The Ivory Tusk

Indian

SquareMeal Review of The Ivory Tusk

With spotlights set into the white ceiling and abstract prints on the white walls, this light and airy neighbourhood Indian looks very different to your cliché ‘flock wallpaper’ curry house, while readers confirm that it delivers “top-class” and “amazingly delicious” cuisine. Inside, it’s a relaxed, informal kind of place with plenty of buzz and chatter as Shepperton locals tuck into the kitchen’s spicy offerings. ‘Shuruat’ appetisers of salmon tikka, samosas, dosas and pakoras sharpen the appetite, ahead of sizzling grilled meats from the tandoor, various biryanis and a cluster of curries ranging from the standard kormas, bhunas and dhansaks to more unusual-sounding ideas such as creamy chicken with ground pistachios, kata gosht (marinated lamb in a sauce finished with Worcestershire sauce) or tangy monkfish narekel (cooked with coconut milk). All-in thalis offer a bit of everything, while rice, breads and vegetables fit the bill perfectly.
Ayala female chef series Ayala female chef series

Good to know about The Ivory Tusk

Mon-Sun 12N-2.30pm 6-11.30pm

Reviews of The Ivory Tusk

angry and upset
17 April 2018
We have been going to the Ivory Tusk for years to get a curry and they keep raising their prices (now £8.95 for what I get!!!) meanwhile they have been making the portions smaller and smaller. Tonight we went and got one and I'm not even joking, when I opened up my curry there was just under half there. I was so angry that I drove back and complained. The manager was quick to come over (as he obviously didn't like the fact that the three customers in there could hear me shouting) He took the curries off. Eventually when he came out, he said he had the chef remake it and he had 'chucked the rice in his face' and had him fill it more and gave some poppidoms for free (two of them) to say sorry (which they are so stingy they don't even give any sauces with it!) and added some extra rice as that was something else I complained was in shortage. We got home and I realised that it was practically boiling (which I have NEVER had in a curry no matter how quick I have it after it's been made) and when I put it in my bowl it was very runny. When tasting it too, it had NO flavour. So clearly to add insult to injury they must have just added boiling water to make up the rest. My father then called and asked to speak to the manager and suddenly in this (now empty as the three people left before me) place, yet he was far too busy to speak to him. Clearly avoiding the phone call. Dad said to tell him that they have lost a customer and suddenly a couple mins later the manager was available to talk to him so called back. He claimed that they had made the meals from fresh (which I don't possibly understand how they could have in 10 mins) What I don't understand is; do they really feel they are fooling people? If you treat your customers like fools, you will lose your customers. Simple.

Other restaurants near The Ivory Tusk

You are requesting to book The Ivory Tusk for people on at .