Le Vacherin

You are requesting to book Le Vacherin for people on at