Call The Hoxton Pony to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of The Hoxton Pony

When he’s not overseeing Baroque at the Playboy Club, Gerry Calabrese is entertaining a democratic mix of Joey Essex boys, stylists, catwalk models and Gucci-clad wannabes at his studiedly quirky pop-art/kitsch funhouse. Taxidermy and teacups filled with top-notch cocktails are the thing in the street-level bar, where sharp mixologists serve twisted takes on the classics. Try Mexican thyme (a leftfield margarita), the countess (a postmodern Negroni) or Johnny cobbler. Alternatively, trip out on Sergeant Pepper (gin, crème de mûre, Punt e Mes and Fernet Branca) or club together downstairs for one of the £50 ‘infusion jars’such as Hoxton market (a fruit cup built on Calabrese’s love it/loathe it grapefruit and coconut Hoxton gin). After that, ride ya pony to a mash-up of house, hip-hop, reggae and beats spun by cutting-edge DJs.

Bars

Tues-Thurs 5pm-12M (Thurs-1am) Fri-Sat 6pm-2am

Reviews of The Hoxton Pony

Ms/Mrs. Caroline G

16 December 2010
amazing amazing place! I discovered it around a half year ago and it's the best bar and club in the area! I go there almost every week and definitely will be there for NYE. My friends and I have already booked our tickets! Can't literally wait!

Mr. Stephen H

03 December 2010
I and couple of my friends couple nights ago and had an absolutely amazing time. The drinks, the music, the girls all on point. A great night.

Ms/Mrs. Cindy D

12 November 2010
I went out to celebrate one of my closest friends brithday and we had the most fun , exciting firday i have had in a long time. The guys at the door were great, the staff was kind and polite. Some of the most amazing cocktail drinks ever with cute tea cups. The music, the food and the atmosphere were all worth it. Beautiful way to start my weekend. Keep up the good job.

Ms/Mrs. Helen T

07 June 2010
I love the Hoxton Pony! The cocktails are so yummy, and it is a nice friendly atmosphere. The waiters and staff are friendly and it is a nice atmosphere. In fact everything pushes you to make party. You must try the Tea party, just amazing !!! I will definitely be going back

Ms/Mrs. Mittal S

26 May 2009
After months of finally overcoming apprehensions on visiting Hoxton Pony (from friends and myself), we finally made it last Friday night and it was certainly an interesting night. Having rarely gone out in Shoreditch it was certainly an eye opener, but one surprise was the abundance of essex girls in this place. It was leggings and high heels galore in one corner of the bar but thankfully not directly in my eyeline. The drinks (which were the reason for dragging my friends here) were in a word perfect (bar one – which was admittedly a dodgy choice for me). inspired, well constructed, divine to behold and not at all overly priced. The same concoctions would probably set you back for double in the W1 area. Service is also fab and doesn't dwindle to non existent when the bar crowds up, something of a rarity and I especially like that the staff are trained to match drinks to indivudual taste by way of a mini verbal questionnaire. The experience in general was pleasant and unique but there were exceptions. The DJ though great once he got started, did have a rather extensive warm up session in which there were a few audible mishaps. The other thing is this ongoing malarky of missing tea party bookings, which are definitely not a one off (as the previous review details). On the night I went there was also another such party (in reference to said essex girls, above) who were livid with the establishment for not having a clue about their booking and subsequently ruining the birthday girl's night – also a 30th birthday (is there some reason as to why those turning 30 choose HP, is it a sudden preference for SKA music and travelling to E. London on the eve of this milestone?). All in all, one to experience for those seeking heaven in a glass, but if your a perfectionist for liquid delights in equally pleasing aesthetic surroundings, stick to places such as Sketch and the like.

Ms/Mrs. Shona L

11 January 2009
Booked the Hoxton Pony tea party at the beginning of December to celebrate my 30th for me and 20 friends. Was very difficult to get in touch but persevered and received a confirmation. Having read some reviews on this site and others re people turning up but not having record of the booking I went prepared with the confirmation e-mail. Turned up at the door to be told they had no record of my booking. Some arguing, with what may have been one of the rudest bar staff/managers I have had the displeasure to come across. tried to blame me and said I'd made up teh booking, had to back down when I showed the confirmation. Managed to find a table for us (although had we been any later we wouldn't have been so lucky) and offered free bar food, as they couldn't provide the tea party as it hadn't been ordered. Most of the food went to waste, as it was all hot and people were arriving at different times, so the novelty of the whole thing was lost! Infusion jars were overpriced and oversweet, very strong though and the teacups were cute. Amusingly some other people I knew had also booked tea parties for their 30th birthdays that night too, and when they turned up they claimed not to know anything about their booking too! I mean, sort it out! Did feel sorry for the wait staff who had to deal with it all, one girl tried hard to make up for it but the whole night had been spoilt from the off. Full of essex wannabees trying to be a bit ‘shoreditch’, falling all over the place and throwing drinks about and the dj was shocking…could have done better myself, and that's saying something! Only reason we stayed is because it was too difficult to let everyone else know that we'd moved. All in all completely spoiled my birthday. Won't be back, avoid at all costs! And if you must, make sure you book by e-mail and have some confirmation. Be prepared to be very disappointed!

Other restaurants near The Hoxton Pony

You are requesting to book The Hoxton Pony for people on at .