SquareMeal Review of OXO Tower Brasserie

High up on the eighth floor of the Oxo Tower, this fashion-conscious, brasserie-style eyrie offers the same great views as the posh restaurant next door, but prices are a fair bit cheaper and you can rub shoulders with the throngs of beautiful people in more convivial, easy-going surroundings. Whether you choose to sit inside the light-filled dining room with its floor-to-ceiling glass walls or manage to nab a prime spot on the terrace overlooking the Thames, you’re guaranteed the wow-factor that comes with elevated dining in the capital.

Unlike the Oxo Tower Restaurant menu, which is focussed on luxurious ingredients such as Iberico pork, langoustine and quail, the vibrant Brasserie menu ranges far and wide, picking up the likes of warm duck salad with mushroom paté, blood orange and grain mustard dressing, lemon and thyme corn-fed chicken breast with truffle mascarpone mash, curly kale, Morteau sausage and porcini gravy, and roasted lamb rump with marinated artichoke and pea purée. That’s not to say you can’t up the ante here with a 700g dry-aged côte de boeuf for two, but generally dishes are what you’d expect of an upmarket all-day dining eatery.

As well as Oxo Tower Brasserie’s all-day menu, you’ll also find a separate vegetarian and vegan menu, a children’s menu and one of several Oxo Tower afternoon tea menus available at the venue. For traditional afternoon tea, you’ll need to head to the restaurant, but if it’s something untraditional you’re craving, Oxo Tower Brasserie’s ‘Not Afternoon Tea’ (comprising a seasonal dessert plate paired with a bespoke cocktail) is sure to please.

Faultless service and the chance to dip into the neighbouring restaurant’s top-drawer wine list are undeniable plus points, while cool live jazz or mellow piano music adds extra sparkle in the evening. A solid choice for casual lunches, pre-theatre dining and everything in between.

British

Sun 12:00-22:00

Reviews of OXO Tower Brasserie

Dinner in the Brasserie
06 May 2019   - Verified Diner

Food and drink was exceptional. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

The Bar was slightly over crowded but I suppose it was a Saturday night

Ms/Mrs. Michelle T

WOW
17 May 2013
The food here really is exceptional. Fine dining with a great ambience and attentive waiters and waitresses. The flavour combinations of everything we ordered worked really well and presentation was fablous! Great venue for a special occassion or as a treat to someone who has never been before.

Ms/Mrs. Neil M

25 April 2013
The views are amongst the best in London so the restaurant has an immediate wow factor, but hopefully you're dining with someone who deserves your attention more than the view, so the food better be good, and it is. Sometimes I think the Chef tries a bit too hard to be creative but overall it works; the menu is far more wide ranging and experimental than one would expect in a Brasserie, especially as it shares the space with a fine dining restaurant. The live music is also an added bonus. Front of house seems to often let them down as they seem to overbook regularly. Also I preferred it when the bar was at the back of the building unlike today when it creatyes a cvery busy and often overcrowded entrance to the restaurant.

Ms/Mrs. Andrew V

Did not even get to east...
19 March 2013
Had a reservation for 9.30pm for a very special occasion – have waited a long time to go to this restaurant. Waited until 9.45 to enquire after our table – was told it would be imminent. Enquired again at 9.55 – again was told it would only be a minute. By 10.05 – we decided to give up. We had received no apology for the delay – and had not even been offered a drink by way to keep us going while we waited. Goodness knows what time we would have got our meal if we had stayed – and then have been expected to pay a fortune for it which I wouldn't have begrudged if our table had been on time – or any sort of apology made. And then I'm sure we would have been hurried out. Not the kind of special occasion I was expecting. Having been to Barbecoa, Joe Allens, Mandarin Oriental and the Savoy already that weekend – it is clear OXO do not do service. And by the looks of the clientele in the bar area – they are not interested in polite well groomed people… only passing tourist money.

Ms/Mrs. Maria D

18 November 2011
I arranged a group booking of 22 and I was pleased with the fact that: a) did not request minimum spend and b) there was good variety in the group menu offered, rather than all-eat-same food On the day the service was helpful and attentive and the food was delicious. Only criticism is about the space (lack of) between tables, but I put it down to our specific group arrangement, as the individual tables seemed to be spaced out well Overall a very pleasant dinning experience

Ms/Mrs. Lorna J

04 October 2011
On Friday 30th September, the Oxo Brasserie played host to the sell out Pink Buddies charity luncheon in aid of The Haven, a breast cancer charity. We were fortunate enough to have a beautiful sunny day for the event, so the brasserie terrace was open and guests were able to sip speciality “pink” cocktails before and after lunch. The food was absolutely delicious and the most amazing value for money. The staff were incredibly friendly and the service impeccable. The atmosphere was totally amazing and the brasserie was buzzing all afternoon. It really was a perfect afternoon and I would heartily recommend a visit to the Brasserie at the earliest opportunity.

Ms/Mrs. Claire V

18 May 2011
We visited on a gorgeous sunny afternoon and sat outside taking in the incredible view, unfortunately the view was better than the food. I started with the squid (Cumin spiced fried squid, chimichurri, roasted tomato, barrel aged feta salad, tapenade), which was very good but was overcomplicated with far too many ingredients and flavours. Delicious crispy squid but I don't think it really needed all of the above plus fennel and chick peas. My sea bass main course was very disappointing. On paper it sounded fab: Sea bass, fresh Devon brown crab champ mash, truffle beurre blanc, fennel salad. In practice it was bland (apart from the random sprinkle of capers, which was just jarring). There was no trace of crab in the mash and the only evidence of truffle was a drizzle of oil at the side of the plate. The fish was well cooked but you would expect it to be at £25. On the plus side, the service was excellent: considerate and unimposing. Unfortunately, the food really lets the place down. Far too many ingredients and flavours on the plate and poorly composed dishes.

Ms/Mrs. Sarah M

13 September 2010
We went to the OXO Tower for my partners birthday and it was just as I had imagined. The views were amazing the food was fabulous. I had the Crayfish Cakes for a starter, which was lovely and succulent. My partner had the Lamb Gnocchi, which was recommended by a friend, this was beautiful. We had a wine which was lovely, it was on the expensive side (at £52) but it was worth the extra as it was delicious. For main I had the Pork sausages, which were lovely and very filling. I would recommend these to anyone going. My partner had the Scallops with black pudding, these were again very well cooked and delicious. The choice of desserts was wonderful… I had the chocolate tart which was amazing, very tasty indeed and my partner had the most flavourful cheese platter, this has a chutney which was beautiful. This went very well with the remainder of the wine and our coffees. The presentation of the food was brilliant and the portion sizes were perfect, just enough! (the sausages were actually on the large side). The service was excellent and the waitress/waiters were friendly and helpful, without rushing you at all. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, it was a wonderful evening.

Mr. Adrian R

19 April 2010
Go there for a drink, avoid the food. They are living on the view, the food is utterly awful. I took a group of European colleagues there and was embarrassed, my food was inedible, literally. Service was also very slow and inattentive, but I could live with this for the view…if I could eat the food. I had been there before and had not remembered the food being quite so bad, we were on a set menu, perhaps that is worse than a la carte.

Ms/Mrs. Julie T

04 January 2010
My best friend had never been to OXO Brasserie before, so we went on January 4 for lunch. I thought it would be full of tourists with average food and a boring menu, but was quickly mistaken!! We were escorted to our table and I quickly fell in love with the view. We were seated one table from the window — which gave a fantastic panoramic view of the city. I ordered the Jeruselam artichoke soup out of much curiosity —- and enjoyed every spoonful! For a main, I ordered the fried pumpkin gnocchi with pumpkin cream. It was amazing. An explosion of autumnal flavors in my mouth. My friend had the sea bass, and couldn't stop raving about it. For dessert, we were stuffed —- but split a spiced apple brulee that came with a mincemeat strudel. Not too sweet, and even though I had pigged out on Mum's mince pies last week, I was still up for it! I will definitely be returning to the OXO Brasserie very soon. Before dining, was under the impression that the dining up there was overpriced and a bit too posh—but that is far from the truth. I'm not one for celeb chef type places, so I was very comfortable in my jeans and jumper. I'll definitely be returning.

Other restaurants near OXO Tower Brasserie

You are requesting to book OXO Tower Brasserie for people on at .