British

SquareMeal Review of Rowley's, London

Rowley’s is just the ticket for heritage-hungry tourists and St James’s suited-and-booted legions who prefer their grub resolutely simple – a slice of good old tradition, culinary clichés and all. That said, the owners have responded to the changing needs of this regenerated part of town by tweaking their offer, shortening the menu and offering food all day. House specialties such as “perfect” char-grilled entrecôte steak (served at table from a heated pan) are accompanied by unlimited French fries and Rowley’s special Roquefort butter sauce (available to take away), while the remainder of the line-up is old school to the core – from smoked salmon fishcakes or crayfish cocktail to bread-and-butter pudding or tarte Tatin. The interior mixes a beautiful painted ceiling, gilt-framed mirrors and original tiling with nods to the building’s previous incarnation as the original Wall’s sausage shop.

British
Lively, Traditional

Special offers from Rowley's, London

Chateaubriand Steak with a Side & Fries £47

From: 20 May, 2019
To: 20 November, 2019
Max: 8
Enjoy a Chateaubriand or Côte de Boeuf to share based on two diners with a side a Fries. Standard a la carte price of £78 enjoy a 40% off with Rowely’s.
Availability: Daily 12:00PM-2:30PM 6:00PM-10:00PM

Location for Rowley's, London

113 Jermyn Street, London, SW1Y 6HJ

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm

Reviews of Rowley's, London

Old School style with excellent food and great service.
18 January 2019
Old School style with excellent food and great service. I hadn't been to Rowley's in a while and wonder how I could have forgotten about it - it is still stylish, offers classic superb food with fun but slick service.

Piglet

A little gem in Jermyn Street
27 April 2016
I used to eat here fairly regularly a number of years ago when I worked in the area but haven't been back for a while and I'm glad I did. It was a mixed bunch (unlike the suited business crowd you get at lunchtimes), families, friends and couples. Dinner last night for me was a gorgeous lobster and crabmeat fishcake with unlimited fries and a heritage tomato salad, husband had the fillet steak - all cooked beautifully. Excellent service, very friendly and helpful. We didn't have room for pudding. The house white wine was good and the Negroni to start even better.

Ms/Mrs. stella P

19 June 2014
Had a lovely meal before the theatre so the restaurant was quite quiet as we were early. The food was excellent – we all had a version of steak and chips. Best steak I've had for a while. Service was good. Quite expensive as no pre-theatre offers. Will go again.

Mr. Charles C

16 June 2014
After a pleasant welcome, we were ushered quickly to our table. The restaurant was light and airy, and not overly busy. The menu offered a good selection, although we were all primarily interested in the steak. The pate, prawn cocktail and smoked salmon starters were all thoroughly enjoyed. The arrival of our main courses was well timed and the use of a heated pan on the table ensured the meat was pipping hot when served. The steaks, two rumps and one ribeye were all perfectly cooked and delicious. The meat really did melt in the mouth. The unlimited fries offer was also fully exploited. These were also served hot, had a crispy coating and were dry from grease. The wine list was not sampled as the inclusion of Doom Bar on the beer list was ideal to complement our steak and chips. We also declined the sweet selection and finished with a coffee, although we would have preferred to add our own milk. Overall, our server, Sebastian, did a great job. If the service charge, added for convenience, had not been included in the bill we would have probably left a larger tip. The overall value was not unreasonable for London.

Frances C

Great British Steakhouse
25 November 2013
Rowley's is a brilliant find in an area full of relatively dull, expensive restaurants – it's good quality, interesting and inexpensively priced. The room is full of charm and St James' history and always feels cosy, fun and convivial. The steaks are the best bet on the menu, and on my last visit I enjoyed the fillet. Served on a burner in the centre of your table, the steak stays perfectly warm throughout dinner, and the (free) accompanying side salad, unlimited french fries and blue cheese butter make a perfect meal. You often see people on their third portion of fries they are so moreish! Wines are served in small carafes and the list is affordable with a good representation of reds and whites to compliment the steaks. We have been pre-theatre, and at the weekends and on each occasion the service was polite and attentive and the restaurant buzzy. We will continue to use Rowley's often, it has become a firm favourite.

Mr. garry W

Rowleys definately the place to eat
01 October 2013
really nice restaurant ,with outstanding food,and an excellent service,and more than reasonable prices.

Mr. Chris B

retro reliabilty and excellence
07 March 2013
Rowleys is a very simple proposition. Really excellent steak frite: delicious steak, cooked as you ask, good skinny fires,as many as you want, good selection of traditional wine and a great traditional brasserie style room in a good location. If that is what you are in the mood for it is an unbeatable proposition-if you aren't go somewhere else

Mr. Patrick B

30 September 2012
If you are like me and are constantly looking for (and never giving up the hope of one day finding) a truely ‘continental European style’ Brasserie in London, then Rowleys does tick – on the surface – a few boxes. The main dining room has something resembling ‘soul’ and thankfully the rather upleasant management team haven't ruined it. So there is a whiff of an old parisian brasserie, but of Course this being St. James rather than Piccadilly there are very strong british accents. There is the tourist-trap pricing policy which is absolutely shameful and the much peddled ‘house special sauce’ which is herb and Roquefort butter… the, err… ‘secret’ is how to make it taste like something they found in the bottom drawer of a 100+ year old kitchen. All round it is a huge pity, because this part of town would need a place like Rowleys with its pretty dining room and great location, just with better food, more reasonable prices, a friendlier mangement team and… did I mention better food? What a pity…

Tanya B

18 March 2012
Well, I haven't read the other diner reviews, but I can tell they weren't good from the scores they gave. I may have to disagree. A friend and I had been hoping to get into Burger and Lobster, but the 2 hour wait kind of put us off the idea…so we strolled around Mayfair heading towards Picadilly Circus in quest of a non stuffy restaurant…and we found Rowleys' on Jermyn Street of all places! Both of us loved it. My friend had fish and chips. I was toying with cod or steak..and following the advice of the friendly waitress I went for the steak, cooked rare, served with as many fries as you can eat basically. Loved it. Steak fabulous, and fries delicious. Apparently the fish and chips were great too. I normally hate just walking into a restaurant and hoping for the best in London (far too many disappointing/not great restaurants out there), but thankfully it all worked out brilliantly. Had a great catch up over great food. Nothing fancy, but heh, it was done well so we were both happy. Nice buzzy atmosphere too, and old style decor, but in a good way. Very glad we didn't try out Getti's over the road – half full of people almost twice our age (a little different from the Marylebone branch I think)

Ms/Mrs. Ann M

04 November 2010
Very surprised! lovely restaurant-that was it— service was poor never asked if enjoyed meal! and can understand why -chunky chips were awful like mashed potatoes in chip form.in all fairness steak good Paid the bill thought was expensive checked when home and noticed cover charge of £1 -95 per person we were a party of four why was this !! there was no entertainment and it is not a club?? then the service charge of 12.05per cent certainly will not recommend Rowleys Jerymn st -London SW1Y6HJ . excellent decor – v. overpriced . might return as like to give a second chance and is great location Annabelle

Other restaurants near Rowley's, London

You are requesting to book Rowley's, London for people on at .