Call Siam Central to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Siam Central

Ever-popular Siam Central may take its name from a bygone term for Thailand, but this is hardly a set from The King & I. Instead, it’s east meets the rest: the latest chart-toppers play overhead, while a young crowd choose from two menus – standard & ‘tapas’. The first is a familiar run through the likes of chicken pad thai, Penang duck curry, stir-fried beef with chilli & basil or mango mousse. By contrast, the small-plates selection borrows from China (prawn toasts & dumplings), as well as offering chicken satay & Singha beer-battered seafood. Cooking can occasionally lack authenticity (western ingredients in the green mango salad) & pleasant staff have been known to keep diners waiting. But if you’re looking for a cheap Thai with a bit of style, this place fits the bill.

Thai

Location for Siam Central

14 Charlotte Street, London, W1T 2LX

Mon-Fri 12N-11pm (Fri -11.30pm) Sat-Sun 1-11pm (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Siam Central

Joe

Mr Manager: MUST YOU REALLY???
09 August 2019

REVIEW: RESTAURANT: SIAM RESTAURANT - Charlotte Street

For the service on 06Aug2019 at 1300H I give you zero star.

A very close friend of mine looked rather overwhelmed that morning so I decided to take him for a walk on a glorious sunny day. We ended up wandering the streets of Goodge Street that we decided to have lunch over at Siam Restaurant in Charlotte street. We have eaten here a number of times and the food has always been very good and so we chose to go to this restaurant. We were greeted by a female staff who showed us to our seat which was by the glass window. As we sat down my friend started to become quite emotional, I noticed him being very upset, and I could not help my eyes to well up too. By this time, tables around us were filling up other customers. My friend requested to change seats and so I found a discreet place where there were empty spaces in a quiet corner of the restaurant. I stood and approached the same staff who led us to our seats earlier and was told she cannot move us because there were only two of us the table I was requesting to be moved to is a five chaired table. And so we stayed where we were and throughout choosing what to eat till the food was served, my friend was discreetly in tears. It broke my heart to see my friend upset like that and whatever the reason were, I sat there and be with my friend.

We finished eating and I asked for the bill. It amounted to £33.00 (inclusive of a 10% "OPTIONAL SERVICE CHARGE"). I requested for the service charge to be removed and the female staff said she needed to consult the manager. She came back with a bill amounting to £31.00. The staff asked why and I mentioned that it was because our request of being transferred to more discreet corner of the restaurant was not accommodated. She replied "but this is business", which I completely acknowledged although I was disappointed by that reasoning. But I don't like the conflict and just got up and decided to aim for the door out.

Halfway, we were stopped by the manager and asked if there was a problem with the service. As I started explain the manager cut me off and was told "Next time get a take away". I had to ask what he meant and the manager repeated saying, "Next time get a take away".

Was it the way I looked or what I was wearing that day that you think you should pass me that comment. Did you imply Mr Manager for us to never to consider to go to Siam Restaurant, instead "get a take away" when we next feel like we wanted to eat out. I acknowledge that you may refuse to accommodate my request despite genuine reasons and I was willing to let it go. But I find your response as unnecessary, disrespectful of my rights, and unkind.

The managers response was the least I expected for a facility where customer service should be utmost importance. I did not feel the compassion in the service. I do not wish anyone else to experience this kind of treatment only because one did not feel they should pay for an "optional service charge", therefore I request that this be investigated. Should anyone has contact details I can use to forward an official complain, kindly send me a private message so I can escalate this issue further.

N T

Fantastic dinner!
07 December 2014
My husband and I decided to visit Siam Central after a walk through London. Despite not having a reservation, the staff did their best to get us a seat. The food was absolutely wonderful-we can't wait to go back! Despite being so crowded, the staff were friendly, attentive and well informed about the menu. Our waiter assisted my husband with his choice-the Jungle Curry-which my husband loved! We will definitely be back!

David L

terrible service, abusive, overcharge tip, dissapointing food
25 October 2014
The food was really bland. Meat not fresh, not much flavour. I was charged nearly 20% tip, queried it and was verbally attacked and thrown out of restaurant. I was told I must pay tip and did not have a choice. They defended overcharging me tip. The owner was exceptionally aggressive and abusive toward my friends and myself. With so many other restaurants with similar quality food at a better price, I don't see why anyone would bother going here. Not worth the abuse. I felt disgusted by owners behaviour.

Ms/Mrs. Vyta P

Worst Customer Service in London!
01 June 2013
This was one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had at a restaurant. Upon coming in, we were immediately informed that they will be very busy and will not have enough seats, so we only had 1.5 hours to eat our meal and then get out. Even though we gave several looks of shock to the waitress, she kept pointing at her watch and repeating the same information for another 15 minutes. We were completely surprised with such mistreatment and were about to leave if not for our friends who were meeting us at the place. Ultimately, the restaurant never got full and we left outraged at such unprofessional and inferior service. NEVER coming back. They deserve to close.

Mr. Sean W

22 February 2011
Took a guest speaker and three colleagues out to dinner here. The food was okay, but I was shocked when they asked us to leave after 90 minutes. Literally we had just finished our coffee/dessert and they asked us to leave, since apparently they had overbooked. Our group spent something like 85 pounds here. I was simply shocked by the horribly rude treatment we were given. I would recommend avoiding this place, at least if you want to be treated decently.

Mr. Oliver S

14 September 2008
Considering the number of good Thai restaurants in London, it's hard to find one that stands out but Siam Central does just that. There is a wide range of 'tapas' / starter dishes and the mains cover the usual Thai mainstays as well as some more original dishes. Our meal there last night was very good; salt & pepper squid was both light and tender and the chilli and basil chicken stir fry had exactly the right amount of heat, without overpowering the delicate flavours of the dish. The drunken noodles also come highly recommended! This was our second visit and we will definitely return soon.

Other restaurants near Siam Central

You are requesting to book Siam Central for people on at .