Burger and Lobster Soho

Call Burger and Lobster Soho to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Burger and Lobster Soho

Burger & Lobster definitely takes some beating. There’s a winning simplicity to its eponymous offering of hand-minced corn-fed Nebraskan beef and fresh lobster from Nova Scotian waters. The menu is short, but no worse for it – unless you’re vegetarian, of course, in which case choice is even more limited. Take your pick from meaty burgers (with extra cheese and bacon), juicy steamed or char-grilled lobster, and buttery lobster rolls in toasted brioche with a lick of wasabi mayo, plus seafoody starters like calamari, oysters and panko-crumbed prawns.

Drinks call for slightly more protracted decision-making, with a mixed bag of wines, beers, fizz and food-friendly cocktails to consider. Prices might no longer be the bargain that B&L was when it launched in 2011, but on the upside, they now take reservations.

Good to know about Burger and Lobster Soho

Burger and Lobster Soho is featured in

Best Burgers

Location for Burger and Lobster Soho

36-38 Dean Street, London, W1D 4PS

Opening Times of Burger and Lobster Soho

Mon-Sun 12N-10.30pm (Fri-Sat -11pm Sun -10pm)

Reviews of Burger and Lobster Soho

That steamed lobster is to die for
04 February 2018
We had the steamed lobster with garlic butter and the lobster roll, and they were absolutely amazing. The lobster was juicy and jet-fresh, and went perfectly well with the sauce. They come with fries and salad too so come with an empty stomach!

Craving lobster?
12 March 2016
Burger and Lobster was a place I had heard about a lot and a place I NEEDED to go to. I love seafood especially lobster so this was a no-brainer for me. The menu is very simple: burger + chips, lobster roll + chips and Lobster + chips. I went for the lobster roll and it was delicious! The meat was creamy and every bite was FULL of gorgeous flavour. What's more, the butter sauce they give on the side is AMAZING. It tastes amazing with the fries and the salad and even better if you drizzle it over the lobster- UH it was absolutely delicious. Highly recommended!

Mr&Mrs B

06 March 2014
I am trying to book on-line, looks like the restaurant is book indefinite even in Dec 2014. I will not be able to get the 100 point if my booking will not be accepted on square meal calendar, I have to call the restaurant to book directly. Not happy with this.

Worth it
29 January 2014
You can't book a table at the Burger and Lobster so it was a big gamble going there in the pouring rain and risking a queue. However, on a Monday evening around 5:30pm we got a table for 2 with 0 waiting time. The concept was explained – “would you like burger or lobster?” not being seafood fans we already knew we wanted the burger. The prices are the same for the burger and lobster dishes, so my guess is that they under price the lobster and overprice the burger – but BOY was it worth it! yes – i love a good medium rare burger and it was perfect. The fries were great and the side salad was even delicious! (not recommended for a first date as its hard to be well mannered and use cutlery here!)

Ms/Mrs. Maggie M

25 April 2013
Burger and Lobster will always be a winner. The concept is great, and you'll always chuckle to yourself when you hear a newbie asking to see the menu. We tend to order one of each and share everything, not letting food envy get the better of us. These guys turn more tables than i've seen in many places and the food that comes out of the kitchen has always been spot on. I like my lobster grilled with garlic butter and it's never been too chewy and there's just the right amount of fries and salad to go with everything. The claws tend to be huge and half the fun of going to this restaurant is to get involved with your claw crackers, the messier the better i say. The burger is big and juicy, always a perfect medium rare topped with cheese and bacon. Burger and Lobster can't seem to go wrong. The only thing that would let this place down is the fact that it's so in demand you may be waiting a while for a table. Two tips; you can eat up at the bar and the bartenders make really good company or you could just wait until after 9pm in the evening when it starts to die down a little. The atmosphere is always buzzing and the staff very efficient and friendly, they must make a packet! Burger and Lobster Soho is one of their bigger venues so there's a greater chance you will get a table over the smaller venue in Mayfair. Enjoy this quirky venue for what it is and if you have to wait a while for a table, then they're obviously doing something right!

Ms/Mrs. Neil M

07 February 2013
I arrived for a 1pm lunch and was told politely but firmly, that even though the restaurant was visibly less than half full I had to wait at the bar for my guest to arrive. I was shown to a stool in an otherwise empty bar. My instinct was to leave but B&L had been my guest's idea. Fortunately I didn't have to wait too long on on her arrival we were seated immediately. Service was excellent and between us we had a Burger and the Lobster Roll. The quality of both was excellent. Service was very speedy so the price seemed a bit steep. If it hadn't been for the idiotic seating policy I would have left feeling fairly positive. If you like Burgers or Lobsters I recommend the place, but make sure you meet up before you get there.

Ms/Mrs. Kim N

08 November 2012
I really loved this restaurant, mostly because lobster is one of my favourite things. Enjoy!

Ms/Mrs. ML C

08 October 2012
We were really disappointed with the food – came out cold, chewy and slightly tarred. We asked for it grilled, I think the lobsters were all pre-cooked and then shoved on the grill before they brought them out. Even the meat inside the shells was lukewarm, which means they were definitely not freshly cooked. We've had lobsters many times and never had any as bad as these.

Ms/Mrs. Anna L

24 July 2012
The B&L which has moved into the old Bistro du Vin site on Dean Street is much bigger than the Mayfair original. So great news that it's much easier to get a table (we visited during the no-reservations opening period) and the place is as buzzing as it used to be back in its glory days as an All Bar One. We also loved the red leather booths, the range of different-sized tables and the cocktail bar (Dean Street Breeze was just the thing for a Soho summer's evening). The food follows the B&L formula – burger, lobster or lobster roll – and it's just as good. However, don't expect to linger, as staff have clearly been primed to push tables through as quickly as possible. I still can't argue with whole lobster for £20, but £40 for an hour-long meal seems less of a bargain.

Other restaurants near Burger and Lobster Soho