Galvin at Windows (bar)

Bars

Call Galvin at Windows (bar) to make a booking on:

About Galvin at Windows (bar)

The greige and soft-gold space-age interior of this suave sky lounge screams Swinging Sixties, the thrusting decade when hemlines and hotels went high-rise. It was here that The Beatles first encountered the Maharishi, the yogi seer who guided their Magical Mystery Tour. Spiritual enlightenment of another sort can be found in cocktail recipes that fuse eastern and western philosophies: reach Nirvana with A Thousand Buddhas (Beefeater gin, hibiscus and spiced eucalyptus), make Sunset Blues (Mortlach Rare single malt, Pedro Ximénez and poppy flower) your new mantra or bliss out with Zen Fizz – a Perrier Jouët sparkler prepared with aged rum and a sorbet of bittersweet matcha tea. Bar food includes Korean fried chicken, 'dog deluxe' and 'something for the ladies' (tenderstem broccoli in romesco sauce, perhaps). The views from the 28th floor are heavenly – and prices aren’t exactly earth-bound, either.

Good to know about Galvin at Windows (bar)

Bars
Glamorous
Dates
Views

SquareMeal lists featuring Galvin at Windows (bar)

SquareMeal Silver Awards Best hotel bars in London Best Mayfair Bars West End Bars

Location for Galvin at Windows (bar)

London Hilton, 22 Park Lane, London, W1K 1BE

Opening Times of Galvin at Windows (bar)

Mon-Fri, Sun 11am-1am (Thurs-Fri -3am Sun -11pm) Sat 3pm-3am

Reviews of Galvin at Windows (bar)

19 December 2015

Was here for a xmas lunch with colleagues. Had booked a table by the windows well in advance...got a table as far away as possible from the windows. Food was wonderful..as expected when you pay 75 pounds per person for a 3- course meal. Service was efficient but my no means particularly friendly. Not once did the manager ask whether it was ok that they put us at a table far removed from the windows even though that was the primary reason for coming here in the first place. Not the first time have been here...but after this underwhelming experience...at 700 pounds for 4 people...unlikely to come back....

03 December 2012

I have been coming to Galvin at the Windows for a good 10 years. And it never fails to disappoint me with its breath taking views. The only slight downside is that it is ever so slightly expensive, but it is worth it when you share it with the right person. I will never ever stop coming here, regardless of the price. Galvin at the Windows has a special place in my heart.

08 June 2012

My wife and I enjoyed an excellent lunch at Galvin's during the recent Jubilee bank holiday. The service was first class, discreet, yet attentive. The restaurant manager seated us at a window seat with a magnificent view over Buckingham Palace. We selected the very affordable Menu du Jour and the first course of mackerel tartar, followed by a main of belly pork, were both tasty and perfectly cooked. Throughout the meal I was most impressed with the quiet and yet efficient level of service, the pleasant helpful manner of the staff and their detailed responses to any questions asked. The restaurant manager checked during the meal that we were happy with both food and service. We were invited onto the restaurant balcony to watch the Red Arrow ‘fly past’; a fitting climax to a special lunch. Hats off to the staff at Galvin's for making our day special.

07 June 2010

What a completely over rated place this is! Down at heel decor, in need of a make over and a change of staff if Saturday night was anything to go by. Shocking service – no sooner had the bottle of wine arrived and we had put a glass to our lips, they were topping us up and presented us with the bill!!! Twice they came back to take the bill wallet and we said we hadn't finished yet and therefore hadn't put the money/card in yet – and still they came back twice to check it. I wouldn't mind , but this was all done in the space of 30 mins. Never have I been made to feel so unwelcome and rushed. The Barman behind the bar yawned loudly right behind us – so even he seemed fed up with the place. Dreadful place – would never go back and glad I didn't opt to eat there. The reviews were bad enough to put me off – I didn't think the Bar could be as bad. How wrong I was!

06 December 2009

My wife and I went for Sunday lunch today – 28 floors up and the sun shining! Sadly the queen was not in Buck house (wrong flar flying) so no sightings of her way down below! We were given a table at the window and I strongly recommend you ask for such a table because if, like us after 30+ years of marriage, you run out of subject matter then you can just look at the great view! Actually our visit didnt start brilliantly as a very brusque young lady was at the door ‘demanding’ if we had a reservaton and pointing my wife to the corner to leave her coat! If they aspire to a michelin star then the door manners have too improve! However thereafter the service could not be faulted. As we had the time we chose the tasting menu I(£75 pp), which we enjoyed a lot. To save the trouble of choosing wine we also went for their choice of wine (£35 extra pp) which worked pretty well overall all but was not compelling. The place was virtually full and had a good feel about it and we were not rushed at any point – we were there in all about 2 1/2 hours. The tables are far enough apart to mean that you can speak easily and in confidence despite it being busy. Not a cheap outing given our choice (the 3 course menu of the day was, I think, £25 pp) and given the location and the quality of the food that looks a bargain! Good fun and we will go again and try either the menu of the day or the a la carte for a change.!

Other restaurants near Galvin at Windows (bar)

You are requesting to book Galvin at Windows (bar) for people on at