Heddon Street Kitchen

Modern European

SquareMeal Review of Heddon Street Kitchen

“Laid-back but fancy” is how one reader describes this Gordon Ramsay restaurant, although we think its sleek, sexy looks suggest a venue from his all-conquering protégé Jason Atherton. Everyone is welcome for food that’s “always of the highest standard” without demanding too much from the assembled company. Breakfast (home-baked raspberry and almond bread with vanilla butter, perhaps) kicks things off, and the globally influenced all-day carte knows how to please. Beef Wellington with truffle mash and red wine jus is “unbelievably good” according to one fan, although you can also get short rib or crispy chilli chicken burgers, fish pie and an accessible set option. An ice-cream bar menu, with build-your-own cones, sandwiches and wafer baskets, adds to the fun, as do staff who are “above friendly, and always very attentive”. A Coravin system keeps by-the-glass wines in good nick, while bottles are listed by style, grape and region.

Good to know about Heddon Street Kitchen

Offers to book by phone

Offer

Kids Eat Free this half-term

Permanent Promotion
Kids under 12 can eat free from the Tilly's Treats menus whenever they dine out with you this half-term! The offer's valid all day, every day during half-term. Applies to children under 12 dining from Tilly's Treats menu only. Valid for one child's meal per every adult's meal ordered from the a la carte menu. Not valid on Christmas Day or New Year's Eve.

Location for Heddon Street Kitchen

3-9 Heddon Street, W1B 4BN

Opening Times of Heddon Street Kitchen

Mon-Fri 7.30-12am (Thur-Fri -1am) Sat-Sun 10am-1am (Sun -11pm)

Reviews of Heddon Street Kitchen

Mr. Werner B

The Beef Wellington
23 September 2018
Great place. Music a bit loud at times. Beef Wellington the best ever. Cooked to absolute perfection. Bar service a tad inattentive. Waitress service great. Trifle was another triumph. London prices. Would recommend.

Mr. BRENDAN G

Scrumptious Sticky Toffee Pudding
01 September 2017
A group of five of us had dinner here. We ordered from the set menu (which we had to ask for separately) but it contained a good range of dishes to satisfy all 5 of us. Some starters were better than others and the flatbread was a bit of a let down. I had the chicken wings which were very tasty. However main courses (which had to be supplemented by sides as none were included) were all very nice with good flavour. The best part was the sticky toffee pudding which I had for dessert. Scrumptious. All in all the atmosphere as well as the food made for a most enjoyable evening. I would come again,

Expensive - won't be back
14 January 2016
I thought I had booked a 2 for 1 on main meals throughout January but was told not at 19:30 - yet it allowed me to book this time via square meal. Anyway, the house champagne, although lovely, was £54 a bottle, a tad expensive I think. My friend and I had a main course each and 1 side with a second bottle of this house champagne and were faced with a bill for £164. Now if my main had been delicious then I might not have been too upset but I literally had a very bad cannelloni that had an awful ricotta mousse through it. My friend had a battered prawn and avocado roll with chips - which we thought might have been done in some kind of tasty tempura batter with a nice sauce etc., no it literally was a heavy battered prawn and avocado on a roll. The best thing was the broccoli - I mean really!? Even though the staff were nice, it was our waiters first night in this restaurant and it seemed he hadn't even seen the menu before as he knew nothing about any of the dishes. He also took an age to even offer us dessert which we declined on the basis that the menu simply wasn't that interesting. It's basic pub grub yet charges a fortune. Better restaurants with better deals elsewhere. Won't be back

Ms/Mrs. Amy M

Shame on Square Meal for giving it a star
22 June 2015
Considering Ramsay has made a fortune from TV's "Kitchen Nightmares", he should really get off the box and back in the kitchen himself! We went on a Friday lunchtime to a largely empty restaurant, so it should have been efficient. I can only assume that Gordon ensured that the wait staff were all lobotomised before service. 3 times we asked for water (2 different people) and at the end of our starter my companion had to get up and find a waitress (!) to ask for the wine that we ordered. She looked terribly blank at that stage. With regard to the food. I had the King Crab cocktail, which was more like a game of spot the crab. If there was the meet of one leg in there I would be surprised. It was also DROWNING in Marie Rose sauce, making it unduly heavy and overwhelming. My friend ordered the pork belly, which he enjoyed, but it comes with nothing! Not even a spinach leaf. My hake was very nice. But I can't apply another superlative as it wouldn't be deserved. I don't know how Square Meal awards it's stars, is it because the chef is a star? But this is decidedly average at best. Don't drag yourself out of the way to go.

Ms/Mrs. John-Paul K

This is a lousy restaurant in a dirty street
06 March 2015
The worst moment of my evening was the man from the bar next door puking outside the window I was seated next to. The highlight of my evening was leaving this dreadful place. Gordon Ramsay should be ashamed of putting his name to such an anonymous establishment in such an awful street serving up such mediocre food. This man is an acclaimed Michelin starred chef but this level of food is noting to get excited about. A restaurant better to be avoided.

Ms/Mrs. John-Paul K

This is a shitty restaurant in a shitty street
06 March 2015

Mr. Jon H

A nice lunch treat, but socks stayed firmly in place.
21 January 2015
We had a nice meal at the Heddon Street Kitchen today (mid January '15). Once I had gone in the correct door and styled out the original attempt to go in the glass emergency exit door, I was warmly welcomed and swiftly shown to my table. The actual restaurant decor is slightly bi-polar. It has the look of a basement bar (think Hawksmoor at Seven Dials) but it is at street level. This means there is a huge window which alters the feel slightly, to perhaps eating in a branch of All Saints rather than a speakeasy styled basement bar. However it is a welcoming space and the service we received was great. The lunch menu was attractive and leapt around the culinary map with no particular focus on any region. I really enjoyed a tangy and well spiced tuna tartare (£11.50) followed by a roast cod with artichoke and crushed potatoes (£18). The cod was very well cooked, though I found the potato a bit to salty and watery. My dining partners enjoyed their meals, a really juicy burger (£12) and lamb cutlets (£24) and the sides of spiced carrots and one of green beans - each about £4. The wine list had some interesting bottles, but few featured at the reasonable end of the list. There are many wines by the glass starting around £6 and again heading north fairly quickly. It was certainly a nice treat for a wet Wednesday afternoon. However it is priced perhaps more for a passing wealthy tourist or corporate card audience. Sadly it does not do anything that might knock your socks off and make you remember it over any of the many similar places across central London.

Ms/Mrs. Mary W

A Curate's Egg ...
14 January 2015
On a mid-January Tuesday the place was empty at 6pm yet we had booked and were given the worst table - why? My guest was early and was already seated with a drink so it was a slight upheaval. We were moved with no problem to a much better table. An annoying start. We were surprised to see the menu was exactly the same as on a previous visit in early December. We did not want starters which did not seem to go down very well with the waiter. Just as well we didn't, the pork belly was very filling so we could not manage dessert either. The pork was tasty but very fatty, crackling excellent. Apple sauce too cinnamony. We chose Gnochi, shallots, Jamón, grated Pecorino, crème fraîche because it sounded interesting but with the pork it was all very rich. Apart from that mentioned the service was good but the atmosphere was a bit lacking and food a bit heavy but maybe that was just our choices. A bit disappointing but I would try it again.

Excellant
08 December 2014
Had a fantastic meal on Saturday 6th Dec, we were a table of four diners and all had something different off the menu and none of us were dissapointed, one tip we ordered two sides of sprouts for two of us but one would of been plenty for two to share. The Staff were friendly, will go again and would highly recommend, do not be put off by the negative reviews as we could not fault this restaurant and throughly enjoyed our dinning experience.

Mr. Mark D

Professional package
05 December 2014
Gordon Ramsay clearly knows a thing or two about restaurants as this new place proves. It ticks a lot of boxes. Good location. Check. Airy, contemporary surroundings. Check. Friendly, well drilled staff. Check. Varied bar and restaurant offerings. Check. Open kitchen adding to a fun atmosphere. Check. You can eat here for about £35 including a glass of wine or you can spend a whole lot more – our bill for four came to £280. A bottle of Nyetimber 09 at £70 didn’t seem a complete rip-off and a bottle of excellent Austrian Zweugelt Heinrich (£40) ticked all the boxes, but obviously added to the bill. Stone bass fillet carpaccio was a chunky dish with a nice horseradish and ginger dressing, while spiced halibut with piperade, chorizo and cauliflower puree was a delicious winter warmer packed with flavour. I liked Heddon Street. It may not win awards but it’s definitely one for the notebook in this part of town.

Other restaurants near Heddon Street Kitchen