Noor Jahan

Indian

Call Noor Jahan to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Noor Jahan

Down the years, movie celebs have flocked to this unpretentious Indian off Old Brompton Road, not for any Michelin-starred fripperies, but for the chance to chomp their way through a line-up of good old-fashioned curries. Perhaps it's the regularly packed dining room and workmanlike interiors that make them feel inconspicuous – or perhaps Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and the rest only get that London feeling once they've got a lamb dhansak and garlic naan in front of them. Either way, the place is full to bursting at the weekend, as the kitchen sends out a steady stream of classics – chicken tikka bhuna, prawn patia, lamb biryani and so on. Prices may be at the top-end for a high-street curry, but you don't need an A-list bank balance to enjoy a slap-up meal here.

Good to know about Noor Jahan

Mon-Sun 12N-2.30pm 6-11.30pm

Reviews of Noor Jahan

Rude and indifferent
28 July 2016
I booked a table to try this restaurant whilst on a trip to London . We arrived promptly gave our booking name and the manager said it made no difference ,as the restaurant was already full and he wasnt even sure when we would get a free table anyway . When i pointed out this mades a complete mockery of their booking system he simply shrugged his shoulders and said we could wait or go somewhere else ! As the place is so cramped and noisy we decided to eat round the corner at the Star of India - which was excellent , with polite waiters and a very couteous manager . Avoid the Noor Jaahan !

Ms/Mrs. Amanda C

15 February 2013
Having had a great evening at Noor Jahan before, I was pleased to find that there was a table available on a Saturday night, which I booked through Top Table. I am unlikely to use Top Table again or visit the Noor Jahan again, as when I arrived and asked for my table, the man behind the bar shouted at me – see previous review. He said that I had only booked it a few minutes before (although the booking had gone through at least 2 hours before) and therefore he wouldn't give me a table as there were people waiting. We had a friend from Australia so it was not only disappointing, but very rudely handled! We went round the corner to The Starr of India, who very politely informed us that if we didn't mind waiting we could have a table in 30 minutes! We went to the pub next door, and then had a delicious dinner. Why could the Noor Jahan not have apologised and suggested we came back a little later, as it was obviously their fault for not checking the e-mails re bookings for that evening?

Ms/Mrs. Philippa C

06 November 2010
THe atmosphere was dark and rather orange, the waiters unhelpful. A lady came in with a medical condition and a medical alert assistance dog – the restaurant owner screamed at her… He is clearly misinformed as Assistance dogs (which guide dogs are part of) are allowed in all restaurants, it was tiny and very well behaved the restaurant owner behaved appalingly. The staff all stood staring and did not serve the food… the food was cold when it arrived and dry… the popadoms broken.. the naan hard!! it was dire… and over priced!!! go round the corner to star of india…

Other restaurants near Noor Jahan

You are requesting to book Noor Jahan for people on at