British, Steak

SquareMeal Review of Hawksmoor Air Street

From turf to surf: the forecast at Will Beckett and Huw Gott's sexy deco den is meaty with a chance of seafood. The Hawksmoor signature of excellent British beef with boldly indulgent sauces and sides (Stilton hollandaise, macaroni cheese, grilled bone marrow) is still in evidence, but at Air Street, the price-by-weight beef is supplemented by a seafood selection devised in cahoots with restaurateur (and fish fanatic) Mitch Tonks. Expect anything from char-grilled Dartmouth lobster and turbot to steaks priced per 100g – although readers insist it's still "a treat place". Desserts such as a 'Crunchy bar' and strawberry and lime pavlova don't take themselves too seriously – an ethos that also applies to drinks in the "delicious" art deco-styled bar. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, a happy ambience and a wine list full of possibilities combine to ensure that Hawksmoor is "totally worth it".

British, Steak

London Restaurant Festival: 2 courses & a choice from 3 cocktails £30

From: 1 October, 2019
To: 31 October, 2019
Max: 6
From a set menu. Also 3 courses and a cocktail £35. To celebrate being named Best Restaurant Bar in the World at the drinks industry Oscar’s, Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans, Hawksmoor decided to scrap their cocktail list and start again. After 6 long months of arduous tastings (someone has to do it), they’re proud to present the first sneak peek of the new list.
Availability: Sun 5:00PM-6:30PM 9:00PM-10:30PM,Mon-Sat 12:00PM-3:00PM 5:00PM-6:30PM 10:00PM-10:30PM

Location for Hawksmoor Air Street

Sat 12:00-23:00
Sun 12:00-21:30

Reviews of Hawksmoor Air Street

Abigail M

Check the price of wine before you order!
06 November 2017
The roasts are always delicious and a steal at just £20... but if you are heading there for the cheaper option of a roast (over steak) make sure you check the price of a bottle of wine before you order it... Just asked for a bottle of Malbec without checking and 2 people ended up spending almost £70 EACH for a sunday roast and a bottle of wine... our faults entirely but definitely won't make that mistake again!

Piglet

Just wonderful
18 May 2017
We treated our nephew to his first “posh steak restaurant” and we were very well looked after. We ordered the yorkshire puddings with potted beef and bacon and the most delicious silky onion gravy - and wouldn't let them take it away and finished it off with our main courses. One Fillet, one sirloin, old spot belly ribs, caesar salad, triple cooked chips and beef dripping fries and we were fit to bursting point, but we managed to sneak in a salted caramel rolo each - which was pretty intense! I asked our server if he could explain the different cuts etc., and he was happy to do so. I think we had a trainee server for part of our meal and she was great too. It was the first time we had been to the Air Street branch, we usually go to Spitalfields or Seven Dials, what a fantastic room, I love those windows over Regent Street. A couple of bottles of wine and £200 easily spent, worth every penny.

Ms/Mrs. Natalie G

Excellent Experience
02 March 2015
This place is definitely value for money. At the initial entrance on Air Street we were greeted and offered for our coats to be put in the clock room, always a great touch. After walking up the stairs we were again greeted with a smile and seated in an area where we were asked to choose the table of our own preference. The waiter was faultless and the food was delicious. We both had the roast beef with it being a Sunday and opted for a special edition red wine that complimented it perfectly. I shall without doubt be back and recommending this little Art Deco gem to all my family and friends.

Ms/Mrs. Radhika J

20 August 2014
My colleagues had dined here for lunch with some clients, the clients loved the atmosphere and the food, and even sent me an email to thank me.

Mr. Ian F

01 August 2014
Lunched here with two friends, one of whom is elderly and quite deaf – and even he complained about the noise! We were surrounded by various tables of young people who seemed to have been at a conference or meeting of some sort in the morning. I'm assuming the day's work had finished as they were drinking for England and laughing and shouting at the tops of their voices. One of our steaks – the very expensive fillet – was so touch as to be inedible, but it was quickly and courteously replaced with many apologies. I will not return.

Mr. Paul B

23 July 2014
Update: July 2014 So a friend wanted to visit Air Street and so reluctantly I agreed, but was interested to know if things might have improved since my previous visit. Essentially, for me, my earlier review is still accurate. Most of the staff are lacking enthusiasm, and one or two were fairly miserable. An exception was our excellent waiter. The cooking was still average, with everything over-cooked, including a Chateaubriand at £13/ 100g – I really want it cooked accurately at this price – and soggy broccoli. I've been to Seven Dials a few times in the last 12 months, and it's still great… January 2013 Having eaten several times at Seven Dials, I expected much better from this place. I think it's too big, and perhaps they've bitten off more than even they can chew. Service was inconsistent and without the friendliness you always get at Seven Dials. Seven Dials isn't small, but it still retains a certain cosy and intimate feel, especially in the bar – this place is just a steak factory and lacks any character, although it was lively the evening we went. The food across the four of us was largely OK, but my rib-eye was very poor, over-cooked and more gristly than fatty – I never leave anything but for that reason a fifth or so of this steak defeated me. I might give it another chance (the restaurant, not the remaining steak), although with Seven Dials up the road I actually can't think of any reason why I'd go here rather than there.

Mr. Alan F

06 July 2014
This is a large restaurant but the layout means that it feels intimate and not overwheleming. A good menu means there is something for everyone, including an interesting pre-theatre deal. The food is very good indeed, but what marks this restaurant out for me is the service. Every waiter/waitress we encountered was pleasant, friendly and engaging. Most are young, but every one knew the menu inside out, and seemed to genuinely enjoy what they were doing. It was a real pleasure and I will certainly be back. One interesting thing was that on the bill they helpfully included an analysis of what you spent on food vs alcohol!! This was a cause of some amusement on our table, as the alcohol was almost exactly twice the food bill, but it did make me wonder whether business people would welcome this overt assessmentas it would make it just that bit more difficult to sneak the bill passed the eager eyed expenses taliban! That aside, a fabulous experience.

Mr. Alex B

23 May 2014
Meat is king here, and they definitely know how to cook it. Having been to most of the Hawksmoor outposts, I was very pleasantly surprised by the offering here. Lobsters and scallops have now found their way on the menu, there is a decent choice of red wine in magnums (which we duly went for) and the service is impeccable – big thanks to Anna who was looking after us! Food – delicious. Meat – epic. Sides – perfect. Wine – good value. The only minor drawback is that its a bit noisy but in the great scheme of things, who cares… Its awesome – go there! Now!

Ms/Mrs. Fiona O

20 March 2014
We visited Hawksmoor Air Street last night for a pre-theatre meal. They offer 2 courses for £23 or 3 courses for £26 which is very good value as a 250g steak is an option for the main. Not being a lover of anchovies, the starter options were not particularly enticing however I was allowed to substitute my starter for something else on the menu. Food arrived very promptly and was tasty. The mains of rib eye steak and triple cooked chips were cooked to perfection although the chips were quite salty. The cheesecake dessert was nice and the cheese plate was a good size. My partner had a glass of rioja with his meal which was very good indeed however my Bloody Mary was distinctly lacking and I felt the £8.50 price tag was a tad high. This was my second time visiting the Hawksmoor and the service has been wonderful on both occasions. All the staff (and there are alot of them!) are very friendly and knowledgeable about the food and the menu. I would happily return just for the good service!

Mr. Alex W

Hawksmoor Air Street - Christmas Steak
16 December 2013
I've been to the Hawksmoor before, so was not expecting surprises, simply a fantastic steak and sides with good wine and good service. In that regard, no surprises with this experience, and as expected the steak and sides were cooked to perfection and delicious. We had a slight issue with a corked bottle of wine, but Hawksmoor's staff were quick to replace the bottle, offer a chance to change choice if we chose, and replaced quickly, so no issues. My only complaint is that the Air Street Hawksmoor, while a lovely setting, doesn't have much atmosphere, but then that's not really the point of going.

Other restaurants near Hawksmoor Air Street

You are requesting to book Hawksmoor Air Street for people on at .