Royal China - Fulham Road

Chinese, Dim Sum

Call Royal China - Fulham Road to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Royal China - Fulham Road

For a mini-chain with a strong reputation for upmarket Chinese food in premier spots such as Baker Street, Bayswater and Canary Wharf, surprisingly little fanfare surrounds this branch of Royal China. The frontage might seem humdrum, but step inside and things get suitably regal. Glossy, gold-panelled walls adorned with Chinese art point up the black-lacquered theme that runs through the polished interior. A vast menu covers pretty much everything you’d hope for, and does so with some finesse – from steamed scallop dumplings, fried roast-pork puffs, yam paste with dried meat or other highly rated daytime dim sum to a signature dish of ‘empress chicken’ with ginger and spring onion sauce. A lengthy wine list offers good choices at most price points, and the timber-framed patio is a bonus.

Good to know about Royal China - Fulham Road

Chinese, Dim Sum

Location for Royal China - Fulham Road

805 Fulham Road, London, SW6 5HE

Opening Times of Royal China - Fulham Road

Mon-Sat 12N-4pm 6-11pm Sun 11am-5pm 6-9.45pm

Reviews of Royal China - Fulham Road

Avoid this resturant if you can! The stuff is extremely rude and can possibly ruin your day.
20 January 2019
If there is a choice I would have given this resturant a zero star. I rarely leave comments for any shops/restaurants, but today's experience with Royal China Fulham was just truly awful. It has been 3 hours since I left the resturant and I am still feeling angry now. It is nothing about the extra 3 pounds in the bill. I am sure the people who decide to go there for a meal will have a spare 3 pounds. But it is about how rude the stuff have been. We have been treated with no respect in the resturant. The manager refused to tell us her name. We went there for dim sum. In the bill we saw the resturant decided to charge us 3 pounds for an extra plate of vinegar. This has not been indicated when we got served, and neither can be found in their menu. The manager and stuff there just decided to raise their voice and started shouting at us. They kept rolling their eyes at us. They said as I quote " Do you know how much vinegar we have to put in your plate. It is not a charity here, you pay what you have." Today will be my last visit to the resturant. I can't see how a resturant this badly run can survive in the future. I would highly recommend everyone to avoid this resturant, if you would like to have a pleasant resturant experience. Don't let them ruin your day!!

Ms/Mrs. Smith S

29 September 2012
Dont waste your time, money and patience going to this restaurant. Lousy service, rude people and average food. Staff is incredibly rude. I have never experienced something like this. The waiter was aggressive to the point of snatching the menu of our hands and telling us to hurry up. The manager came to ask us to move our chairs (mind you we were with a 5 year old boy) because it was disturbing HER customers. So we were not her customers? She was not only rude, but was screaming at us in front of everyone else and continued to argue throughout our lunch. Everytime she would walk down the stairs she would approach our table and continue arguing. I wonder if there is any supervision at all on what they are doing there. It is almost like a circus.

Mr. George W

15 August 2012
I have literally made a square meal account just to write this review: Complete waste of money – food was average at best. The waitress' were ALL intense and weird. It really irritates me when you spend £95.00 on disgusting food in a terrible atmosphere. Just never go there. #justsaying

Ms/Mrs. Michelle T

11 April 2010
Woe betide anyone who has the gall to complain to the staff about their experience at the Royal China on the Fulham road. To do so will elicit a defensive and aggressive response from the waiting staff, whose approach to customer service appears to be modeled on Faulty Towers, minus the laughs. When our shredded duck was cleared by the waitress, most of it untouched, we commented that it was dry, chewy and overcooked and, therefore not particularly pleasant. “You ate it too slow”, came the response. Whilst we were mid-main course, the full waiting staff team began cleaning and re-setting the tables around us, talking loudly, and so making us feel uncomfortable and an unwanted presence in their dining room. When the waitress cleared our main course, we commented that we thought this was rather rude and that, at the very least they might have asked us if we minded. “What do you expect, it is 10pm”, came the response. We asked to have the bill, and to speak with the manager, Rita. What we wanted to say to Rita was that, on the whole, our experience wasn't an especially good one – that some of the food, and the behaviour of the waiting staff, was not very appetising. We wanted to say this, but unfortunately we weren't afforded the opportunity. Instead, Rita shouted at us for having the effrontery to complain to her staff about the food. “No one else has complained; you are meant to eat the food quickly; you will just pay and go”, were the thrust of her comments. Somewhat shocked, we said we expected the manager to adopt a rather different approach in the circumstances and that, at the very least we would like her to offer to have the duck taken from our bill. Eventually and reluctantly she did take the duck from the bill, but all the while continued to shout at us. We certainly won't be going back, if you do go – I'd advise against complaining!

Ms/Mrs. bea B

18 November 2008
A real dissapointment and waste of money. A slip in quality compared to the one in Baker St. Arent ‘chains’ meant to have similar quality dinign experience? Id go to the less convenient Putney Branch any day instead – perfect for Sunday dim sum!

Other restaurants near Royal China - Fulham Road

You are requesting to book Royal China - Fulham Road for people on at .