The Betjeman Arms

Pubs

About The Betjeman Arms

You have to wonder what Sir John Betjeman, who famously saved St Pancras from the wrecking ball, would make of this Geronimo Inns pub named in his honour. It certainly has the seasons covered, from a warren of refectory rooms for cooler months to a large summer terrace overlooking Euston Road – although inattentive & offhand service can take the edge off things. A popular breakfast selection delivers everything from eggy bread with maple syrup to sausage sarnies, while the short all-day menu is pure pub grub: prawn cocktail, lamb steak with rosemary potatoes, rainbow trout with a watercress & potato salad, & suchlike. Beer drinkers should make a beeline for the decent selection of hoppy brews (including the eponymous Betjeman Ale) & there are plenty of good wines, too.

Good to know about The Betjeman Arms

Pubs

Location for The Betjeman Arms

Unit 53, St Pancras International, London, N1 4QL

Opening Times of The Betjeman Arms

Mon-Sun 9am-11pm

Reviews of The Betjeman Arms

30 May 2013

This is the third time I've made a booking at The Betjeman for our travel group. The venue was packed but as usual all the staff were friendly and efficient. One was exceptional, the young girl with brown hair who was serving us I don’t remember her name, but she was stand-out great. The food was also excellent, the slow cooked pork belly with apple jam and spring greens was particularly delicious. We will definitely come again soon.

07 June 2012

Oh dear – nipped in here after picking up a visitor who arrived at King's Cross – hoping to soak up a bit of the fab St Pancras history/splendour. Briefly – as has been noted by a past reviewer – there were plenty of staff buzzing around who disappeared as soon as we entered. Not greeted very nicely, waited ages to have our order taken (waitress surly when I finally caught her attention and I asked if I needed to order at the bar), waited even longer for the food to arrive (45 minutes – a sandwich and a skate). To be fair, the skate was yummy however I did not enjoy having to pick up the accompanying mange tout with my fingers so that I could remove the tough ‘seam’ before eating them. My visitor's toasted sandwich was freezing cold and unremarkable. Only a flicker of warmth from the waitress once I'd ordered the bill (after rubber necking to catch someone's attention again). I think she hoped for a tip on top of the service charge included. I know she hoped in vain.

28 June 2010

I popped into this very interesting looking establishment to kill time before my train. There seemed to be many staff rushing about,all doing something very important, but not serving the handful of customers who were waiting. I eventually was served and asked for a plate of soup with bread [a fiver ] and was told by the rather scruffy grubby looking staff member in a patronising fashion that I could have a bowl of soup not a plate !! Needless to say the soup arrived in a soup plate ! I don't think I will return to this place

Other restaurants near The Betjeman Arms