New Street Grill

Steak

About New Street Grill

“You’re treated so nicely and not rushed at all”, notes a fan of the New Street Grill – the “calm and cosy” flagship of D&D London's prestigious Old Bengal Warehouse development. Rich warm tones, soft lighting and comfy leather booths set the tone, with views over the street adding to the restaurant’s appeal. The kitchen prides itself on “great-value” Josper-grilled steaks, with knowledgeable waiters talking diners through the different cuts on offer: take your pick from, say, a 42-day dry-aged Hereford rib-eye or 40-day aged USDA Black Angus sirloin. While veggies might struggle, fish lovers have plenty of choice – dressed crab, grilled lobster and roast cod with Josper-smoked Jerusalem artichoke are all available. Seasonal desserts are also a hit – we recommend the poached pear and pecan sundae with butterscotch and cinnamon ice cream. Weekend brunch and a children’s menu get the thumbs-up, while the 500-strong wine list is sure to keep everyone happy.

Good to know about New Street Grill

Set Menu: 2 courses for £20 or 3 courses for £25

From: 27 September, 2018
To: 30 June, 2019
Max: 8
Enjoy 2 courses for £20 or 3 courses for £25, from a set menu. Includes VAT, excludes service. Max 8 people
Availability: Mon-Fri 12:00PM-2:45PM 5:30PM-10:15PM,Sat 6:00PM-10:15PM 6:00PM-10:15PM

Location for New Street Grill

16a New Street, London, EC2M 4TR

Opening Times of New Street Grill

Mon-Fri 12N-3pm Mon-Sat 5.30-10.30pm (Sat -11pm) Sun 12N-4pm

Reviews of New Street Grill

Ms/Mrs. Hollie B

Bottomless Brunch
20 March 2017
I went for the bottomless brunch on Saturday with my mum and sister. We had the nicest table in the restaurant which looked onto the outside garden area with a complete glass wall which was lovely. The service was outstanding, our drinks were never empty with Prosecco. We never got thrown out of there, we even asked for our bill and they topped our drink up once more prior to us paying which was lovely as we didn't feel like we needed to rush ourselves out. The food was delicious, incredible value for money. The steak was beautiful, it was cooked to just how we asked and the meat itself was good quality. We only had starters and mains as we were so full up that we couldn't fit a desert in, however the waiters brought over small cake bites for us to eat anyway which was very thoughtful. The only negative point I have on this whole experience was the toilets were not clean. The middle toilet door was broken so you couldn't lock the door - my sister was walked in on three times in one time she was there. There was no toilet roll and it didn't seem as though there were any cleaners constantly going in to clean it up as they were very unhygienic. Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant, especially for the brunch and I would 100% go back.

Steve B

Nice but where was my menu?
24 December 2014
The food was great and the price not bad But no promised set menu which made me sad I loved the steak and chips were fab But I wanted the set before grabbing my cab So if set is on your site be sure it is given For people like me working hard for my livin' X

Mr. James W

Consistently excellent Cocktails, Food and Service
24 November 2014
This was the 7th time i have been to this restaurant over the last year or so. Each time the food, service and drinks have been excellent. The steak is second to none that i have had at any of the big named steak restaurants across London. The fish starters such as Scallops and lobster cocktail were generously portioned and reasonably priced. Excellent wine list and the cocktails we had in the bar beforehand were great, with some unique options on the list. This seems to get even better every time i go and is definitely worth a visit! For overall experience it doesn't get much better!

Mr. Nick G

10 March 2014
Late lunch with a new client who was late but no stress from the staff no rush which was superb and the food was spot on the wine was spot on, couldn't have gone bettter can't wait to go back

Mr. James W

Best steak in London so far
02 December 2013
Having been previously to New Street and had a great meal with superb steak i wanted to go back to see if it was consistently at this high level or i had just caught it on a good day. im pleased to say it was again superb. I am a frequent visitor to Gaucho, Hawksmoor and also go to Goodmans occasionally and did not expect New St to out do them all, but the steak was actually better than any i have had at either of the 3 mentioned in a godo few years of visiting them. The service was very good and staff very firendly, we asked for wine recommendations to accompany the Lobster cocktail starter and then the 350G fillet that i had and with firend also having fish and steak, the white to go with starters and the Malbec with the main were pefect. New Street doesn't have the lively and funky atmosphere of a Gaucho in the dining room but there was a good buzz in there and the bar is quite lively. I would definitely recommend giving this place a try if you like a decent steak and drink. I will be going back.

Ms/Mrs. Sarah G

19 November 2012
Visited this restaurant for the first time today – extrememly impressed – everything was brilliant – service was impeccable and the food amazing – a little expensive but no more so than most City restaurants and when its that good you do not mind paying. Only been open 2.6 months so I hope it manages to maintain this standard as I will return.

Other restaurants near New Street Grill