North American, Steak

SquareMeal Review of JW Steakhouse

Rather than baulking at the uniform sprawl of a dining room seriously devoid of personality, globetrotting steak fiends welcome JW’s Marriott stylings like a long-lost overseas relative. Or perhaps they simply blot them out while feasting on ‘divine, cooked-to-perfection’ slabs of protein. Go USDA for evidence that ‘melt in the mouth’ is no cliché, or plump for a grass-fed, Welsh Black strip loin if more masticatory resistance is required. As befits this all-American outfit, portions are ‘massive’, with a vast 32oz tomahawk rib-eye slotting very comfortably into the theme – if not the stomach. Starters might seem a frivolity, but the Maryland crab cakes are a must, while veggie options are a surprising ‘treat’ (tortillas with spinach & artichoke dip, for example). To finish, the gargantuan cheesecake is ‘to die for’.

North American, Steak

Location for JW Steakhouse

Grosvenor House, 86 Park Lane, London, W1K 7TL

Mon-Sun 6.30am-11pm (Sat-Sun 7am- )

Reviews of JW Steakhouse

Mr. Mark P

Superb
18 September 2019   - Verified Diner

Warm welcome, good table, ordered crab cakes, filet steak and cheesecake, all superb, cannot fault food. Glass of Mondavi Sauvignon with the crab, bottle of Argentinian Malbec with the steak, coffee to finish, all excellent. Total bill for two just under £300 inc service charge. Highly recommend this place, overall service was spot on, only one tiny complaint - I told them it was my mates 60th Birthday when I sat down but they seemed to forget, a simple candle on the cheesecake would have been a nice touch!!

Ms/Mrs. gowsia H

28 May 2014
Fabulous food, wonderful service, generous portion, good vibe. Just be prepared for mixed clientele- varying from fashionable to sweat shirts brigade.

Ms/Mrs. Georgina W

17 October 2012
Karen from Marketing & Sales showed us around the restaurant including the private dinning room. The service was exceptional, the meal was lovely and I shall definately be reccomending this place to my colleagues as a great venue for Client dinners and entertaining. I shall even be returning myself for another Old Fashion and some honey bourbon!

Mr. Chris H

26 July 2012
A good place to go for a steak and good value for money considering the location and the going rate for a good steak in London. The service is always good and the food is good too. It is not, in my opinion the best steak in London, but is heading in the right direction. The choice of wines is not bad and a good bottle can be found at a reasonable price. If there is one criticism it is that the dining area can feel a little hollow, a bit like a function room. Apart from that, it is a great place to eat. Will definitely visit again (and have already been a number of times).

Ms/Mrs. HL M

02 June 2010
I recently enjoyed a lovely meal with friends in this great new restaurant on Park Lane. The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming as soon as we walked through the door and the food was fantastic. I had a vegetarian meal which was delicious and proved it's not only a restaurant for steak lovers!

Mr. Ryan G

30 May 2010
I went to JW for a pre-theatre meal. I had previously been to one in Bangkok and really loved it , The Park Lane version lived up to my expectations. The service was great. (The waiter on the terrace overlooking Park Lane even offered to bring me a heater whilst I slipped out for a quick smoke!) The restaurant itself was beautifully decorated a lovely mix of old and new made it very glamorous yet at the same time welcoming, our lovely waitress played her part in this as well. We shared a starter of salsa, sour cream?, and warm spinach and artichoke dip served with corn chips as well as the most divine in house baked herb bread. For the mains I had a filet mignon , cooked exactly as I liked that literally melted in my mouth. This was served with a choice of sauces ( I had burbon and stilton) or a crusty topping. I chose chunky chips and asparagus to accompany it. I would go back there just for the chips. My date was feeling homesick so she went for meatloaf and loved it. We drunk a lovely St Emillion with this as well as a very well packaged bottle of the Mariot made in house mineral water. Not being greedy nor ones to say no to a pudding we shared the cheesecake. I am a BIG cheesecake fan and this one was GOOD… Well worth a visit.

Mr. Chris R

27 May 2010
Overall a great restaurant, the portions are massive but it does have a traditional steakhouse feel. I would recommend a steak with a selection of sides, you have to order the sweet potato and marshmallow (sounds horrible but it is quite nice!) and the cheesecake to follow – this is big enough for four to share! Have fun!!

Mr. David B

27 May 2010
The steak and hand cut chips at this restaurant are first class but the ultimate treat is the cheesecake which is to die for so make sure you leave enough space! The restaurant offers good value for money, attentive service with great music and atmosphere. If you are also lucky you may bump in to the old celebrity or two!

Ms/Mrs. Carol W

27 May 2010
What an experience eating in the JW Steakhouse was, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and everthing else on offer. The service was exceptional, and the Hanger Steak was devine and cooked to perfection. The atmosphere / vibe in the Restaurant was stimulating, and having the bar + outside area overlooking Hyde Park adds a little something extra to the experience. I would recommend anyone to visit the JW Steakhouse, as I know I will be returning for more.

18 May 2010
At long last London has a JW Steakhouse and this one does not disappoint!!! I decided to try Grosvenor House's latest offering and have to admit I was blown away. I had crab cake to start followed by a perfectly cooked fillet of USDA beef. My fellow diner opted for the vegetarian main course and, whilst this may sound like an odd choice in a steak house it proved to be a real treat. The wine and cocktail lists compliments the menu pefectly and the waiters are there to help I plan to return soon – one day I must tackle the 32 ounce tomahawk steak!!

Other restaurants near JW Steakhouse

You are requesting to book JW Steakhouse for people on at .