Nopi

Fusion, Mediterranean

About Nopi

Aimed higher than his eponymous deli/café chain, Yottam Ottolenghi's "gleaming" spin-off hits its target with ease: the cream-coloured ground floor is a serene space artfully decorated with white tiles, polished marble and brass fittings, while downstairs offers large communal tables and an open kitchen. However, readers save most praise for Nopi's "exquisite", "healthy" and supremely tasty food: raw cauliflower is paired with sprouts, nectarines and Gorgonzola, sea trout gets a global makeover with koji rice, watercress pesto and labneh, while beef short-rib keeps more familiar company with smoked beer glaze and horseradish. Whether you're sharing dishes or going it alone with one of the more expensive mains, it's all about creativity and depth of flavour. Signature cocktails also pick up on the kitchen's eclectic ingredients. Some bemoan high prices and petite portions, but most reckon that Nopi is "worth every penny".

Good to know about Nopi

Opening Times of Nopi

Mon-Fri 8am-2.45pm 5.30-10.30pmSat 10am-10.30pm Sun 10am-4pm

Reviews of Nopi

12 November 2018

I have been to Nopi many times in the last few years and I have never been disappointed. Every dish from starter through to dessert to drinks is faultless. The menu is inventive with a wide variety of options for all diet types. Will definitely keep coming back!

25 October 2015

We were welcomed to the restaurant and seated upstairs, and a charming waitress brought us water and wine. Crusty sourdough came with good olive oil, and we started with a selection of small plates to share - soft roast aubergine, with black garlic and crunchy toasted broad beans, lightly spiced chickpeas with butternut squash and feta, and hot freshly cooked courgette and manouri fritters with cardamom yoghurt. All these were very good and we tucked in, enjoying the flavours and textures. It's great to have so many choices that happen to be meat free and really good to eat. For the main course we both chose fish - cleverly boned whole seabass stuffed with spring greens and Calabrese peppers, and a buttery lemon sole, with sweet salted grapes and sharp verjus. These were both excellent. But neither of us felt like staying for dessert - the staff were friendly, the food very good, but the white tiles on the wall, hard floors and clattery house music did not make it a place to linger. We both felt it was more like a smart cafe than a restaurant, fine as it is and great if you want to be done and out in about an hour.

02 August 2014

I went to Nopi for a friend's birthday meal. Lovely food and gorgeous setting. We were both ill soon afterwards. Nopi wrote back: “We checked all NOPI daily HACCP records from Saturday and we are sure our food, including the fish and scallops served to you and your partner were safe for consumption. All necessary controls were in place, quality and temperature alike. Additionally, during dinner service of your visit to NOPI we served a high number of every single dish you consumed and received no other reports of any adverse reaction. Also if it would have been food poisoning it will take at least 4 to 5 hours before you would react to it. I hope you are feeling better and wish you all the best” Needless to say we won't be returning after such a dismissive response.

02 May 2014

Lovely food, but a bit over priced. The service was so slow our 2 hour slot was up and they kicked us out before we could have pudding.

05 November 2013

I am a big fan of all things Ottolenghi. I dream about creating his fabulous med inspired rustic dishes in the Guardian, but time and sourcing mysterious ingredients are always a problem. So, I was pleased as punch, when I found out about his latest flashy restaurant in easily accessible Soho. I brought one of my fave girly luncheon partners and off we went. The restaurant itself is glossy in a posh souk way with white tiled walls, eastern golden fittings and a grand display of large white bowls of very attractive salads (posh buffet style). The service was a little sharp, not oozing with family hospitality, which I was for some reason expecting. The good looking menu has small and larger sharing dishes with zingy, mouth watering combinations such as duck with hazelnut butter, roast sweet potatoes with figs and cheese and truffled polenta, yum. We had the twice cooked baby chicken with chilli and salt, which was light, crispy and flavoured with eastern promise. We ordered it twice. The polenta chips were a little solid but there was some fab moreish chilli sauce. All the dishes are vibrant in colour and have a fresh, zesty, light feel, that cleverly whisks one away to that feeling of grazing at a gourmet barbecue in the soaking med sun. Unfortunately, we both had all-consuming colds, so could not fully enjoy the subtle flavouring and wizardry of Yotam. I was slightly underwhelmed, maybe the cuisine is better off in a posh deli rather than a high end, flashy restaurant. Prices are not cheap and add up with extra small dishes. However, I would go again, maybe when my tastebuds are revving up again and the desire for Eastern delights beckons .

Other restaurants near Nopi

You are requesting to book Nopi for people on at