SquareMeal Review of New Street Grill

“You’re treated so nicely and not rushed at all”, notes a fan of New Street Grill – the “calm and cosy” flagship of D&D London's prestigious Old Bengal Warehouse development.

Rich warm tones, soft lighting and comfy leather booths set the tone, with views over the street adding to the restaurant’s appeal. The kitchen prides itself on “great-value” Josper-grilled steaks, with knowledgeable waiters talking diners through the different cuts on offer: take your pick from, say, a 42-day dry-aged Hereford rib-eye or 40-day aged USDA Black Angus sirloin.

There’s only one vegetarian main on the menu (a whole baked aubergine stuffed with cherry tomatoes and pistachios), but fish lovers have plenty of choice – choose from half or whole grilled native lobster with garlic butter or perhaps Isle of Gigha halibut.

Desserts which make the most of British produce are also a hit – think a Bramley apple and blackberry crumble with Jersey cream to share between two, or a Kentish strawberry mess. Otherwise, indulge with a classic sticky toffee pudding or a selection of chocolate truffles and peanut butter fudge.

New Street Grill also offers a reasonably priced set brunch menu (with the option to add free-flowing bubbles too). Brunch kicks off with a short rib crumpet or wild mushrooms on toast, before moving on to sizeable servings of steak and fish, or a brunch burger for mains. Weekend desserts are mostly the same as during the week, but a blueberry pancake stack and a chocolate pudding make special appearances.

The restaurant is also family-friendly, with the dedicated children’s menu including mac ‘n’ cheese and a chicken burger. Moving on to more grown-up affairs, it would be impossible to talk about New Street Grill without mentioning its formidable 500-strong wine list, which has a little something for everyone (except the little ones, of course).

Eat Out to Help Out Participating Restaurant

16a New Street, Liverpool Street, London, EC2M 4TR

Mon-Fri 12N-3pm Mon-Sat 5.30-10.30pm (Sat -11pm) Sun 12N-4pm

Reviews of New Street Grill

29 July 2019
Enjoy everything about this restaurant and have eaten fantastic food here.

Gemma T

31 July 2018
Food & service was fabulous.

Carole E

29 June 2018
Great food and service. A nice spot in the city very close to mainline train station, though down a side street and wouldn't ordinarily pass by unless you were going there.

Catherine S

28 June 2018
Best steaks.

24 April 2018
The best seafood you will eat anywhere served by the friendliest staff in a sleek but unpretentious space.

09 June 2017
Amazing food, service, siomellier, atmosphere.

LB

10 May 2017
Excellent food and services, never disappoints, great atmosphere and they always take note of my allergies (dairy & wheat) and actually care about it!

Hollie B

Bottomless Brunch
20 March 2017
I went for the bottomless brunch on Saturday with my mum and sister. We had the nicest table in the restaurant which looked onto the outside garden area with a complete glass wall which was lovely. The service was outstanding, our drinks were never empty with Prosecco. We never got thrown out of there, we even asked for our bill and they topped our drink up once more prior to us paying which was lovely as we didn't feel like we needed to rush ourselves out. The food was delicious, incredible value for money. The steak was beautiful, it was cooked to just how we asked and the meat itself was good quality. We only had starters and mains as we were so full up that we couldn't fit a desert in, however the waiters brought over small cake bites for us to eat anyway which was very thoughtful. The only negative point I have on this whole experience was the toilets were not clean. The middle toilet door was broken so you couldn't lock the door - my sister was walked in on three times in one time she was there. There was no toilet roll and it didn't seem as though there were any cleaners constantly going in to clean it up as they were very unhygienic. Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant, especially for the brunch and I would 100% go back.

31 May 2016
Excellent quality food, great service and un-rushed service. Restaurant never feels busy and the tables aren't squeezed together - all in all my favourite steak restaurant in London with great value food.

Steve B

Nice but where was my menu?
24 December 2014
The food was great and the price not bad But no promised set menu which made me sad I loved the steak and chips were fab But I wanted the set before grabbing my cab So if set is on your site be sure it is given For people like me working hard for my livin' X

Other restaurants near New Street Grill

You are requesting to book New Street Grill for people on at .