Momo

Moroccan

SquareMeal Review of Momo

Opened in 1997, Mourad Mazouz’s all-inclusive Heddon Street bolthole introduced couscous, tagines and the exotic thrills of Middle Eastern/North African cuisine to a whole generation. Momo’s still here in all its ornate glory, with a restaurant, café, terrace and basement bar dealing in generosity and charm. For something homely, you can’t do better than the signature harira soup with lentils and tomatoes, followed by the house couscous with slow-cooked lamb shank, grilled lamb skewer and merguez sausage. Livelier flavours also pop up here and there – from a starter of baby aubergines with labneh, rocket pesto, broad beans and lemon confit to a risotto-style dish of green vegetables, rice and nuts with Parmesan emulsion. Brunch boasts a promising range of Maghreb pastries and mint tea, while offbeat afternoon teas are served in the café and terrace.

Good to know about Momo

Moroccan

Location for Momo

25 Heddon Street, London, London, W1B 4BH

Opening Times of Momo

Mon-Sun 12N-2.30pm (Sat-Sun 11am-3pm) 6.30pm-1am (Sun -12M)

Reviews of Momo

Ms/Mrs. Philippa M

Nice food, ordinary service & expensive
22 April 2019

Not the best overall experience. Tasty, pleasant food BUT....expensive for what we had. Very poor service. Not enough staff. Wouldn’t rush back.

Let down on a birthday
29 December 2017
Called restaurant in advance to say we were arriving 15 mins late and still arrived to uncertainty about the booking and which staff member took the telephone call. Food is highly expensive for tiny portions and not worth it in quality or taste. After paying the bill to another member of staff, our main waiter chased us quickly to the door questioning whether we had settled the bill or not in front of the whole restaurant, which was highly embarrassing and rude. Clearly communication between staff is not a good point. Would not attend again, especially based upon the service for the prices paid! Complete let down Momos, not a nice experience for my partners birthday.

Ms/Mrs. Victoria M

07 July 2014
I've heard a lot of good things about Momo so was really looking forward to the dinner, however our experience was rather disappointing. On arrival we were sat on the terrace for a drink – the menus arrived only 5min later and order taken in another 10min or so. When the drinks arrived I got a call from the restaurant saying I'm late for my reservation – clearly communication is not great at the place. Then we moved into the restaurant to try the famed moroccan cuisine. Menus were laid on the table faster this time along with little bowl of olives – nice touch. Then followed a long wait until someone came to take an order. That said about 3 waiters were buzzing around one guest at the next table – apparently a friend. Ok, finally order taken, food arrived – my friend had Fish bourek which she said was ok, much better with the sauce it came with (spicyish yoghurt), and I had Spinach fatayer – nice and full of spinach, but not too flavoursome. Getting waiter's attention to order another cocktail was hard to say the least – I said ‘excuse me’ at least 5 times as she was passing by, louder every time, and even tried to wave. The ‘VIP’ at the table next to us noticed me sooner than waiters and asked them to attend to us. For the mains my friend had Duck tagine which was alright according to her and even left her hungry, and I had Fish tagine which equally lacked flavour. Once again waiters were ignoring our empty plates while being busy just next to us topping up drinks and chatting (I'm sure he would have written a very different review of the place!). It was just funny at the end – you would have thought they'd pick up their game, but alas. The only thing that came quick that evening was the bill. Resume – beautiful setting and atmosphere, very authentic feel, the food is quite average and very overpriced for what you're getting, service was terrible and for those reasons I would not recommend Momo.

Mr. Marlyine H

14 November 2011
I went for dinner and drinks before a night out but ended up spending the night there. The atmosphere was lively and the staff very fun. The fun is nice , I had couscous. I also ordered a dessert and was so good.

Ms/Mrs. My K

03 October 2011
Had a great dinner at Momo restaurant. Familiar to north african cuisine , i am delighted to find a venue in london where the food is as good as you will find it in Maghreb. The atmosphere and service were lovely. Our waiter was nice and did a good job.

Ms/Mrs. Catherine K

13 September 2011
overpriced for the quality of food

Mr. James B

14 April 2011
We were asked to move tables during our meal, which was bit unorthodox in itself, but there was neither a ‘please’ or a ‘thank you’. The service was incompetent. The tables around us were complaining too, so at least there was some consolation that it wasn't just us. Some dishes failed to arrive at all, and when we enquired about them the staff seemed particularly uninterested. Strip out the image and the PR, and the food that does arrive is actually fairly average. Momo has the odor of a once-fashionable restaurant that is now seriously past its sell-by date.

Mr. Danny P

11 April 2011
Reasonable food, good location, absolutely appalling service. One to avoid unfortunately.

Mr. Alex B

01 October 2010
food was adequate, however even this basic pleasure was undermined by snotty staff & manager . Seemed like having a big group of us there for a birthday party was such a chore that we had to go to the counter to request drinks rather than expect any kind of service. Having been to plenty of places in the area I fully expected something similar, however this place has unfortunately taken the prize of my least favourite place in Soho 1/10

Mr. Nathan G

28 February 2010
I absolutely love Momo on Heddon Street. My friend recommended it a while ago and it has now become my favorite place to eat. The food is full of flavour and truly remarkable, the dish I can’t resist is the wood pigeon pastilla. I would highly recommend Momo to anyone wanting a change.

Other restaurants near Momo

You are requesting to book Momo for people on at .