Big Easy Canary Wharf

North American·
London, E14 5AR·Website·Call020 3841 8844

SquareMeal Review of Big Easy Canary Wharf

The Norman Foster Crossrail terminal at Canary Wharf has more than architectural prowess and sensible travel links to recommend it – it also has a Big Easy (the third site, following Big Easy Covent Garden and Chelsea) occupying a third of its top floor. With views stretching over the whole of Canary Wharf, the adjacent Crossrail garden and live music every night, it is a great place to drink in both summer and winter. To eat? There is an oyster and raw bar to keep it bang up to date with current fashions, as well as plenty of barbecue meat. They’re determined to do things in proper American style here: it’s not just the portions that are outsized, they’ve also installed three enormous US-built smokers. The restaurant also boasts a vast open kitchen and the biggest pit room anywhere in the UK. It may seem a bit excessive if all you want is a burger, but they’ve got a reputation for those too.

North American

Mon-Sun 7am-12M

Reviews of Big Easy Canary Wharf

RACIST!!!
18 February 2020

EXTREMELY RACIST! I went with my partner. We’re both Pakistani. We didn’t have a reservation and were told that the next table will be available in 1.5hrs. We quietly went out. I checked on opentable and the next reservation was available in the next 7 mins. I booked that and went inside the restaurant. The receptionist didn’t see us come back, we were stood in a corner behind the queue. A white couple walked through the door, no reservation, and were given a table straight away. We didn’t care much because we were about to be seated soon. When we sat down and looked around, there were 8 tables (for 2) available around us. Though some of them got taken up in the next 30 mins of us being there, 3-4 tables still remained empty. So it left my partner and I thinking, what was the 1.5hrs wait for?

There was also a family (of 4) in front of us in the queue, when we first walked in. They were told there’s a 1.5 hours wait and were turned away. During our dinner we noticed a table for 4 available which stayed empty the whole time we were there. So once again, what was the 1.5hrs wait for?

This is the first time in my ENTIRE LIFE I have felt discriminated against due to my skin colour. I am extremely disgusted. The majority of the customers inside were white and it was well clear what the hell was going on in the restaurant! Would not recommend ANYONE to go there!

To make matters worse, we were not given chips with the burgers we ordered and were told that they don’t give chips with the specific burger we ordered. Which was a big fat lie because few months ago I went there and our meal was with chips. I have the pictures to prove it.

Disgusting & delayed service, average and COLD food, overpriced and boring ambience. Would give it a rating of 0 if I could.

Nancy M

09 May 2017
Awful food and service table was small and cramped waiter was rushing us and food was less than average.

Ben S

Nice evening - what I expected
16 November 2016
Big Easy is what you expect - a good location, average food and service. The quality of the meal was better than I expected but it is far from Haute cuisine. Large sized portions and good service and atmosphere - this is a great location for a mid week catch up with a group of friends - not somewhere for a special occasion.

Tina S

02 June 2016
Really like the fact that this can be as quick or a slow service as you need dependent on time. Great to fit in a lunch hour. I love the lobster & chips really good value for your money, a lot of lobster.

Shelly H

02 June 2016
Great deals including drinks in the price, busy, relaxed atmosphere. Fresh lobster, great sharing platters. Perfect venue to take clients especially when you order something with drinks included!

jeanpaul C

Enjoyable place to go if you are looking for casual dining with a group of friends and you bring your appetite
27 May 2016
The Big Easy Bar.B.Q and Crabshack, uniquely stands out as it is surrounded by the towering glass buildings of Canary Wharf. Being the most recent opening of Big Easy restaurants, this nautical themed restaurant brings you an American Gulf Coast experience with lobster cages, ropes, dim boat style lighting and American Blues music. You will be immersed in a fisherman’s atmosphere. READ THE REST OF THE REVIEW: http://dinewithjp.com/big-easy-canary-wharf/

Rebecca C

17 May 2016
Brunch on the weekend, food was great, although I didn't like the corn bread very much, lobster was delicious and it went down nicely with unlimited prosecco! Very good value.

Other restaurants near Big Easy Canary Wharf

Book Big Easy Canary Wharf for people on at .