SquareMeal Review of Pix Notting Hill

A mini-chain of dinky “super-cool” pintxos joints, PIx has carved out a niche by offering what one reader called “a unique take on speciality Basque tapas”. Although you can reserve a table, most punters simply drop by on spec – lured by the tempting counter-top displays. The drill is simple: help yourself to all sorts of skewered ‘peen-chos’ in two sizes and collect the sticks in a glass before settling up at the end of your visit. Top calls have included crisp honey-glazed cod fritters, quince-coated chorizo on Manchego, quail’s egg with jamón Ibérico and textbook tortilla – plus a cheeky Iberian take on bubble and squeak. Thanks to its easy-come, easy-go grazing concept, Pix is a guaranteed hit with day-trippers, shoppers and the after-work crowd – especially as service is “full of smiles” and the food is backed by some terrific Spanish wines and sherries.

Good to know about Pix Notting Hill

Tapas
Buzzy, Fun

Location for Pix Notting Hill

185 Portobello Road, London, W11 2ED

Opening Times of Pix Notting Hill

Mon-Thus 12N-11pm Fri-Sat 12N-12am

Reviews of Pix Notting Hill

Perfect spot for after work drinks
07 March 2017
So simple but effective, you order your drinks and then take your plate to the bar and select which pinxos you fancy. I like the fact you can graze throughout the evening, certainly beats drinking on an empty stomach. The staff are super friendly and helpful and make delicious cocktails. I had a 'trouble everyday' a delicious blend of rum, amaretto and fresh juice. The cava is also good quality and a variety of different pinxos for vegetarians and meat eaters. A relaxed vibe, this is my second visit to Pix Notting Hill and I'll be back again.

My new favourite place
22 November 2016
My friends and I wanted a fun night out, a few drinks and snacks but not a formal meal. Pix was the perfect choice. It is a lively, buzzy bar but you can book a table, which was handy as there were 7 of us. We ordered Cava when we arrived and then plates are left on the table for us to choose pinxos at the bar when we want to. The portions are quite substantial so we had about 6 each, all of which were delicious. The pinxos are replaced and new ones added throughout the night so you can graze as you drink. The sticks are collected at the end of your meal and you are charged for the amount you have had. When I booked, I was told we had the table for 90 minutes but they were not too busy so let us stay longer. This particular branch has a cocktail bar downstairs so we went down for cocktails and an hour turned into a few! We were looked after by extremely helpful staff (also patient as we did get a bit drunk!). I had been to a couple of Pinxos bars in Spain in the summer and I was worried Pix wouldn't live up to these but it did! We had a fun night, great drinks, great service and delicious food. Thank you! We will be back (if they will have us back, eek!)

Other restaurants near Pix Notting Hill