The Duke's Head Putney

Gastropub

Call The Duke's Head Putney to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of The Duke's Head Putney

There’s no better public place to watch the Boat Race than from The Duke’s Head’s glass-fronted dining room overlooking the river – although it’s a pretty fine space to while away an hour or two on any day of the year. Hugos and Fionas are as likely to be part of the staff as the clientele here (public-school accents dominate), but the service is prompt and polite. This is a proper pub serving four real ales on tap, while there’s also a decent wine list. There have been reports of a fall in standards in the kitchen, but a recent visit suggests that this is just a blip –  pub grub such as haddock and chips or sausage and mash with lashings of onion gravy are perfectly fine in an unfussy way.

Good to know about The Duke's Head Putney

Gastropub

The Duke's Head Putney is featured in

Best restaurants in Putney

Location for The Duke's Head Putney

8 Lower Richmond Road, SW15 1JN

Opening Times of The Duke's Head Putney

Mon-Sun12N-12M (Fri-Sat -1am Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of The Duke's Head Putney

Esther P

17 June 2012
I attended a friends birthday party at the Duke's on Friday night, and what an amazing experience we had. We were a large a group and the staff were very accomodating, even when extras turned up and we had to rearrange seating etc. I ordered the salt and pepper squid to start and it was delicious, especially the sauce it was served with. Then I had the chicken pot pie, which was amazing and ridiculously filling. Every body at the table was very impressed with the quality of the food and service. We all had such a wonderful experience and I will be definately going back.

Mr. Phil E

05 April 2010
I found this place a year ago and was always really impressed with the food, atmosphere, etc. It's still a great building in a great location, but I went there again tonight and it seems the standard of food has taken a huge drop. Their hamburger and fries used to be a really gourmet gastro-pub meal – now it's like something you'd get from a van outside of a railway station at midnight. Judging by what I saw and tried from my wife's plate, it seems the drop off in food standards is across the board… very disappointing and we won't be going back again. I asked the waitress if anything had changed, and she said it was now an entirely new kitchen staff.

Other restaurants near The Duke's Head Putney