The Slug and Lettuce, Hanover Street

Call The Slug and Lettuce, Hanover Street to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of The Slug and Lettuce, Hanover Street

The bold, brash Slug & Lettuce chain is the antithesis of the ‘best kept secret’ or ‘this little place I know’. It’s a bright & accessible pub empire with branches on high streets everywhere – including some so cleverly located they’re worth bearing in mind for that reason alone. Those on a tight budget will appreciate special offers including £5.95 main meals & ‘2-4-1’ desserts all day, while penny-pinching drinkers should put a date in the diary for Wednesday’s ‘wine times’ when all bottles are a recession-busting £10.95. Menus cover all bases, with a list of categories longer than some pubs’ full menus – curries, pastas, burgers, tostadas, wraps & more besides. The same goes for the drinks list, which panders to the current vogue for flavoured ciders, Pinot Grigio, strawberry mojitos & Goldschläger shots ‘depth-charged into Red Bull’.

Bars

Location for The Slug and Lettuce, Hanover Street

19–20 Hanover Street, London, W1S 1YR

Mon-Sat 10am-11pm Sun 12N-10.30pm

Reviews of The Slug and Lettuce, Hanover Street

Ms/Mrs. Catherine D

Ruined evening
13 August 2019

My daughter and I were enjoying a reunion with a friend in what appeared to be a friendly, warm environment. We ordered a soft drink and bottle of wine and dessert.

No problem until my friend ordered a second bottle which was unavailable. She reluctantly accepted another suggested bottle which turnef out to be foul!

I politely told the barman it was undrinkable. He agreed other customers had complained about this wine.

The bar manager then appeared and I explained I was happy to pay the extra for a decent bottle.

She said this was not possible and that I should be aware children are not allowed in pubs after 9 pm.

I found this insulting and irrelevant to the issue with the undrinkable wine which my friend had been persuaded to purchase.

I'm disgusted with the service and attitude of the bar manager.  .. also the suggestion I may have been unaware my daughter would not be allowed to stay after 9pm.

I would like to emphasise the barman was polite and understanding .

Perhaps he should be manager.

I was disappointed in such shoddy service and quality of wine at this establishment.

Disappointing service for the U.K.

Catherine Dillon

Other restaurants near The Slug and Lettuce, Hanover Street

You are requesting to book The Slug and Lettuce, Hanover Street for people on at .