Call Kerridge's Bar & Grill to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Kerridge's Bar & Grill

Celeb chef Tom Kerridge’s first London opening is slightly off the beaten track between Embankment tube and Trafalgar Square, but his fame and reputation – and the skill of his kitchen – have ensured that, for Londoners at least, this outpost within the Corinthia hotel has becomes as covetable as his two Michelin-starred Marlow gastropub The Hand and Flowers.

David Collins Studio has done its best to make the high-ceilinged space (formerly Massimo’s) feel more intimate, with diners grouped around clubby leather banquettes, but clattery acoustics can make conversation a tad difficult and some readers have been underwhelmed by the ‘pubby’ vibe.

However, there are no quibbles when it comes to the “sublime” food delivered by Kerridge’s kitchen brigade. The menu naturally includes a few treasured H&F classics, which are lovingly reproduced but also luxed up for the London market and tweaked to telling effect: the signature glazed omelette of smoked haddock and Parmesan, for example, is winningly pimped up with lobster, the meat so sweet that the fabulously decadent concoction eats like a soufflé.

Other ideas arrive newly minted but showcase Kerridge’s talent for invigorating classic British cookery without losing any of its lip-smacking gutsiness. A pig’s cheek pie is basically a pork pie by another name, but the buttery pastry lifts it into another realm entirely, while a devilled sauce (taking the place of mustard) is there to cut through the richness. By contrast, a brown butter tart with buttermilk ice cream is a pure and simple sweet delight.

There are decent vegetarian options, too, while pre-theatre menus and bar snacks such as venison sausage rolls and Welsh rarebit should appeal to show-goers from the nearby Strand. To drink, draught beers, gins and 20 English sparklers keep the flag flying for Britain; elsewhere, a big-name wine list shows the benefit of hotel funding.

About Kerridge's Bar & Grill

Kerridge's Bar & Grill is renowned chef Tom Kerridge’s first London restaurant and finds its home within the Corinthia London hotel in Whitehall. Famous for his pubs of exceptional standards, like The Hand and Flowers in Marlow, Kerridge’s love of big, bold flavours are seen in his latest venture too, something akin to pub classics punters know and love. Helping him take things to new heights is his head chef Nick Beardshaw who joins Kerridge in his love of British cooking.

Interiors have been created with luxury in mind, so that guests feel calm and comfortable in the cosy space. Rich red leather banquette seating is built in curves to allow for a feeling of privacy around round tables, while a chef’s table is open to a section of kitchen that allows VIP guests an insight into the workings of the skilled professionals making their meals. Elsewhere wooden bookshelves hold cookery tomes and encase wine fridges, while there’s also a generously sized bar for guests to unwind at after a long day of sightseeing or business.

With everything from pre- and post-theatre menus through to vegetarian and vegan sets there is something here for everyone. The classic chef-chosen six course option begins with chicken liver parfait before moving through dishes like mushroom risotto and treacle roasted fillet of beef with chips and béarnaise sauce. The feast is finished off with a tonka bean panna cotta with rhubarb sorbet, honeycomb and ginger. Sundays, as you might expect, bring elevated roast dinners; pork belly with roasted onions and horseradish cream, say, or dry aged rib of beef with Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes.

For guests enjoying drinks at the bar there is also a small snacks menu which includes pub favourites like pork crackling (with Kerridge’s signature twist coming in the form of gherkin ketchup), devils on horseback or Welsh rarebit on toast.

British

Reviews of Kerridge's Bar & Grill

Mr. Lloyd S

Fantastic Celebration Lunch
15 December 2019

This was a fantastic way to celebrate the 60th Wedding Anniversary of my wife's parents. The food was amazing , the service was excellent and all this in a fabulous location. It was back in August when me and my wife popped in for a cocktail that we decided this would be a great place to bring her parents for their anniversary celebrations. This was due to the friendliness of the staff , the look of the dining room and at the time having a quick chat with manager Matthew. So on Thursday we headed to the Corinthia Hotel to do just that. On our arrival we entered the main entrance to the hotel and walked through the hotel to Kerridge's so my wife and her father could have a look around as they used to work in the building some years ago. When we arrived at the Bar & Grill we were given a lovely welcome and took a seat at a reserved table for a pre lunch drink in the bar.

After our drinks we were then escorted through to the end of the beautiful dining room where we were seated in a delightful and comfortable booth. It was then at this point that Manager Matthew came over firstly to welcome us and then to say that for my wife's mum who had dietary requirements to just order any dish that she liked and they would adapt it for her liking. This I thought was an excellent gesture on their part. There was a choice of three menus the Festive Menu , a Classic Tasting Menu and what we decided to choose the A la Carte. Once we had chosen our courses we then on discussion with the sommelier we chose a fabulous Portuguese Dao Prunus 2016 a nice fruity red wine with flavours of black cherry , plum and raspberry. It was also at this point where we enjoyed a delightful snack of Parmesan Gougeres.

It was now on to our first course where we ordered the Salt Cod Scotch Egg , the Claude's Mushroom Risotto , the Glazed Omelette Lobster Thermidor and the Duck Leg , Black Pudding & Pistachio Terrine. All the dishes were an absolute delight and full of amazing flavour especially the Lobster and my Terrine.

Next to come were with now high expectations were the mains and yes we definitely weren't let down hear at all. We chose the Pigs Cheek Pie with Clotted Cream Mash , Crispy Black Pudding & Devilled Sauce , the Lamb Rump with Merguez Sausage , Smoked Aubergine & a Spinach & Goats Cheese Pastilla. The other dish was the Mussels Mariniere with Warm Stout which was on the tasting menu and adapted into an A la Carte main course. Each course I think we all agreed we're simply stunning and accompanied by Garlic Roasted Hispi Cabbage & Crispy Chunky Chips.

After a nice and well deserved rest it was time for desserts and if the first two courses were amazing we finished in heaven with these fabulous treats. Our choices were the Brown Butter Tart with Buttermilk Ice Cream , the Dark Chocolate Pudding with Crystallised Malt Biscuit & Malted Ice Cream. My choice was the Peanut Butter & White Chocolate 'Paris-Brest' with Salted Coffee Caramel which I have to say is one of the best desserts I've had in a long time it was pure indulgence.

We finished with tea & coffee to round off a simply fabulous afternoon. The food as I said at the beginning was amazing. I'd like to Thank Matthew and his team for looking after us and making sure everything was ok especially for my wife's parents. This was a fantastic dining experience and one I would highly recommend and I for one will definitely be returning in the not to distant future.

Ms/Mrs. Kirsty A

Simply divine
28 November 2018
Tom Kerridge has outdone himself with the design of this restaurant, his amazing staff from front of house, waiting and kitchen you couldn't fault it. I was taking my mother for her birthday and we managed to get a table where we both could see the rest of the restaurant definitely a great idea for two ladies! The food was sublime from the mushroom risotto to the mandarin souffle. The extra touches of a birthday card for my mother and the writing on her dessert plate. Just made you feel extremely special!

Tobyb1

A tale of twi halves.
24 September 2018
When I walked into the restaurant my heart sank, I think they were attempting to create a gastro Pub atmosphere, all a bit clumsy in my opinion. especially when you walk through from the main hotel which is all marble,bone china and white linen. But my heart was lifted with the food, outstanding sublime, easily the best meal I have had this year. Everything was faultless, the venison melt in your mouth and the Lobster omelette a winner. My guests where equally impressed, and the service knowledgeable and attentive. Can't wait to go back, brilliant food.

Other restaurants near Kerridge's Bar & Grill

You are requesting to book Kerridge's Bar & Grill for people on at .