Jinjuu Soho

Korean

SquareMeal Review of Jinjuu Soho

Permanently packed with a cocktail-clinking crowd, this Soho site takes the best parts of Korean and calorific US street food, then glues them together for oodles of guilty pleasure. The party vibe emanates from a “loud” ground-floor bar and bustling Kingly Street terrace, but the basement dining room has its own energy thanks to a semi-open kitchen and comic-style mythical creatures painted across the walls. It would be sinful to ignore the thrillingly crunchy Korean fried chicken, while it's also worth checking out the “really tasty” tacos, the mandoo dumplings and the carnitas ‘disco fries’. Our advice? Order bit-by-bit, as this is filling stuff. Smart staff are adept at handling the frenetic atmosphere, while the upmarket look extends all the way to gold metal chopsticks. Nothing about Jinjuu is subtle (including the prices), but it’s perfect for a trendy party – hence the arrival of a second outlet in Mayfair.

Ayala female chef series Ayala female chef series

Good to know about Jinjuu Soho

Korean
Cool, Fun, Lively
Bottomless brunch, Late night dining
Group dining [8+], Special occasions

Location for Jinjuu Soho

15 Kingly Street, London, W1B 5PS

Opening Times of Jinjuu Soho

Mon-Sun 12N-12M (Thurs-Sat -1.30am Sun -11pm)

Reviews of Jinjuu Soho

Mr. Lloyd S

A great Korean Lunch
29 December 2016
Having visited Jinjuu Mayfair last month which we loved was very keen to return so today we dropped in on Jinjuu in Kingly Street and even though the Restaurant was busy they were very accommodating and found is a place. The waiters were very friendly and the service was very good. There is such a wide choice of delicious things to have but we decided on in a lightish lunch . We started with really tasty Pork Belly Tacos then some Carnitas Fries followed by Korean Fried Chicken which is amazing to finish we had a delightful Korean salad with Prawns and Asian Slaw . I would highly recommend a visit to ether Jinjuu for fantastic Korean cuisine #food #restaurant #korean

Ms/Mrs. Louise W

Nothing special
20 November 2016
Average food, a la carte very overpriced, mixed service, felt a bit like a tourist trap, bibimbap was totally bland. Head waiter was friendly but the one who took our order was new / no training (apparently) which explains why he screwed up the kids menu order (the advertised Korean soft drink never materialised, not offered a side dish and had to ask for one later). But doesn't really explain the weird order of dishes, our sides came out fully an hour before the main, which was so delayed I expected at least that the service charge wouldn't be added to the bill but nope. Couldn't be bothered to kick up a fuss but would not go back here, ever. I do not understand the high rating from other diners. Much better Korean food to be found in London.

Ms/Mrs. Amy M

It's ok
04 August 2016
I fear that I am the sole dissenting voice amid these diner reviews. I have heard all good things about Jinjuu and to be fair, it's good. But not great. As is the want at the moment, the restaurant is slightly industrial chic, with uncomfortable chairs and exposed brick, loudish music and not really a joint to linger. But that's not why one goes. We had the signature chicken (mixed) from the menu and found the sauces disappointing considering they were the house special, but the tacos and mandoo were truly delicious. To follow we had the Bibimbap, with marinated pork, LOTS of rice (to fill you up) very nice, but again nothing that blew my socks off. I feel like we had a very nice version of Wagamama. I was literally dying to try this place, but I won't be rushing back. There is some really amazing Korean food available in London - Koba for one - and this all felt a little bit occidental.

Ms/Mrs. Rebecca L

A new favourite!
28 October 2015
I'd heard excellent things about Jinjuu and wasn't disappointed. The food itself is absolutely spot on. They really do have one of those menus where you struggle to decide what to choose. Luckily a lot of the menu are small plates so you can try different items. Highlights included the fried chicken wings (of course), prawn lollipops and mandoo dumplings (which I had to have a separate helping of. The marinades and sauces were absolutely first rate. The cocktails are superb as well and go really well with the style of food. We were seated downstairs as a table of four and it's quite loud but just about bearable - upstairs it's got very much a club feel to it and I'm not sure I'd want to be seated up their in a pair or a group. However, it was a Saturday night in Soho so it's to be expected to some extent. The speed of service is very fast which is good because it adds to the fact that part of the experience is ordering a few dishes and then maybe ordering a few more. Otherwise, the service is lacking somewhat . Our waiter wasn't very confident answering questions about the menu although he referred my peanut allergy question to someone else as they came over the explain what I could and couldn't have, so that was a point back on the score card. Similarly our food arrived at the same time as our drinks, which looking around seemed to be the norm. Given that the food arrived quickly it wasn't an issue but it's not something I particularly like. Mild negative points aside I should point out that where Jinjuu is concerned, I can let sub par service and ambience slide - the food is so bloody good very little could stop me going back.

Ms/Mrs. Joanna G

It's fair to say that I ? Jinjuu
15 September 2015
This is the 6th time I have eaten here, and it is hands down my favourite restaurant in London at the moment, I have pretty much eaten the whole menu, but my favourites are - Ya-chae Mandoo vegetable dumplings (soy dipping sauce, highly addictive), Bulgogi Beef tacos (I could eat these every day and never tire), Bibimbap Bowl with marinated pork belly, the Glazed USDA Short Ribs (melt in the mouth) and the Korean fried chicken wings with two "secret" sauces. I haven't had a bad dish here ever, the staff are friendly and efficient and it's always busy and buzzy.

Mr. Caped C

South Korean food with a twist
12 September 2015
Jinnjuu has firmly positioned itself as one of my favourite London restaurants. Highly creative South Korean cuisine with a Mexican / European fusion twist. My favourite kind of dining, unusual cocktails, delicious small plates adding a huge amount of variety culminating in a huge piece de resistance main; The Korean Fried Chicken. The small plates that are my faves include the prawn lollipops, goji bombs, tuna tartare, beef tacos, short rib dumblings, glass noodles with prawns to name a few. The main was the KFC (Korean Fried Chicken_ spicey batter encasing succulent moist chicken served with french fries. Literally had to be rolled out. Can't wait for the return trip.

Ms/Mrs. Lynn W

Fast service and good food
30 August 2015
There's lots of choice in Kingly Street but this is a good one. We liked the small plates especially, the Sae Woo pops (prawn lollies) with spicy chilli mayo for dipping, so cute and so tasty; the bulgogi beef tacos with soft flour tortilla and plenty of filling; and the veggie kimbap rolls. After that, the bimbibap appeared sizzling hot in hefty stone bowls, the rice forming a crispy crust under finely sliced and shredded vegetables plus prawns, topped with an egg and gochujang sauce stirred through. Really we were full but the Snickers hotteok sounded too tempting, and we demolished the lot - a firm, flat Korean pancake with salted caramel filling, crushed peanut brittle, ice cream and chocolate ganache. A bottle of Molamatta went very well with the mix of flavours and spices. Service was pleasant and brisk - so you could be finished and out in an hour if you want.

Varuni G

Definitely a keeper for Kingly Street
14 July 2015
Kingly Street is always buzzing, and there are a lot of decent places to try out. Jinjuu itself has a lot of great things about it, good food, excellent cocktails, and a really buzzy feel about it. Service is so so, at the door they seem quite snooty, the waiting staff seem quite inexperienced and missed order parts. Food delivery was also staggered so our party ate at different times but when i finally got my dishes, it was worth the wait. I tried the jalapeno lollipop starters which were a decent find, but the jinjuu chicken was deliciously tender and a huge portion for just piggy me! I think we were *meant* to be sharing. The rice with egg side was also delicious. Price wise, it was in no way extortionate, i think around £25 for starters, mains and a drink. Id recommend Jinjuu for catching up with friends, ignore the ok service and just enjoy the food for what it is, a delicious addition to the area.

Ms/Mrs. Cardy C

The tasting menu was a good deal!
27 June 2015
You can find my detailed review (with pictures!) here - http://www.hkpiggyfoodjournal.com/#!Modern Korean lunch at Jinjuu/cmbz/558d7b000cf20d45521ed4d6

For the ultimate KFC visit JINJUU
24 June 2015
Read Nuzy Sayani’s review of JINJUU I recently enjoyed a return visit to Jinjuu, Judy Joo’s Korean restaurant that is sandwiched between Regent Street and Carnaby Street. When people think of Korea, kimchi, soju (Korea’s version of vodka) and Gangnam Style come to mind but there is a lot more to discover. Jinjuu’s street level bar and dining area has a great vibe and was teaming with people during my visit. Sample the Korean inspired cocktails and nibble tapas style on the Anju (small plates). As the music and chatter can be loud, I booked a booth in the basement dining room that is more conducive to conversation and affords you a view of the theatre style kitchen. The menu is Korean fusion with a blend of classic and contemporary that works surprising well. This characteristic is exhibited in the décor and art work. You are met in the reception by a Gumiho, a 1000 year old fox with nine tails to protect those who enter. We sat beneath a Korean tiger and an English Lion set amongst a cityscape of Seoul and London. Great cultural diversity! The attentive and well informed manager, Francesco Della Corte guided us through the menu. In order to whet our appetite we ordered The Psy Sour, a soju based cocktail that was adorned with a ginseng candy and a Bourbon Baby (have it straight up) We started with the Portobello Mushroom and the delicious Bulgogi Beef tacos generously stuffed with Asian slaw, a Korean Caesar salad with a kimchi Caesar dressing served with spicy grilled prawns, a tuna tartare and the famous Korean Fried Chicken – the Jin Chick. This is not a place for those of you who are shy about eating with your hands as you need to dig in! The chicken had a crisp batter but was succulent inside and was paired with mini bottles of “secret sauces” – one made from the ubiquitous Gochujang, a traditional spicy sauce made with red pepper and the other a blend of umami and soy. We were advised to mix the sauces up together. I would advise you to order the thighs instead of the wings. Many of the dishes can be served “as is” or you can add beef, chicken, prawns or tofu allowing you to adapt the menu to your taste and there is enough choice for vegetarians. Our voyage continued with a Bibimbap Bowl which is really a complete meal served in a stone bowl. The rice is mixed with vegetables and a fried egg to which we added grilled chicken breast. This is all mixed together with a generous dollop of Gochujang sauce to give it a kick. Ultimate comfort food. We also enjoyed the Jap Chae, simple stir fried noodles made from sweet potato mixed with vegetables and sides of crunchy roasted broccoli and Asian slaw. We then moved onto roasted sea bass that was wrapped in a banana leaf and cooked on the open grill. This was accompanied by a selection of kimchi, pickled radish, rice and a salad of spring onions that complemented the delicacy of the fish. The four of us managed to leave a little room for dessert and in the spirit of friendship shared a dessert platter. I particularly liked the chocolate, hazelnut and Gochugaru (red pepper powder) brownie with salted miso ice-cream and the Yuja (a citrus fruit) crème brulee. We rounded off the meal with some Korean tea. I would give the green tea with popcorn a miss but enjoyed the comforting Yujacha, a honey citron fruit tea that tastes like a lemony marmalade. Paddington Bear would definitely approve! I would recommend Jinjuu for food that is interesting, accessible, flavourful and fun. It doesn’t take itself too seriously and the overall experience of the food, atmosphere and service makes me want to return soon. Jinjuu, 15 Kingly Street, London W1B 5PS 0208 181 8887; jinjuu.com @NuzySayani Nuzy Sayani is Catwalkschoolgates’ restaurant reviewer. Nuzy lives in Marylebone with her husband and seven year old son. She is a technology lawyer and loves the theatre, cinema, is an avid reader and likes nothing more than trying out restaurants. Nuzy will be sharing her dining experiences with us and would love to hear from you with your recommendations.

Other restaurants near Jinjuu Soho

You are requesting to book Jinjuu Soho for people on at .