SquareMeal Review of Aubaine Kensington

Chic all-dayer Aubaine takes advantage of French café culture’s hold over romance-starved Anglo-Saxons. Baskets of pain de campagne, subtly distressed wooden furniture and soft, flattering lighting would be enough to impress most people, even without the menu of breads, patisserie and viennoiserie, macarons, mille-feuilles and financiers… it’s enough to make you want to cough up six quid for a cup of Mariage Frères tea. But this mini chain of urbane cafés isn’t just good for a caffeine and sugar fix: breakfast and brunch gives way to a menu of fashionable Med-influenced fare, for example roast sea bass with Kalamata olives and lemon oil, lobster spaghetti or Superfood salad with quinoa, beetroot and roast butternut squash. They’re licensed too and, surprisingly, have some global wines slotted in amongst the French contingent.

Lively

Reviews of Aubaine Kensington

Erika L

Great French Cafe
13 August 2015
Aubaine is a cute little French cafe on Kensington High Street. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is inviting. I had the Chicken Paillard, and would highly recommend it! I will definitely be going back.

Ms/Mrs. Alice G

16 May 2014
My dining experience at Aubaine was very, hmm how do I put it… meh. We opted for a midweek evening meal going for the 2 courses for £16.50 deal with a glass of house wine. We both thought the food was average, the dishes looked pretty but the portion sizes were on the small side and it seems they rely on you ordering side dishes to fill you up (which I hate doing as it always ends up getting quite expensive). The service was very haphazard, we were left waiting 15 minutes for a glass of wine at the beginning of our meal and place wasn't even that busy. Also in good weather when the panels are open you get the lovely smell of cigarette smoke wafting in from the people sitting on the periphery of the restaurant, not nice ! I think there are far better French restaurants out there that give you more vaule for your money.

Ms/Mrs. Stephanie H

13 March 2014
A friend and I dined at Aubaine Kensington for dinner on the eve of the 12th March. As I wasnt well I wanted something quick and no fuss so I could dash off early. We decided on the two course £15 set menu – pretty good deal actually, We had a beautiful creamy mushroom and apsaragas soup to start with and for main a piece of garlic butter lamb steak. This is also came with a glass of red which was quite nice for a house selection. I must say I was quite impressed. Definitely value for money and service was quick. Next time I would like to choose something off the A La Carte menu but all in all a nice experience.

Ms/Mrs. neela C

A neighbourhood hangout
13 December 2013
A lovely vibe perfect for brunches or lunches with a specific style menu. If you dont mind being among ladies who lunch or business meetings during the week it is what it says on the tin

A decent lunch
14 October 2013
Not much to say really other than the food and service was good washed down with a decent bottle of Chianti!

Other restaurants near Aubaine Kensington

You are requesting to book Aubaine Kensington for people on at .