Indian·

SquareMeal Review of Cinnamon Kitchen City

We’re big fans of chef Vivek Singh’s high-end modern Indian cuisine and this offshoot of his flagship Cinnamon Club earns him yet more applause. Like its sibling in Battersea, it’s been cleverly designed to suit its surrounds – in this case a former spice warehouse, done out in industrial-chic style. The decking outside is a bonus: perfect for alfresco dining whatever the vagueries of the weather, thanks to its covered courtyard.

Inside, the chefs prepare a series of “wonderful, aromatic” dishes, characterised by subtle spicing and knockout flavours. Our most recent visit showed off a reduced sized menu that loses nothing for being a touch smaller, packed as it is with Cinnamon classics. Highlights included both Madras hot shrimps with a curried yoghurt and chargrilled king prawns, juicy and blackened from the grill.

You won't find a better rendition of the deliciously savoury lamb seekh kebab, while the samosa chaat is a moreish rendition of a Punjabi street-food style samosa richly flavoured with curried chickpeas, juicy pomegranate arils and tangy tamarind chutney. To follow, grilled pink aubergine with sesame tamarind sauce and peanut crumble had unctuous depth, while the classic Lucknow-style chicken biryani is softly comforting, and delicate pan-seared cod is complemented rather than overpowered with a punchy Kerala curry sauce and zesty lemon rice.

Don't miss a dependable selection of hot, buttery breads, rice and creamy dhal and, if you've still got room, puds are beautifully done, our favourites being ginger toffee pudding with cinnamon ice cream or a superb kulfi. To drink, expect fruity Asian-inspired cocktails from the Anise Bar and a thoughtfully chosen wine list that includes a well-chosen selection of spice-friendly bottles. Factor in reliably good service and you have a City stalwart that’s well worth repeat visits and increasingly popular at weekends.

Indian
Fun, Lively, Unique
Chef’s table, Counter dining
Group dining [8+], Special occasions

Special offers for Cinnamon Kitchen City

500 Points

For all diners to this restaurant, spending over £75. This offer can only be used once.

10 points for every £1 spent

For all diners to this restaurant, spending over £100

400 Points for lunchtime diners

For all diners to this restaurant, spending over £60 on Tuesdays to Thursdays, lunchtimes only

100 Points

For all diners any day, every time

Offers cannot be combined. You will be awarded the offer that gives you the most reward points.

FAQs

Does Cinnamon Kitchen City do delivery?

Yes, Cinnamon Kitchen City does delivery. You can order through the Supper app or collect your meal directly from the restaurant if you pre-order with them.

What is the menu like at Cinnamon Kitchen City?

Cinnamon Kitchen City has a modern Indian menu. Expect starters like samosa chaat made with curried chickpeas and a tamarind chutney, creamy black dhal and lamb kebabs with onions, peppers and a smoky raita.

Does Cinnamon Kitchen City have a meal kit?

Yes, the Cinnamon Kitchen group has meal kits which you can order for nationwide delivery. You can find out more by searching for our feature on the best restaurant meal kits across the UK.

This venue also offers

Sun 12:00-22:30

Reviews of Cinnamon Kitchen City

Excellent lunchtime venue
15 April 2021   - Verified Diner

Food, service, ambiance all excellent!!

Helen J

10 July 2018
Wonderful aromatic food.

Fiona O

13 May 2016
Delicious food and very good value, especially the rapid lunch for £10.

Sarah G

One of my favourites
20 November 2015
There is nothing I would change, the service is excellent and the food is quite simply heaven on a plate. A little pricey for the average budget though.

Vanessa C

Lovely Venezie Wine Dinner !
16 October 2014
Never been to Italy, though I've heard about Venezie a lot. I had booked pretty early so I wouldn't miss my seat as there are only 16 spaces available ! We could see the dishes being prepared in the kitchen. The aroma tingles your senses and honestly the wine plus the food are worth the praise ! The chef really did a great job thumbs up ! Will be going back again !

Alan B

07 June 2014
Buzzy space, innovative and well-cooked food – what's not to like? Well, it's let down badly by waiting staff who try their best, but just can't cope. The restaurant was busy but not full, but the staff were rushed off their feet. Perhaps there just aren't enough of them, perhaps it's poor supervision. But if you're aiming at the level of 98 quid for a tasting menu, you need to get the staffing right. Good – but needs to lift it's game.

Guy P

Valentines Day
17 February 2014
The first time I had dined at this restaurant. The Valentine's Menu was 5 courses. High and low points in no particular order. The cauliflower cappucino was luxurious and spicy. The rack of lamb, one of the best main courses we had both ever eaten, the sauce was amazing. Service attentive but not over-powering. Loud and bright, which wasnt very romantic. The seafood starter was very citric and hardly any seafood. Rather disappointing compared with the rest of the meal was the dessert, dry souffle. Plus v minus I would go again to see if things are different away from the set course menu and off course to have the lamb again.

Wendy M

At the top of their 'game'
22 November 2013
It is difficult to see how Cinnamon Kitchen could improve on the food. Five of us attended the 5th Anniversary at CK. I don't think I had ever had spiced game before. Quail breasts were stunningly good; marinated I would imagine and carefully spiced, enhanced by fresh and some piquant accompanying ingredients. Nothing eclipsed this impressive opener, but mixed game Kebab and Roe deer were very skilfully done and I think the best way to enjoy game (especially for those a little timid of trying game), both of which I would definitely order again. In-between these two came Grouse, which I have never enjoyed until I ate it on this evening – I happily cleared my plate. I must just say that I couldn't help smile at the aptly entitled menu : “Game-on”, but there were plenty more reasons to smile through the event. Service was good, wine flight was generous and a great introduction to reds suiting spicy dishes for those who hadn't previously dabbled. As entertaining as the double act of Vivek Singh and wine man (Tim Atkin ) was, it could have been slightly shorter at the beginning, but this is just a minor point emphasised by the fact that I was more than ready to eat. But importantly it must be remembered that it was a big celebration and fantastic achievement for Vivek Singh & Co.

Katie O

A special kind of Indian
21 August 2013
I visited Cinnamon Kitchen again this week and my love for the place has not wavered. I can’t say enough good things about all the Cinnamon restaurants, although this is my favourite. I wanted to treat my cousin as he is a Head Chef in a restaurant in Yorkshire and out of all the restaurants in London I knew this was guaranteed to impress him. There are plenty of nice Indian restaurants Up North but none quite cut the mustard the way Cinnamon does. It was a nice enough day to sit out in the courtyard. The glowing candlelight and a view of the gherkin peeping through the glass roof set the mood perfectly. We popped open a bottle of Vintage Pinot Grigio Veneto, I don’t normally mention wine by the name but it went spectacularly with the food. A simple and perfectly cooked Tandoori Chicken for starters followed by the rabbit corn curry tantalised my taste buds as my cousin and his wife tucked in to specialities such as king prawns and succulent lamb. I like that menu changes each time I visit so I have had a chance to try a lot of their very special creations. The jolly French waiter was a delight and had plenty of banter up his sleeve and I went away feeling like I had truly had a treat.

Shonaki C

Best Indian restaurant in the City of London
17 July 2013
Happen to be here soon after my visit to it's sister site in Soho and Cinnamon Club. I am glad I went to this restaurant with 20 of my colleagues for an office party. Great private dining room where you get the freewheeling view of their kitchen and gherkin on the other side. Beautiful food with imaginative and cool dishes on the menu. Extensive choice for vegetarians in our group as well. Cocktails were even better to start off the evening with their best canapes. I found out later that they won Squaremeal canapes cup award for those pigeon vcanapes for 3 years in a row…Wow!! Service was just the way we wanted- unobtrusive yet relaxed. Couldn't fault anything really so here I am encouraging people to must go and try this unique Indian restaurant in London at least once. Oh yes they do have interesting offers on so check out their website before booking a table. You are likely to get some amazing deals there…not the stale one for sure:)

Other restaurants we like near Cinnamon Kitchen City

Anise

Fish Market
Liverpool Street

Fish Market

Book Cinnamon Kitchen City for people on at .