Towpath Café
Towpath Café
Bookings not required

Reservations are not required at Towpath Café.

If you'd like to speak to someone to discuss dining or any other query, call:

About Towpath Café

Towpath is the creation of Lori De Mori, an American Italian food writer and fanatic. Towpath Cafe caters for Breaksfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner with a variety of home made fayre from in-house chef Laura Jackson, and experienced barista Amanda Thompson making delicious coffees. Behind  the counter you’ll find a friendly, warm and family-like dynamic waiting to serve you with scrumptious treats and fine coffee imported directly from Caffe Piansa, Firenze, Italy.

Seeing as the weather has improved vastly at the time of writing this, there is some hope that summer is coming, If you need somewhere to ponder, or just to watch the world go by, you know where we are!

Cafes
Cool, Lively
Outside seating, Waterside
Dates

Location for Towpath Café

42 De Beauvoir Crescent, London, London, N1 5SB

Tues-Sun 8am-6pm (Sat 10am- Sun 11am- )

Reviews of Towpath Café

Ms/Mrs. Vicky R

Horrible service. Mean, rude and nasty.
21 July 2013
I went here once for breakfast about 6 months ago, asked for a Cappuccino made with soya milk. Grumpy waitress said, 'We don't do soya milk'. I asked, ‘Why?’ She said…'Because we don't'. I again asked ‘Why’. She replied, 'We can't stock every little faddy thing that everyone wants' in a very rude tone of voice. I replied that soya milk was pretty much bog standard in all cafes now. She then shrugged her best silent ‘So?’. I said…'OK, i'll go somewhere that does stock it'. As I walked away I looked back and she was laughing at me with the next customer and making faces. Thoroughly unpleasant, rude and uncalled for. Before I had to give up dairy for ‘heart reasons’ I used to go there often as it is lovely to sit by the canal. Having said that, the coffee, although tasty, is in a tiny cup and often lukewarm. There are too many good coffee shops around to treat loyal customers with such utter contempt. Shan't ever return. I'll go to one of the other 300 coffee shops in the area who stock ‘Faddy Soya Milk’.

Mr. Tom B

19 October 2011
Its hard to be anything like balanced and objective when you've just had your best meal of the year, it was for lunch, and you'd have gladly paid twice what you did and you would still be over the moon. Well I did just have probably my meal of the year, a genuinely stunning combination of the juiciest cumin lamb, frankly amazing spiced cauliflower and delicious crispy chickpeas. It was, honestly, sensational. The combination of the flavoured, pitch perfectly cooked lamb and two spiced vegetables was incredible. How do I know it wasn't just me? Well, my enthuisastic expletives aroused the curiousity of my mate to the point where he had to try some and it was quickly a case of two diners effusively swearing for all they were worth. How does it compare? The only meal that comes close this year was at Bistro Bruno Loubet. Both my mate and I agreed we'd have gladly paid twice what we did at the Towpath and still feel like were getting a spectacular meal. The chef is to be congratulated. I can't think of a better lunch I've had.

Mr. Ralph P

21 August 2011
Pretentious food, outdated ‘hippy’ atmosphere, bad contentious service! View? Algae + debris!

Other restaurants near Towpath Café

You are requesting to book Towpath Café for people on at .