Anzu

Anzu restaurant is closed permanently. Here are some other restaurants near Anzu you might like to try.
Japanese

About Anzu

ANZU PERMANENTLY CLOSED 30 JANUARY 2019

Conveniently located on a pedestrian street just south of Piccadilly Circus in the snazzy St James’ Market development, Anzu comes courtesy of Emma Reynolds and Kensuke Yamada, the pair behind the Tonkotsu ramen chain. Anzu is an altogether smarter proposition: an elegant space of full-length windows, charcoal grey-upholstered chairs and acres of wood; the feel is more Scandinavian than Japanese. While you could come for ramen (pork or seafood in chicken broth, say) and Tonkotsu’s famous chicken karaage, the house speciality is the concept of teishoku, a set meal with the main dish served alongside rice, miso and pickles. We went classic, ordering a crisp-crumbed pork tonkatsu with hispi cabbage, but this being St James’s, there are upmarket ingredients available for your teishoku in the likes of Label Anglais chicken or king oyster teriyaki. Star billing however must go to the marble-fleshed treat of Wagyu carpaccio served tataki-style. To drink, there’s an easy to navigate wine list divided by style, as well as Japanese whiskies and sakés. Prices are a couple of notches up from Tonkotsu, but Anzu is far from being the most expensive Japanese in the neighbourhood.

Japanese
Quiet conversation

Location for Anzu

1 Norris Street, St James's Market, London, London, SW1Y 4SB

Mon-Sun 12N-10.30pm (Fri-Sat -11pm)

Reviews of Anzu

Zoe P

Every mouthful sublime - dont miss it
02 December 2016
I have been here twice now, once for drinks just after it opened and today for lunch. The restaurant has a wonderful feel, it feels relaxed, yet smart. Two clients joined me for lunch and we feasted on King Crab & Pork Gyoza - melt in your mouth bitefuls of deliciousness, Chicken Karaage - fried chicken with a lovely soy dip (I could have eaten this all day long) and the Wagu Filet "tataki" Carpaccio - my guests rated it highly. Main course I had the lambchops, new on the menu today - OMG, I am from NZ so I know my lambchops - these were so tender and delicate, cooked to perfection, with some sort of magic spice infused through. Another thing on the menu I could eat all day. My guest had the Tonkatsu Curry, he said he never needed to eat again after tasting that - THATS how good it was! My other guest ate Charshu Pork Ramen in Double Chicken Broth, I will have that next time AND the lambchops - all perfect. Service attentive and just how I like it, there when we needed them, but no where to be seen when we didn't. I will go again and again. Don't miss it.

Other restaurants near Anzu

You are requesting to book Anzu for people on at .