The Botanist Broadgate Circle

British

About The Botanist Broadgate Circle

This new addition to the ETM family (The Cadogan Arms, The Botanist Sloane Square, et al) is already thriving. In addition to a dominating central bar – fed by gleaming Meantime lager tanks – it is nourished by underground roots where the basement Soda Room resides: a plush nightclub playing beats echoed in the street-level restaurant. Sepia tones and dimmed spotlights define the decor, along with taxidermy ranging from pressed butterflies to a flapping swan. The menu incorporates a sturdy selection of European standards, alongside Billingsgate market’s daily catch and various steaks. Our starter of English asparagus (proudly touted as the season’s first) with pecorino was an appealingly light bite, while an Essex ham hock pie – classically presented with a glazed top – arrived bursting with meat. Prices display the typical City premium, but portions are generous, and the international wine list includes good-value flights. A dependable City workhorse of decent quality.

Good to know about The Botanist Broadgate Circle

Unit T5, Broadgate Circle, EC2M 2QS

Opening Times of The Botanist Broadgate Circle

Mon-Fri 8am-12am Sat 10am-12am

Reviews of The Botanist Broadgate Circle

Disgusting Service - made to pay for event we could not attend, due to a family member being hospitalised.
22 November 2018
Both my girlfriend and I were unable to attend a group bottomless brunch event on Saturday, as her dad was rushed to hospital on Friday. We phoned on Friday to advise that we could not attend because of this unforeseen circumstance and were told by a member of staff that we would not have to pay for this. The group on the day were then made to pay for us, even though we did not attend and advised that we could not. After much discussion, the restaurant agreed to refund one of us and not the other. I complained immediately after on Saturday and was told I would have to phone on Monday for a refund. Come Monday, I was told to wait for a response as they were investigating it. After numerous calls I had to make to try and get an answer, I have been told 4 days later they will not issue a refund. No common decency, especially after being told I would be refunded.

Good spot for after work drinks
05 May 2017
I personally have never eaten here, I didn't really like the look of the menu to be honest with you. Whenever I've sat for tea during the day or after work drinks the place has always had a friendly buzz, service is a little touch and go when they're busy, especially in busy summer evenings (but there are huge amounts of city slickers enjoying post work beers) I think this will tighten the longer they are open.

Dire beyond belief
05 May 2016
Had dinner for five last night, and if you like eating in a night club atmosphere, then this could be the place for you. However this is not the end, our waitress didn't write down our orders, which meant there was always one person who had to enjoy the rest of the group finishing their starter or main whilst they waited far from ideal. Otherwise the menu didn't deliver either as it was suppose to be British beef week with specific dishes available which was far from the mark, the two special beef pie ordered where more of a carrot soup mixture than anything else and had to be eaten with a spoon!! Thus in conclusion, this is a pretty poor attempt, and a real mark downwards for the ETM group as a whole, given the wide selection available in the broadgate circle area, why anyone would put themselves through a similar experience I can only but beg to ask.

Ms/Mrs. Charlotte H

I love it here
23 July 2015
I went to the Botanist for after work drinks and nibbles with colleagues. The atmosphere is great and is perfect on a sunny evening. The food was really nice, we had chips, fish fingers, hummous and mini sausages, all were great. The music starts at 7pm and there is a late night bar downstairs. I will be going back and would recommend it.

Other restaurants near The Botanist Broadgate Circle