The Northall at Corinthia Hotel London

British·
London, WC2N 5AE ·Website ·Call020 7321 3100

SquareMeal Review of The Northall at Corinthia Hotel London

Chef Andre Garrett, who won a Michelin star at Cliveden, is now well ensconced as the top toque at the five-star Corinthia Hotel with its double-height ceilings, picture-perfect blooms and general sense of opulence – check out the no-expense-spared crystal chandeliers and studded leather chairs. Despite the flowers and all-out sparkle, the overall mood is sufficiently masculine to make Woosterish out-of-towners feel right at home; elevated prices are also aimed squarely at expense accounts and money-no-object tourists. The kitchen knows its oats and is keen on vivid flavours and impressive treatments of quite beautiful ingredients that are fastidiously sourced and deceptively simple. Big hit dishes include Dover sole served on or off the bone, grilled or meunière, braised turbot with Hen of the Wood mushrooms, truffle purée and smoked velouté, and Norfolk Black Leg chicken with a terrific parmesan mash. Unrivalled truffled macaroni & cheese is also noteworthy. And don’t miss the expertly mixed, botanically infused cocktails in the swanky standalone bar.

British
Fine dining, Glamorous, Traditional, Widely spaced tables
Bottomless brunch, Breakfast
Child friendly

FAQs

Does The Northall restaurant have a Michelin star?

While the Northall appears on the Michelin guide it does not have a Michelin star. The restaurant’s head chef Andre Garrett also won a Michelin star for his previous restaurant, Cliveden House.

What is the restaurant at the Corinthia Hotel called?

Yep, you guessed it, The Northall is the restaurant at the Corinthia Hotel.

What is the menu like at The Northall?

The menu at The Northall is modern European and spans breakfast right through to dinner, plus everything in between. On the main menu you might start with a treacle cured trout before tucking in to a bowl of tiger prawn ravioli. Meat lovers might enjoy the selection of classics like fillet of beef or Devon lamb en croute.

Location for The Northall at Corinthia Hotel London

Corinthia Hotel, 10a Northumberland Avenue, London, WC2N 5AE

Mon-Sat 6-10.30am 12N-3pm 5.30-11pm Sun 7-11am 12N-3pm 5.30-11pm

Reviews of The Northall at Corinthia Hotel London

Kathryn D

27 June 2018
Excellent food and good service - can be a little slow on service when busy at lunchtime.

Jacqueline H

27 June 2018
Food fantastic. Service second to none. I love the atmosphere and the ambience there. Decor is beautiful.

Roberta P

09 May 2017
Great place, fantastic food and excellent service!

Yusef B

04 May 2017
If heaven had a restaurant, it would be the Northall!

Natalia P

06 May 2014
Very pleasant restaurant, staff were really attentive and happy to help. We were in the rush that evening and they advised us on the food options that would be ready in time and spoke to chef on our behalf. We were out on time. Food was beautifully presented and tasty. Very creative dishes with unusual flavour combinations worked well. e.g. pork belly and scallops. Definitely recommend to visit.

omena U

15 February 2012
I had dinner at The Northall on the 14th February 2012 for the first time and it will definately by my last . I went to your restaurant that night with high expectations. The meal and the service we received from your waiting staff was superb but the evening was ruined by the impoliteness from a member of staff. I had made my booking on Monday 13th February 2012 via toptable.com for the special offer of three courses and a glass of Laurent Perrier champagne for £25. I received a confirmation of my booking from the site later that day. On the night of the meal, 2 hours before our arrival I spoke to a gentleman to verify my booking and he confirmed that they had. When presented with the bill at the end of the meal I noticed that there had been an error with the amount we were charged for our meal. I brought this to the attention of the waiter who then called the maitre d' over. I explained to him that there had been a mistake; we had not ordered the valentines menu but the special offer of three meals and a glass of champagne for £25. The maitre d' then proceeded to tell me that the restaurant was not taking toptable bookings that evening and diners had been contacted and made aware of this. I explained that no one had called me but I had called the restaurant two hours before arriving and at no point during my conversation did he tell me of this. I also showed him a confirmation of my booking on my smart phone (a copy of this has been enclosed with the letter). He also highlighted that on the menu we were given it stated it was the valentines menu. I told him I did not see this and it is not my job to highlight to the staff at the restaurant of my specific booking. This should have been dealt with before we were shown to our seats and given the correct menus. Afterwards we were given another bill with the correct amount. I found his manner and approach to the situation both abrasive and condescending. I was made to feel like a liar in front of the other diners. His retort of “have a nice evening” and walking off mid-conversation was very unprofessional. If this is the kind of staff they employ then they need to re-evaluate their hiring policies. A pleasant evening was ruined by the actions of an ill-mannered member of staff. The other staff were very attentive and I would have scored them a 7 for services but due to the behaviour of one person I am only giving them a one.

Other restaurants we like near The Northall at Corinthia Hotel London

Smith & Wollensky

The Rooftop St. James
Trafalgar Square

The Rooftop St. James

Book The Northall at Corinthia Hotel London for people on at .