L'Amorosa

Italian

SquareMeal Review of L'Amorosa

He made his name at Zafferano, but Andy Needham is now wowing Ravenscourt Park with this “wonderful neighbourhood gem” – an Italian restaurant that lives up to its amorous moniker. Inside it’s “pretty, stylish and cosy”, while the menu focuses on “really fabulous” ideas using carefully sourced seasonal ingredients. “Don’t be put off by the simplicity of the dishes”, notes one fan, singling out a “divine” plate of burrata, Parma ham, figs and rocket. Lunch is especially good value (our homemade pappardelle with pork belly ragù, guanciale and saffron was rich and satisfying), while dinner ploughs a similar furrow – although prices are a tad higher for the likes of cuttlefish with green beans and Taggiasche olives followed by chargrilled lamb with pickled girolles, peas and salsa verde or sea trout with asparagus and sauce vierge. To finish, try the orange, ricotta and almond cake with honeycomb ice cream. “Lovely service” earns bonus points.

Good to know about L'Amorosa

Reviews of L'Amorosa

Ms/Mrs. Jamal R

Very good italian in Hammersmith
21 December 2016
I ordered the truffle pasta which was the special of the evening with 3g white truffle and girolle mushrooms which i would rate this dish to be 7/10. I recently had the same dish at Teca Del Duca on Westbourne Grove and felt it was slightly better with black truffles but much more of a truffle taste than at L'Amorosa, probably 6-8g of black truffles thus supposedly less potent over white, I'm thinking their sauce is using more truffle butter and oil to give the additional truffle flavoring which we both love. My husband had the veal parcel pasta and enjoyed this and we shared the Sea trout carpaccio which i would rate 7.5/10 given the trout was slightly smoked and we didn't realise this from the menu description before ordering. Overall a very good Italian meal and with a bottle of wine costing £85 for two. I would recommend if in the Ravenscourt area.

Ms/Mrs. Tanya D

A wonderful neighbourhood gem of a restaurant
17 October 2015
I know the title sounds like a cliche but this little place is truly is. I was taken there for a first date and initially when I saw pictures of the exterior, I didn't think it would be much but when you get in there, its pretty, stylish and cosy. It is a very small menu but they have daily specials so don't be put off by that and the simplicity of the dishes, the quality of the ingredients is excellent! A simple dish of burrata, rocket, figs and parma was divine; the best version of this dish I have ever tasted. For 3 courses and a couple of generous glasses of wine each was just over £100 which I thought was amazing value. The wines were delicious and the service was lovely so all round it was a flawless dinner. I would recommend it for a great dinner date.

Other restaurants near L'Amorosa

You are requesting to book L'Amorosa for people on at .