Call La Tasca to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of La Tasca

‘Always busy & buzzy’ with a ‘great atmosphere’, the Docklands outpost of the tapas chain might be a little shabby around the edges, but that doesn’t stop diners from piling in for tapas. Paella, meatballs, deep-fried squid, chorizo, patatas bravas & tortilla all make appearances & are deemed ‘wonderful’ by fans, who consider La Tasca an ‘excellent venue for lively after-work drinks’. Service, however, is variable: anything from ‘attentive & helpful’ to ‘slow’, but at least the food is ‘worth the wait’. Spanish beers & a large riverside terrace are further plus points.

Good to know about La Tasca

Buzzy, Fun
Outside seating, Waterside
Group dining [8+]

Location for La Tasca

Hertsmere Road, London, E14 4AE

Opening Times of La Tasca

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of La Tasca

Mr. sean E

23 January 2011
I had the misfortune of dining at La Tasca near Selfridges this evening and was utterly disappointed by the food, out of 3 fish starters I struggled to find one that had any resemblance to seafood. The Gambas pil pil made me laugh when it arrived as it was exactly 5 little prawns floating in a watery soup with bits of garlic, while the deep fried was 4 prawns .Both prawn starters tasted as if they had been previously frozen and were still carrying water and the fried squid smelt like shoe laces and was probably as chewy as an old pair. I asked the waiter for some lemon to give it some flavour which he delivered to our table after we'd finished. Despite this I had high hopes for the seafood paella- This arrived to our table looking the part yet the whole dish was burnt, with black residue from the pan clinging to the prawns. Tried to open the mussels and there shells flaked into smithers all over the soggy rice littered with green peas. Had I not been so famished I would have returned the dish uneaten. I complained to the waiter suggesting he advise the chef it was burnt- instead he said “that is how paella is!” I looked around at that point and saw that everyone was enduring a similar experience. Never ever going there again…!!!

Other restaurants near La Tasca

You are requesting to book La Tasca for people on at