Zeitgeist at the Jolly Gardeners

Pubs

Call Zeitgeist at the Jolly Gardeners to make a booking on:

About Zeitgeist at the Jolly Gardeners

Fear not: there are no bar staff in lederhosen & dirndls here, only a friendly, darkly furnished pub serving an impressive selection of German draught & bottled beers alongside hearty dishes of bratwurst, schnitzel & sauerkraut. Unsurprisingly, Zeitgeist attracts a fair few Germans, although most customers come from the surrounding neighbourhood & offices. No doubt they’re seduced by the 18 German draught ales, including Krombacher & Gaffel, or the 30-odd bottled beers (from pilsners to smoked rauchbier). The rib-sticking food is mostly of a porcine nature, so soak up the booze with a wurst platter (three kinds of sausage, served with mash or chips, plus sauerkraut & dips), or pork & beef meatballs wrapped in Black Forest ham. A great place to experience German hospitality, without the cheesy Teutonic theming.

Good to know about Zeitgeist at the Jolly Gardeners

Pubs

Location for Zeitgeist at the Jolly Gardeners

49-51 Black Prince Road, SE11 6AB

Opening Times of Zeitgeist at the Jolly Gardeners

Mon-Fri 12N-12.30am (Fri -1.30am) Sat-Sun 1pm-1.30am (Sun -11pm)

Reviews of Zeitgeist at the Jolly Gardeners

29 March 2009

I went to this place wishing them well- I am also German and looked forward to a good meal. After complaining about the door blowing in- icy cold wind in March and no heating- the publican threw us out. I have never been treated like that in my life- we are 56 and 60y – maybe they don't want older people. But to tell us 'it's a door' when we complained as if we are morons really isnt on. If that man was born in the Rhineland I'll it my hat!!! I was and i have never seen such behavior to guests- to be thrown out of an empty pub is a first…I feel sad that Germans are given a lousy reputation in this country yet again…

Other restaurants near Zeitgeist at the Jolly Gardeners