Trinity

Modern European·

SquareMeal Review of Trinity

Having refurbished his handsome flagship, refreshed the concept and gained a Michelin star, Adam Byatt is now riding high – serving determinedly upmarket food to an ever-appreciative audience. “Wonderful inventive cooking in a smart but relaxed atmosphere. I love this place”, says one reader.

Occupying the ground floor, the main restaurant is a “gorgeous” light-filled space with elegant seating, muted colours, striking modern art and huge windows overlooking a sunny outdoor terrace. There’s an open-to-view kitchen too, while staff are incredibly helpful – “they even look after children who are getting crabby”, notes one happy parent.

We’re continually impressed by Byatt’s subtle and confident cooking – a broadly based showcase for eclectic modern cuisine with French overtones. Among the starters, star billing goes to a combo of mackerel with white gazpacho and tarragon, while tuna and crab salad is a delicate patty with thinly sliced apple and smoked almond. Elsewhere, oysters appear in chilled ‘chawanmushi’ (a Japanese steamed egg custard with dashi and tomato), while succulent roast scallops véronique come with capers, cauliflower and grapes.

There are some mightily impressive meat-based dishes too – from a delicious marriage of pork jowl with fresh peas and a whole langoustine wrapped in rice paper to pig’s trotters politely deconstructed with mustardy sauce gribiche. Lavish desserts include a spectacular tarte Tatin (for sharing) with prune and Armagnac ice cream, while dainty petits fours, top-class French cheeses and a fascinating wine list with “perfect recommendations” all add to the pleasure of eating here.

Trinity’s offer also includes Upstairs, which is a relaxed space that has been designed for informal meals, private parties and wine tastings. If you want to try the delights of Trinity outside of the restaurant, why not try out Trinity at Home – a bespoke catering service that includes menus, staff and even the washing up.

Modern European
Fun, Glamorous, Quiet conversation, Widely spaced tables
Other Awards
One Michelin star
Romantic, Special occasions
Food Hygiene Rating

COVID-19 Update for Trinity

Updated on 10 Jul 2020

Trinity is currently not open, though they have made a Covid Statement:

Trinity endeavours to work hard to ensure the safety of guests and employees. They are taking many extra precautions to remain a covid-free space. They are lucky to have enough space to provide social distancing and an outdoor space for extended seating. Guests are asked to use bathrooms one person at time and our stairway will be monitored for single use.

All government guidelines will be followed  to ensure contagion risks are lowered and our restaurant remains with enhanced cleaning and hygiene, regular risk assessments and a clear understanding from the Trinity team. The team’s health is crucial, looking after them so they can look after you.

They want their guests and community to feel comfortable dining in our much-loved restaurant, they would like the experience to be enjoyable, but not to detract from your experience with them, therefore welcome any request.

FAQs

Does Trinity have a Michelin star?

Trinity has one Michelin star.

Location for Trinity

Reviews of Trinity

Dick B

Rather bizarre service
02 October 2021   - Verified Diner

The most important thing, the food at Trinity, was delicious, imaginative and elegant. My one criticism was that the mushroom flavour, as duxelles, cèpes and sauce, tended to overpower the perfectly cooked Dover. Where the place fell down was front of house. When I and my wife arrived, we were handed just one menu between us (actually that consisted of two cards with a different table d'hôte menu on each). I asked a couple of times for a second menu so that we didn't have to share but nothing happened. I was only given a second copy when I got a little trenchant. We were also given a covered menu each that I thought was the wine list. They turned out to be cocktail lists. I had to demand a wine list. Nevertheless, the waiting staff were all very pleasant and welcoming but some had strong accents that, in one case, meant I didn't understand a word he said throughout the meal. My comprehension wasn't helped by the fact that the restaurant, otherwise very pleasant, was quite noisy. Like many posh restaurants, they just had too many waiting staff. Despite, or perhaps because of, that, the service was slow, although not drastically so (lunch took two hours). Trinity has an open kitchen and I'm pretty sure there were more FOH staff than cooks. That seems the wrong balance to me. Ironically, there was a A-board outside advertising vacancies for FOH staff. They absolutely didn't need more people on the occasion we were there.

Lloyd S

Amazing Restaurant
07 December 2020

A visit to Trinity Restaurant had been a long time coming so therefore I'm now delighted to say that after today I can finally cross it of my list. I'm also delighted to say that the expectations I had before were not only met but surpassed in every department as the food , wine & service was excellent. I'd seen chef Adam Byatt on the television many times and had become a big fan. Then with hearing amazing feedback from friends I have in the hospitality industry only enhanced our decision to visit his restaurant. So on a chilli sunny saturday we headed from essex to south west london. We arrived at Clapham Common and made the short five minute walk to the restaurant. We entered the restaurant and received a warm and friendly welcome before first having our temperature taken and then sanitising our hands. We were then escorted to our table which was just in front of the reception desk and gave us a great view of the open kitchen. We were then given the drinks menu to order an aperitif. We decided to order a beer and the Trinity gin & tonic which we enjoyed while look at the food menu. Then it was time to meet manager Ashley who came over and welcomed us to the restaurant before asking if we had any questions regarding the menu. On that front there was a choice of two menus the four course lunch or the six course tasting menu. Our decision was to opt for the lunch menu with an addition of a cheese course. Then it was time to meet the sommelier to choose some wine and after a little chat in which he was very helpful and made some great recommendations we finally came to a decision. We started with a some homemade crackers and a small selection of charcuterie. This was followed by our first basket of bread and butter.

First Course

This led us onto our first course where we chose the Warm Salad of Chestnuts , Jerusalem Artichoke & Black Truffle that was a rich yet fabulous dish. For myself I chose the Beef Tartare with Pickled Mushrooms & Oscietra Caviar which was absolutely stunning and definitely one of the best tartare's I've ever tasted.

Second Course

If the first courses were a delight then two more amazing dishes were about to follow as I ordered the Warm Goose Terrine en Croute with Pickled Walnuts that was simply heaven on a plate. My wife decided to go for the supplement dish and a favourite the Cacio e Pepe with White Truffles and the verdict was an outstanding success.

Third Course

Now it was time for the main course where my wife opted for the Blanquette of Cornish Monkfish that was beautifully cooked on the bone. I decided to keep my rich dish theme going with the Short Rib of Beef , Duchess Potatoes & Smoked Bone Marrow that once again was another amazing plate of food.

Cheese Course

Before moving on to dessert we decided to opt for a cheese course where you had the option to pick three out of the six cheeses available. We chose the Westcombe Cheddar , Beaufort Alpage & Cromwell Bishop Stilton. These were accompanied with a side salad , small baguette , apple & chutney.

Dessert

We now moved to dessert where we had already pre booked the Apple Tarte Tatin. Well let me put it this way when it was offered there was no way I could refuse. It came with Prune & Armagnac ice cream that really complimented the tarte and of course some cream. I have to say it was absolutely delicious.

So that's it and after finishing with tea & coffee our first visit to Trinity had come to an end. The food from Adam and his talented chefs was amazing as every dish was just bursting with an abundance of flavour , the sommelier was very good and the wines he recommended were perfect , the service led by manager Ashley was excellent as everyone was so friendly & professional. So it will now come as no surprise when I say that I would highly recommend a visit which is something I will definitely be doing again in the new year.

Thank You Adam , Ashley and all the team for a fantastic lunch and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

#SupportHospitality

Rob

29 July 2019
Great service and staff knowledge. A clean crisp and calming interior. Superb food that always hits the mark.

Mami K

26 July 2019
Exceptional, good food, good service & good portion.

ned T

08 July 2019
Always superb food rivalling pricier west end Michelin establishments with amazing value set lunches in this light and airy restaurant.

Charles G

08 July 2019
Perfect for a relaxed special occasion.

05 July 2019
Exquisite food, fabulous wine list and perfectly pitched service.

MARINA M

28 June 2019
Food, staff, food exceptional! Food is always beautifully presented and delicious!

Lucy H

28 June 2019
Always an amazing experience; from the minute you arrive the service is always spot on, and the menu always surprises and amazes!

Aoife D

10 July 2018
Wonderful inventive food in a smart but relaxed environment. Love this restaurant!

Other restaurants we like near Trinity

Book Trinity for people on at .