The Abbeville

Gastropub

SquareMeal Review of The Abbeville

A quiet neighbourhood hostelry in the heart of ‘Abbeville Village’, The Abbeville has been given the full gastropub makeover. There’s mismatched furniture, painted bare-brick walls, French windows and a mezzanine dining area. The menu doesn’t stray far from the tried and tested gastro stalwarts, but the kitchen isn’t shy of using up-to-the-minute flavours such as beef onglet given a burn with horseradish paste and served with fries and spinach, or sea bream teamed with potatoes and chorizo. The bar menu has a forte in fried fish. A decent wine list is helpfully divided into varietals, but drinkers who prefer the grain have well-kept beers (including Timothy Taylor Landlord) to pique their interest. The local Olivers and Emmas love the place, and it makes a great venue for parties.

Good to know about The Abbeville

Gastropub
Group dining [8+]

The Abbeville is featured in

Dog-friendly restaurants in London

Location for The Abbeville

67-69 Abbeville Road, SW4 9JW

Opening Times of The Abbeville

Mon-Sun 11am-11pm (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of The Abbeville

12 May 2014
I have been coming to the Abbeville since the beginning many years ago. It does not dissappoint. Good food, good service, atmosphere. Best burgers in town. This time I ordered the special thai salmon fishcake starter which was superb, just wish I had ordered it as a main with double portion! There is a new menu so go and try. This place is always busy with buzzy atmosphere. Service always friendly and efficient.

Leanne F

Great food, service and atmosphere!
03 October 2013
As a local we frequently go to the Abbeville. Its a great old english pub with loads of character. The menu is always good and as a vegetarian find they are a little bit more creative with the choices…even if it is a pasta or risotto it is never dull. Service is always friendly. Highly recommend it, if you are a local you definitely should have it on your regular restaurant list but it is worth the travel if you live further away. *make sure you book ahead!

Ellen F

I think it was good....
29 April 2013
The mezzanine level at The Abbeville is a lovely spot for a group booking for a casual lunch or, in in the case of my recent visit, a not so casual, stomach-lining, champagne-swigging, hen-day launch. I should say upfront that it was just over a week ago, I drank a lot of bubbles at the time and have drunk a lot of bubbles since, so you might want to take my thoughts with a pinch of salt. A pinch of salt though was exactly what my starter, some pork belly roll things which I can't find on the online menu to give you a more accurate description, needed. The meat itself was tender but lacked the salty ooooomph of a Bodean's or Big Easy pulled pork mouthful and whilst the kitchen might be aiming for something more elegant that shouldn't mean giving up the seasoning altogether. I followed with a chicken ballotine, again something I can't find on the online menu to describe better, so thumbs up to the extensive and ever-changing specials menu on which my meal must have appeared. I remember the meat being a bit wetly mushroomy on the inside with a slightly dry parma type coating on the outside. It is entirely possible however that my tastebuds had been sacrificed on the altar to Bacchus though so don't take my word for it. I fear I am picking holes in what was otherwise a very enjoyable meal and I should say I ate the lot and so did everyone else who sampled everything from elegant grilled fish to but-gusting burgers, but the dish which got the most food envy was an amazing looking pie of the day, for which, unsurprisingly, I cannot find any better online description. Service was exactly what you'd expect from a good neighbourhood gastro-pub handling 15 over-excited ladies. We went on to a recording studio 5 mins away, something which thanks to immortalisation in CD format, I will never be able to forget.

Ms/Mrs. Allie K

17 February 2009
The Abbeville is a lovely local pub with great food, classic design and lots of character! The service is good, the food is very tasty and varies regularly – they also seem to use really good ingredients. The burger is huge with some of the best chips in South West London! They also have a good selection of beers and wines of all types. You should save room for dessert as they are usually delicious. All in all a great “gastro” pub without being stylish, poncy or too expensive. It does get busy most nights, even early in the week, so I always book a table to make sure.

Other restaurants near The Abbeville

You are requesting to book The Abbeville for people on at