Ceviche Soho

Peruvian

Call Ceviche Soho to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Ceviche Soho

Even on the greyest London day, it’ll feel like summer in this perky Peruvian, which helped to trigger the cuisine’s invasion of the capital. Ceviche’s winningly cheerful service, razor-sharp flavours and punchy Pisco Sours attract a “mixed Soho crowd”, with “very cool” staff adding to the vibe. From the decorative photographs of Lima locals to the jaunty soundtrack, it’s a relentlessly patriotic offer – although everything hinges on the menu: intricate nibbles such as flame-licked eel with avocado and wasabi cream precede a “seriously delicious” selection of ceviches, salads, grilled meats and fish. Tiradito de conchas is a clash of succulent scallops, sea fennel, caviar and puckering lemon juice, while costillas chifa sees pork ribs doused in soy sauce and chilli, then sweetened with pineapple. Vegetarians and gluten-intolerant types will have a field day here, while the helpfully annotated wine list is exclusively South American. A deftly packaged “vibrant” prospect that’s certainly worth the money.

Ayala female chef series Ayala female chef series

Good to know about Ceviche Soho

Location for Ceviche Soho

17 Frith Street, London, W1D 4RG

020 7292 2040

Opening Times of Ceviche Soho

Mon-Sun 12N-11.30pm (Sun -10.15pm)

Reviews of Ceviche Soho

Mr. Lloyd S

Fantastic Peruvian Feast
06 August 2017
Well this restaurant certainly has a great feel to it set on Frith Street in the heart of Soho serving excellent Peruvian food with fantastic & friendly service made for a amazing early evening feast. We hoped the food would be good especially when you know the creator of the menu is Martin Morales and indeed it was. The staff were excellent and gave you great advice plus recommendations on how many courses to order from each part of the menu which is a Tapas style menu. We started with the Nibbles and fantastic Crunchy Peruvian Corn , Pork Wanton Fritters & Yellow Fin Tuna Tartare just heaven then onto the Ceviche Bar section for a Sea Bass ceviche we had this with the Solteron Salad of Palm Heart, Feta Cheese & Corn truly delightful. Next to the Grill section for my favourite Octopus and it didn't disappoint absolutely stunning we also had the Beef Heart which was amazing. So onto the Classic Favourite where we had the King Prawns & Beef Fillet just sublime. Then you think it's time for dessert but not quite yet the food was so good we had to try a couple more so we had the Scallop Tiradito and the Squid Barbacoa just fantastic. Now it's dessert time & definitely worth the wait as The Choco Banana was heaven. This was all accompanied by the great Cocktails , Beers & Wine . We will definitely be returning and I would highly recommend putting this place on your list

What every restaurant should strive for
26 November 2015
Tasty food. Great service. Fantastic vibe. What more could you want from a restaurant. I always leave happier and more satisfied with my life than when I came it.

Mr. Qyum N

Excellent service but can get crammed
08 October 2014
We visited this place for a late lunch around 4pm and the place was still heaving with hungry diners.Very small gaps between tables, despite this the service was attentive however they had run out of a few popular chevices that we were looking forward to.

David H

Interesting is not the same as good
08 February 2014
First visit today at lunch which saw us enter a close to empty dining room and leave at a point where leaving or visiting the WC was a serious exercise. The tables are so close together that it might be better to go expecting to eat at communal tables for six- for that is the real effect,- with waiters having real difficulty delivering food and drink to tables; and this having a knock-on effect on service. The food we ate today was variable. We chose seven dishes from across the menu to try a good cross section of food. Some of it- skewers of octopus and chorizo, and the creamy muticoloured quinoa, were very tasty. On the other hand our Dom Ceviche was more sour than we'd expect or liked. Just to be clear, neither of us are strangers to- or dislike- ceviche, but this one and to a lesser extent the artichoke ceviche we ordered alongside, just seemed unnecessarily powerful and crude. And then there was the third category, occupied by our confit of duck with green rice. Frankly this was simply lacking in flavour and was by some distance the least enjoyable confit duck I've ever eaten. The service merits comment. It started off really well but as the place filled up it got slower and slower. This isn't (in my opinion at least) because they haven't got enough waitstaff. It is because the kitchen can't really cope with a packed restaurant and the fact that the waiters have to work very hard to get the food to the diner makes the issue worse. So the service wasn't great but it isn't the waiters' fault, and the people who served us were consistently helpful and cheerful. Our seven small plates (1 nibble), one cocktail, one coffee, no wine, cost £81 in a restaurant that made me think of Café Rouge. My advice would be , if you enjoy Peruvian food, to spend a little more and get a lot better at Lima , where we've eaten several times , and always with great success. The experience at Ceviche was interesting, but nothing happened today to encourage me to return.

Ms/Mrs. Kelly W

Warm Service/Wonderful Food
07 January 2014
Have been here twice. On the second time, I went with three others. Despite modifying the reservation 3 times in the 36 hours up to it the wait staff were friendly and courteous. All of us found the food delicious – particularly the Don Diablo and Polpo Ceviches. We found two dishes each with some sides was more than ample.

Mr. Paul F

Flavours to remember
19 December 2013
First time to Ceviche and I was very impressed with the intensity of the flavours and the variety of the food. Tables are very close together so not the place for a discreet chat but otherwise it was great. Not cheap but memorable and will go again

Mr. Ghalib S

Some different if you a fan of fish & spice
17 December 2013
Whilst I arrived to eat with my clients at mid-day on a Thursday, the restaurant did seem quiet, but the atmosphere changed as more hungry souls arrived. We started with classic Pisco Sours which were a dream and slipped down as if there posh lemon squash. The food was flavoursome, bright and it was my first experience of Ceviche, with the Don Ceviche standing out with its meaty sea bass offering. In fact all the food was great, including the Casava chips, grilled octopus and chorizo, and corriander potato cake with it's vibrant beetroot and a purple sauce which had a good kick to it. It may well have come from Willy Wonka's imagination than a Peruvian restaurant! I will be definitely going again.

Ms/Mrs. Celina R

Just a little more elbow room please
22 November 2013
I can highly recomend trying Peruvian Tapas. I had no real idea of what to expect but the food was tasty and different, a real conversation starter. As you would imagine the Ceviche was the star (I reccomend the Salmon) but the side dishes were tasty too. Not a restuarant I would dine in every month and as with any tapas I left wondering if I was actually full. The service was a little shambolic but friendly, they were incredibly busy so our drinks order got a little lost and confused. The restaurant itself is small, but colourful fun decor helps create the good atmosphere. It was so busy we had been jammed into a table next to another couple, the tables are very small themselves and so it felt like we were actually all dining together. You can't be shy here. The bill was average for dinner in Soho, but I left feeling the canteen fun style could have resulted in it being a little cheaper. Not bad though. Overall – give it a go, you'll have fun and even better if you are in a big group.

Ms/Mrs. Celina R

Something different with a great vibe
16 September 2013
The atmosphere in the restaurant is buzzy and fun. Having never eaten Peruvian before I was excited to be trying something different and was not disappointed. The Salmon ceviche was out of this world. All dishes were very tasty, a great new experience but not perhaps something I would eat every week. The total bill was slightly more than I expected and they did not remember my friends beer order until I had reminded them 3 times and then 2 beers came at once. But my only real critism is the amount of tables they squeeze into such a tiny place. I was having elbow battles with the strangers on the next table to us, in fact I am not sure they weren't on the same table! Overall would reccommend this to a friend, for a fun and tasty night out but next time I would go with a larger group!

Ms/Mrs. Sarah P

Delcious!
27 August 2013
Wonderful Pisco Sours and divine Ceviche – would highly recommend.

Other restaurants near Ceviche Soho

You are requesting to book Ceviche Soho for people on at .