SquareMeal Review of The Driver

Ostensibly a members’ club – but open to all – The Driver is a genuine all-rounder aimed at the King’s Cross media crowd & local trendies. The huge designer-driven site boasts no fewer than five floors of high-style pleasure, moving skywards from a wooden-floored boozer at street level to a classy, bijou rooftop bar. The menu served in the grown-up dining room plays it straight, & consistent standards make it a good fit for client dining. Moules marinière might start proceedings, ahead of honest-to-goodness beer-battered cod & chips or even a recherché antelope & Guinness pie. Sunday brings a choice of roasts, while summer rooftop BBQs are priced at £20/£25 a head, depending on how deluxe you go. Other floors yield wackily designed spaces for lounging, dancing & general partying throughout the week.

Gastropub

Mon-Fri 4.30pm-12am (Fri -3am) Sat 6pm-12am

Reviews of The Driver

Ms/Mrs. nicola H

09 April 2014
Food wasn't cheap but no where near overpriced, but everything was worth it! I had a perfect meal with all my girlfriends and they all enjoyed themselves as much as I did. Service was great and food was even better. Looks amazing inside and we all felt very welcome!!! We will be eating at the driver again soon.

Ms/Mrs. Anne M

28 September 2012
I work locally so regularly go to this gastro pub. Each time the food has been tasty, however the service is always lacking. On one occasion, we were told off by the stroppy waitress because we didn't present a toptable confirmation as a printout, but on my phone. Today, I had a £10 toptable cheque to use. Following toptable's instructions to present it at the end of the meal to any toptable restaurant, I was brusquely told by the manager that they do not accept “these”. Upon querying, she went downstairs, then came back 2mins later, dumped the cheque in front of me, said “fine” and walked off. This is frankly rude and unacceptable as a paying customer. any restaurant who belongs at toptable should make the effort to know all /offers.

Mr. Duncan H

13 February 2010
I work near The Driver and it is always my first choice for casual business lunching. I think the food is better than implied in the main review. I would heartly recommend.

Other restaurants near The Driver

You are requesting to book The Driver for people on at .